August 2019 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,445 Member
    Options
    Teresa502 wrote: »

Me too! I like the Brooks Ghost shoe. Version 12 just came out so I need to see if I can find any 11s on sale and stock up!

I just bought some Ghost 11's at Academy for $80 (last weekend).
  • Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    Options
    Pickle107 wrote: »
    I'm up for 50 miles this month.

Welcome to the group!
  • kazprowse
    kazprowse Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm aiming to do 80 miles this month 😁
  • Teresa502
    Teresa502 Posts: 1,716 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Scott6255 wrote: »

Me too! I like the Brooks Ghost shoe. Version 12 just came out so I need to see if I can find any 11s on sale and stock up!

I just bought some Ghost 11's at Academy for $80 (last weekend).

I checked online today at Academy and they were $99 which is better than $120 but $80 - I'm jealous!
  • MegaMooseEsq
    MegaMooseEsq Posts: 3,118 Member
    Options
    Avidkeo wrote: »
    Morning!

It's the 1st August today. And bitterly cold here. I want to make August the month I finally get into a routine but My monthly resolve is already wavering. We definitely can't move into our new home until the 5th September, have to be out of this house on 14th August, so looks like this month is going to be a bit unsettled. I hate knowing it's going to be unsettled sigh.

I have a day off work today. My plan is to go for a run along the foreshore - I'm both excited and nervous. Been a couple of weeks since I last ran, and it's cold and wet. But WWMS (what would Moby say)!

Oh and I've officially been hanging out with you guys for a year, so there's that.

*hugs* Moving is a lot of work, so you definitely deserve to cut yourself some slack. Run if the mood strikes, and if it doesn't, the road will still be there after you get unpacked.
  • Scott6255
    Options

I checked online today at Academy and they were $99 which is better than $120 but $80 - I'm jealous!

If you spend $100 or more, you get 20% off (the cashier scanned a coupon presumably from the ad flyer). I was grateful :)
  • Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
    Options
    Morning!

It's the 1st August today. And bitterly cold here. I want to make August the month I finally get into a routine but My monthly resolve is already wavering. We definitely can't move into our new home until the 5th September, have to be out of this house on 14th August, so looks like this month is going to be a bit unsettled. I hate knowing it's going to be unsettled sigh.

I have a day off work today. My plan is to go for a run along the foreshore - I'm both excited and nervous. Been a couple of weeks since I last ran, and it's cold and wet. But WWMS (what would Moby say)!

Oh and I've officially been hanging out with you guys for a year, so there's that.

*hugs* Moving is a lot of work, so you definitely deserve to cut yourself some slack. Run if the mood strikes, and if it doesn't, the road will still be there after you get unpacked.

Thanks! And so true. One thing that's helped this month is reading everyone's stories. So this year has been a bit up and down as far as my goals go, it's only 1 year. In 5, 10, 20 when I look back I'm not going to remember the missed run opportunities, I'm going to remember this as the year we moved closer to family, how happy I am in my new job (long may that last) and how fantastic it is to see my kids blossom in our new community. It will be a blip on the radar.

Oh and I will remember it as another successful maintainance at just slightly overweight bahaha.
    PS by that I mean I have to keep reminding myself how happy I am at a size 10 (size 8 US) and how greatful I'm no longer an 18

Want some exciting news @avidkeo? A NZ 10 is usually a US 6* Size Six!!!

And boo hiss about the two week gap between houses. How about booking a fortnight somewhere warm? (I know, I know, if only... it's a good idea though, right?)

Ohhh I thought it was an 8 bahaha
    Mmmm a fortnight somewhere warm sounds amazing. Finally actually feels like winter here lol.
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,392 Member
    Options
    @Lazy_Bones_85 - great picture!
    I don't like the amount of chlorine in most hotel pools so I usually pick them by running trails nearby 😁
  • Scott6255
    Options

I signed up for a 15K on October 19.

That isn't the Peachtree Classic 15K by any chance, is it? I am running that race with my brother and his family.
  • Lazy_Bones_85
    Lazy_Bones_85 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Scott6255 wrote: »

I signed up for a 15K on October 19.

That isn't the Peachtree Classic 15K by any chance, is it? I am running that race with my brother and his family.

It is!!