August 2019 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,979 Member
    Options
    @JMNagain That is a beautiful place to run. Glad you had a good one, even if the conditions weren't ideal.
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    I'm in for 105 miles in August, Training plan calls for 109 but I had to run tomorrow's run today (July 31) due to an all-day work commitment so I'm not going to punish myself for having to rearrange my days.

I signed up for a 15K on October 19. I am also trying to lose some weight. On top of this, I will be traveling for work 14 out of 16 days from August 4-19, then will be joining the in-laws on the Jersey Shore the last week of the month. So what possibly could go wrong with a high volume running plan, coupled with a caloric deficit, while only being home for what will seem like 4 hours the entire month? But I was able to order 6 pairs of my beloved Saucony Kineta Relay running shoes. And one of the hotels I'll be staying at later this month has a 9ft deep swimming pool so I can act like a child and do back flips all afternoon. I sometimes pick hotels solely based on their pool depth.
    This was me yesterday morning acting like a fool: yzra5blxws97.jpg
    I use to do that as a kid. Don’t think i could do it without a Humpy Dumpty incident. I am seriously jealous of those legs. Do you cross-train? I have chicken legs and now that I’m not running... they are flabby chicken legs. Here look...
    dtcuquxewtxk.jpeg

Haha! Fix me.