WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR AUGUST 2019

Options

Replies

• klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    Lannette glad you are home and the anti nausea patch is doing its job. Take it easy and don’t try to do too much too soon, even if you feel up to it.

NYKAREN
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    384925t0kax01e9c.gif
  • LisaInAR
    LisaInAR Posts: 2,020 Member
    Options
    Lanette, glad you're home and doing well! <3
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    lhscapil wrote: »
    Hi ladies,
    I am home! Feeling good! Great care at the hospital and surgery wasn't extensive = no mesh. I see surgeon for follow up in a couple weeks so will get the details then, lol.
    Lanette
    Feeling grateful in Sunny SW WA State <3 .

1410368au83pgub4e.gif

Cheri

• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,144 Member
    Options
    drkatiebug wrote: »
    DrKatie: Your cluttering philosophies almost matches mine to a T! 😂 I pick and choose tips that suit my lifestyle from lots of places. Haven't come across the Sunday Basket method. Will check that out.

Terri,

The cliff notes version of Sunday basket is that you sort mail as it comes in, trash what needs trashing and put the rest in your Sunday basket. Once a week ( she does Sunday) you go through it, pay the bills and file.

Mine has been known to go past a week, but I always grab the bills out and pay them. It at least corrals the papers to file in one place.

Ahhh! I already operate a similar system for mail, but without the basket. I have an old toast rack that sits on the hall cupboard and file bills there. Trash goes straight into recycle bin. Most of our monthly utilities bills are paid automatically. We get discount for doing it that way. Also set reminders on my phone to pay other bills just in time.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,929 Member
    Options
    1948Peachy wrote: »
    Anniversary Dinner

:) I like that you are snuggled up close to each other. Happy Anniversary.
  • trucker743
    trucker743 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    snowflake1968, that’s one of the sweetest wedding videos I’ve ever seen. Your daughter and her husband are both glowing.

Sharon Near Seattle
  • Workoutahloic50
    Workoutahloic50 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Peachy-Happy Anniversary!!!I love the picture of y’all!
    Debby In Va
  • trucker743
    trucker743 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Kate! i just love the PinkShamrocks username! It gives me a mental picture of a perky little plant standing out from the others. “Hello!” to you and all the other many new gals recently!

Sharon Near Seattle
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,557 Member
    Options
    Iiii
  • LisaInAR
    LisaInAR Posts: 2,020 Member
    Options
    janetr7476 wrote: »
    Lanette I'm glad you're home and doing well. Thanks for letting us know.

Carol love the anniversary picture. After three marriages for me, Jack and I will celebrate our 10th in a couple of months. I've never made it to 10 before.

My daughter just messaged me that my granddaughter 's boyfriend was taken to the ER in his small SW Texas town and once again sent up to Lubbock. They had to insert a chest tube as he has fluid in his lung and heart. She said its fairly common with broken ribs and punctured lung. P!ease pray and/or send good healing thoughts for him

I have an appointment Thursday morning with the surgeon regarding my left knee replacement that has slipped. I really really don't want more surgery. The actual surgery doesn't bother me and I have a high threshold for pain, but since my gastric bypass I cannot seem to handle any type of pain meds. I get killer headaches and have hallucinations and I don't want to go through it again. I've had 10 surgeries in my adult life and I am so done.

I had a full blown sinus infection last week and was miserable, feeling better now.

Love you my friends,
    Janetr OKC

Hoping for the best, both for the boy, and for your appt with the surgeon, dear heart.

Lisa
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,557 Member
    Options
    stats for the day:

no gym workout
    riding winter bike

bike ride hm 2 gym- 7.58min, 11.7amph, 139mhr, 1.55mi= 81c
    apple watch- 64c
    bike ride gym 2 dome- 5.23min, 16.4amph, 132mhr, 1.46mi= 53c
    apple watch- 49c
    bike ride puy 2 sumn station- 13.51min, 13amph, 144mhr,3mi= 129c
    apple watch- 114c
    jog station 2 wrk- 4.56min, 147mhr, 10min mi, .49mi= 66c
    apple watch- 62c
    jog wrk 2 sta- est,min, 10min mi, 144mhr, .49mi= 63c
    apple watch- 58c
    bike ride dome 2 hm- 9.23min, 148mhr, 7.9amph, 2.56mi= 181c
    apple watch- 146c

total cal 573
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,899 Member
    Options
    Katla49 wrote: »
    Barbie: Thanks for the wise advice on the trip. You are helping me make hard choices. I wanted my adventure and I will be dumped into airports instead. Clearly, I’m going to have to compromise but I’m not happy about it. :flowerforyou:

Mary from MN and AZ: Thanks for your encouragement. I don’t have many options. “You can’t always get what you wa-ant . . .” :ohwell:

I want and need to see my grandchildren. I’ve been trying my best to have DH participate, too, but he won’t. I wanted to do the RV road trip for the adventure of it, but DH is clearly not able to spend that many hours in a vehicle at this time. I’m going to make DH find and book the flights, though. :devil: (Color me passive-aggressive.)

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon

Unfortunately, we don't always get what we want. :(

I want to see my family and friends in Canada, and spend some time travelling and cycling there.
    I'd like to travel in general ... I had a dream the other night that my husband and I popped over to New Zealand for Christmas. It was lovely.

But I have two options:

1) Stay in Tasmania.
    2) Arrange some sort of care for my husband and go by myself.

I'm getting bored with the first option (Tasmania isn't that big!) but I definitely don't want to take the second option.

So ... we stay in Tasmania.

Unfortunately, that's life ... attempting to make the best of what we've got.

klanders30 wrote: »
    Katla I’m glad you’re moving towards the visit. And I’m with you on getting DH to help with the flights.

I’m leaning toward a treadmill purchase. Starting the research phase of things. I still gave my gym until the end of September.
    NYKAREN

My research phase was about a month before I settled on one that I like. :) And it is lovely having a treadmill at home! Many times in the past, I would have skipped exercise in the evenings ... now I hop on even for just 10 or 15 minutes which often turns into more.

Machka in Oz
  • Machka9
    Options
    AZTeri2016 wrote: »
    I started working out with a trainer last year, and three weeks ago upped my sessions to 3 times a week. On the off days, I do cardio and my husband and I take long bike rides on Saturday.

:):)

Welcome ... from another cyclist!

Machka in Oz

• Machka9
    Options
    drkatiebug wrote: »
    DrKatie: Your cluttering philosophies almost matches mine to a T! 😂 I pick and choose tips that suit my lifestyle from lots of places. Haven't come across the Sunday Basket method. Will check that out.

Terri,

The cliff notes version of Sunday basket is that you sort mail as it comes in, trash what needs trashing and put the rest in your Sunday basket. Once a week ( she does Sunday) you go through it, pay the bills and file.

Mine has been known to go past a week, but I always grab the bills out and pay them. It at least corrals the papers to file in one place.

Ahhh! I already operate a similar system for mail, but without the basket. I have an old toast rack that sits on the hall cupboard and file bills there. Trash goes straight into recycle bin. Most of our monthly utilities bills are paid automatically. We get discount for doing it that way. Also set reminders on my phone to pay other bills just in time.

This is the way we operate too ...

Rubbish is tossed right away.
    The few other bits of snail mail are placed on my computer for me to see when I get home from work. These days, most of the mail we get are letters to remind or notify my husband about upcoming appointments.
    Bills are mostly paid automatically ... in fact, this has just reminded me that I might try to set another one up to be automatic. It annoys me.

M in Oz