Less Alcohol - SEPTEMBER 2019 - One Day at a Time

Options

Replies

• dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,557 Member
    Options
    Geez @anglilacs I think that wine would have made me more talkative not less : - P
  • dawnbgethealthy
    Options
    As usual, I am going to work on 4-5 AF days per week.
    I managed 18AF days out of 31 for August somehow.
    I am going away the last week of September and first week of October, and I will be in a bathing suit every day, so am wanting to rack up lots of AF days before that.

September 01 - Sunday 5 drinks! (Saturday between 1pm and 1am at the music festival I had 7 drinks and didn't even throw up strangely). Drinks 2 days in a row is such a no-no, it makes it become normal to have drinks on the 3rd day 4th day etc. But I won't.
    September 02 - AF
    September 03 - AF - my "scheduled" day to have drinks, but there is ice skating at one of the arenas tomorrow and I haven't skated since April, so, well, I don't want to have a hangover or anything and fall and break my head : - P
    September 04 - AF - I was invited over to a friend's house for some wine, but declined. Skating was exhilarating today, even though it took me a few times around to get comfortable. Definitely didn't want to wreck the added calorie burn by having drinks.
    September 05 - 3 drinks. Feeling so much different than yesterday. My second sleepless night this week and a stressful workday coupled with Anxiety that I just couldn't seem to meditate away even though I ran (drove) to the lake after work for a float under a cloudless clear blue sky with sparkling glass-like water and some deep breaths. Sleep deprivation is crappy. I realize that booze probably doesn't help Anxiety, but it has somehow tonight numbed me and relaxed me. Still using booze as a crutch I guess, although I tried other things first. Not going to beat myself up. Us humans can be so fragile! If only I could skate every day... : - )
    September 06 - AF
    September 07 - AF - I didn't intend to be, but I burned over 1100 calories through exercise and didn't want that to be wasted, so stayed AF
    September 08 - 3 drinks - next planned drinks, Tuesday
    September 09 - AF
    September 10 - 3 drinks Tuesday. I didn't have enough to eat I guess and really felt it, thought that I was going to puke but didn't. I drank a lot of water after the drinks, so actually feel okay now. Time to rack up some more AF days.
    September 11 - AF - Skated today, but with having drinks last night I didn't really feel that steady.
    September 12 - 2 drinks, just couldn't have the 3rd which is unusual for me. Too tired to even make a 3rd drink. Long workday today, I must say that it was nice to have a couple of cocktails. Off to bed early.
    September 13 - 2 drinks + an AF beer. Really, I never drink beer, but am glad that I bought that 6-pack of Labbatt AF to put in the fridge. I think that I have had 2 of them now. I wanted one more drink but didn't really feel like having more alcohol, and definitely did not want water. Broke the "never have drinks 2 days in a row" thing. But also didn't have my 3rd drink 2 days in a row. Faulty thinking, but whatever. 2 weeks of barely any sleep, have a hard time shutting off my brain even though my body is super tired. Maybe my discipline goes out the window, although I have been low on calories. Perhaps I will make the 4 AF days per week this week, maintained the 5 AF days for the week last week. Weekend, no big pressing events to look good or feel sharp. Just need to continue to work on harvesting and processing my garden tomorrow.
    September 14 - AF - Felt like having drinks, but didn't.
    September 15 - 3 drinks. no reason to have drinks really, just did. I have had 2 glasses of water since. I have had a couple of weeks of sleep deprivation, not that it is an excuse, but the few days that I was able to actually fall asleep were days where I had alcohol. I hope to do well when I am in Dallas for 2 weeks. I had tentatively booked an all-inclusive (much cheaper than Dallas) but I struggle so much with my weight loss and putting in some AF days every week that I knew that the all-inclusive option was only going to be setting me up for failure. Not that I will never do an all-inclusive again, but maybe after another 20 pounds down on the scale. Anyone here live in Dallas btw? Or have been to Dallas and know some great places to visit? There are 8 arenas with public skating 2-3 times per day 7 days a week, so y'all know that I will be ice skating every day (packing my skates in my suitcase since rental skates don't make me skate my best, and people hear that you are from Canada and expect you to be steady on your blades). I would be tickled pink if someone is from the area and wants to skate with me : - )
    September 16 - AF
    September 17 - Tuesday. 3 drinks over quite a space of time. I was one and a half drinks in when a friend that lives far away called me, so I put that drink in the freezer lol. Talked for 2 hours, then made something to eat and had the rest of that one and another one. My Tuesdays really are too much. I worked 14 hours, and it was stressful. Still using booze as a sedative from time to time. So far not every Tuesday, but I have sort of designated Tuesdays as the days that I will have a few drinks.
    September 18 - AF
    September 19 - AF - that was a tough long day then a friend came by to take me out for an early birthday drink, but I declined. Bonus skating in the morning that I don't want to be wobbly for, and planned drinks tomorrow.
    September 20 - Martini, champagne, 3 other drinks.
    Sept 21 - AF
    Sept 22 - AF - I leave for Spokane tomorrow, then fly out of there to Dallas the next morning. I am not sure how I will do while away, but I don't plan on limiting myself too much. Definitely going to try Texas bbq! I have never had Brisket. I will be happy if I can accomplish 18 AF days for the month, so shooting for that. I will be checking in for sure.
    September 23 - AF - in Spokane, flying out to Dallas in the morning 24th.
    September 24 - 1/2 bottle of wine (2 6oz glasses). Very long traveling day, hardly any food, got lost in Dallas trying to find my motel...got there, went to the grocery store for some food and wine. Now I have a half bottle sitting there.
    September 25 - Well, I stared at that half bottle of wine and delayed and delayed. I went into the pool hot tub after dark without taking a glass with me even though I wanted to. I was doing well...but caved. I know that 2 days in a row leads to 3 days in a row and 4 days in a row etc. Still drinking way less than I would if I had gone to an all inclusive. Wine is not my drink of choice normally. Tomorrow night (and Saturday night) I am going to an NHL hockey game. Under my calorie limit the last few days, so that is good. In a bathing suit every day, so shouldn't be drinking because of the bloat. Whatever, I am on vacation, not going to go crazy though. Hoping to squeeze at least a couple more AF days in before the end of the month.

