WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR AUGUST 2019

Options

Replies

• margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,057 Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    Margaret~ I put 30% down and and put $10.000 in escrow.. and I have only owned it a year in June, so I dont know what they are doing.. going to get my closing paperwork out and then find out where They are coming from..
    I think maybe in January I will just buy the place outright and be done with it all.. I dont want to have to deal with more than I need to..

Allie - My Question would be if the $10,000 you put in escrow was for taxes and insurance, or was that put into escrow as earnest money when you bought the condo and it went towards your down payment, closing costs, etc? I think confusion is coming out of escrow being used multiple ways.

Okie in the TX Hill Country

Good point. Closing costs can be $2000 or more. The mortgage lender and or realtor should be able to help Allie. The fees should be there on the mortgage agreement. Did you have to pay at closing with a check for these or like Okie suggested were these part of the escrow? The escrow as part of the mortgage payment should be for taxes and maybe insurance and in your case for the fees and points at the closing. When I bought son's home we also had to put some money down and this amount came off at closing. That 10,000 might have been what you put down on the home as part of the purchase agreement. I agree with Okie this money might have been used for fees, points, and to pay off part of your principal.

All of this should have been explained at closing if you had a good realtor.

Although in saying this I know how overwhelming a closing can be just having gone through it with son's house. Adding a mortgage adds headaches and fees. We did not have a mortgage on son's home and we still had $2000 in fees. When I was going through this I felt if I breathed there was a fee. Sometimes I still feel that way.

I had to come with a check that added in the fees and then subtracted the money we out down in the purchase agreement. In your case that might be what your mortgage was based on. If you paid points to lower your mortgage payment. Each point could have cost you at least a $1000 or more. That too might have come out of that $10,000.

We are still finishing up issues from the trust we set up so Allie I feel your pain. Spent an hour and a half at the bank today. The good news is I think that leg is done for now.

Allie be prepared if you do decide to pay off the mortgage there may be fees involved. Find out is there are and how much so there are no surprises.

<3 Margaret
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    (((Lanette)))
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,057 Member
    Options
    Lanette thinking of you and hoping surgery went well.
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    Good Monday from flooding Grand Island Nebraska. I woke up at 4 this morning to lighten and then the rain started. Coming to work most of the streets had water several inches deep. I feel for the farmers that have crops standing in water. Our State fair is this week here in town and what a mess. Yesterday was half way decent and they could do things but today back to water every where.

I had a nice weekend, it just flew by. Did get the baby blanket done I was moking for a family from our church. They are expecting a girl in Oct. but moving to Kansas the end of this month. So DH will drop that off today. This is their 10th child and they seem very happy. All the children are home schooled and very polite.

Rebecca--I used to write letter with a couple of my girlfriends from school. But one passed away the other had the stroke. I must admit I miss getting letters with the news of thier family.

Machka--Beautiful card and does say whats important.

Karen--Yes our county fair has really gone down hill since the State Fair moved here. Doesn't help they are only about a month apart.

Bananasando--We only go to the State fair on the evening they have the christian concert. Usually walk around and look at the different stuff then go to the show and home. They have a different concert every one of the 11 nights. Country, rock, pop, and then just one night of christain.

Heather--Congrates on your winnings!!

I am up to page 81 but out of time for today.
    Blessings, Vicki GI NE <3
  • Workoutahloic50
    Workoutahloic50 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Lanette-💐💐💐glad you’re home and feeling good.Happy you didn’t have to have mesh.Hope you get plenty of rest and have no complications.❤️❤️
    Debby In Va
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    Lanette ~ So happy that you have come through the surgery! :)

Vicki ~ I am sorry that the rain may hurt your visit to the fair and think good thoughts for the farmers.

Heather ~ Hope you get the word processor you need to do your writing. I really like Windows 10.

We are going out for steak to celebrate our anniversary!

Carol in GA
  • LuciBThinner
    LuciBThinner Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Lanette So glad surgery went well and that you are doing well!

Hi, Teri! Welcome! We are about the same in weight and goal weight. I am still working to get my exercise up because I had some physical injuries, but I am still improving.

Luci in WNC

• JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    AZ Teri- Welcome were a bunch of ages so we fit together nicely especially since all of us are after technology became a everyday thing! We all remember gardens to sewing. We all remember what it was like when most foods had to be hand made not bought in the store lol 😂. We know what wall phones ,rotary dial,y telephone books were for even party lines with a busy body listening in ready to rattle on you! Lol
    We’re all Peri to post menopause so we all know what a struggle weight loss is it’s an all girls group.

Lanette-That’s great news!

Luci- same here still doing my best to over come physical limitations but getting off the floor with way less need for help so that’s a plus!

Vicki- State fairs everywhere to carnivals definitely don’t have the class they once did plus the prices are ridiculous! $10 to throw a dart 🎯 I remember when kids could pay with their own piggy bank money

Amber Tx
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,288 Member
    Options
    Lanette - Glad you are doing well!

Okie
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,221 Member
    Options
    Lanette <3<3<3:D

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • trucker743
    trucker743 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Karen in Virginia, im 110 miles exactly from my daughters’ homes in Oak Harbor, therefore about the same distance from Rebecca. Someday I will probably move to a retired residence up there, but not yet.

Sharon Near Seattle
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    Lanette Speedy recovery!

Carol Sounds like a wonderful, relaxed plan for your anniversary

Sharon I missed you! Thanks, I have been curious how far apart all of you Northwesterners live - now I know about you and Rebecca, anyway!

Karen in Virginia
  • trucker743
    trucker743 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    SueBeDew in TX, i just love the quote about what exercise is and is not! I think that actually helps me change my feeling about it. I felt like that as a high school freshman when I first met my mother’s expectation about my weight. I could easily do two half-hour sessions a day of pretty intense calisthenics focusing on abs, hips and thighs. And I felt proud that I could do so many reps with good to excellent form. Needless to say, MY form was, for that time, considered excellent as well. This time I want it to be truly MY choice, not the one my mother imposed on me then.

Sharon Near Seattle