Running total: 14 AF days out of 25 days so far
  • MissMay
    MissMay Posts: 3,548 Member
    Options
    whitpauly wrote: »
    You guys will probably see more of me posting here cuz the no alcohol thread isn't very lively anymore, besides it's less alcohol and that's the point cuz I haven't been completely AF this year although I'm working on it 👍 cant believe Sept is nearly over!

Great to see you again @whitpauly. You know you are always welcome here at "less alcohol" to lurk...linger and post. Wow how the months have flown by since we have been in here, huh?
    Hope you have been doing well.

• MissMay
    Options
    This week it was time to add on a new challenge, especially now that I don't get wine cravings anymore. I started a diet that my local hospital dietitian put me on to improve my health and lose 15 lbs, mostly anti-inflammatory, no meat, no dairy, no gluten, no fried, no juice, no diet soda with sucralose even, mostly plant based except for salmon, beans or egg whites. Chicken on occasion and meat ok once a month. Nothing packaged, nothing fake. Just nutrient dense food, organic if possible. This is REALLY HARD since it excludes 95% of the food in a typical american supermarket!

Today is day 2 and I am going thru ice cream withdrawals. Thank goodness I didn't start this at the same time I started my wine elimination diet.

Wow that does sound super hard to follow. But in the end it will all be worth your strong determination and efforts to be a healthy you. Good luck.
  • MissMay
    Options
    @anglilacs your drinking patteren looks so familiar to mine back in 2018. Pangs are normal. Bonus....more family time chatting with your son. Keep it up.
  • MissMay
    Options
    @dawnbgethealthy your vacation is making us envious! Enjoy the time away. Like you said. Your DRINKING LESS than you would have at an all inclusive. Have fun at the hockey games.
  • anglilacs
    anglilacs Posts: 165 Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    Geez @anglilacs I think that wine would have made me more talkative not less : - P

Haha! Yes, wine does make me more talkative with adults, especially at a social event. I find when I am drinking at home, it makes me really drowsy and just ready for bed. And that’s what I crave sometimes - a nice warm feeling before bed and the brain is turned off...until it isn’t. :)
  • MissMay
    Options

WinoGelato wrote: »
    So yeah definitely not AF but definitely keeping in spirit of “less alcohol”.

@WinoGelato ........nice play on words! (spirit/alcohol)
  • MissMay
    Options
    @BuddysSurrogateGrandpa1 that is an interesting read. And so true. I thought for many years that alcohol was like a free pass in the calorie department. It was not until they really started to come out with all the light beers that a light went off in my head. Yikes really calories in beer?....When did that happen I thought. Than I tried to substitute the alcohol calories for the nutritious food calories and got in even worse of a mess.
    Nice to have you in here with your pondering and thought provoking posts.
  • dawnbgethealthy
    Options
    anglilacs wrote: »

Haha! Yes, wine does make me more talkative with adults, especially at a social event. I find when I am drinking at home, it makes me really drowsy and just ready for bed. And that’s what I crave sometimes - a nice warm feeling before bed and the brain is turned off...until it isn’t. :)
    anglilacs wrote: »

So interesting that you said that. I am not a wine drinker, until this trip. I have had sleep problems/disorders since I was 7 years old. This week I got into red wine, and it is the best sleeps that I have ever had. The nice warm feeling like you said, the brain turned off. Felt amazing the next days and refreshed.
    If I drink liquor (my usual), when I fall asleep I wake up in an hour.
    Oh my, I could be a wino now. About to get drowsy.
  • dawnbgethealthy
    edited September 2019
    Options
    that I just couldn't seem to meditate away even though I ran (drove) to the lake after work for a float under a cloudless clear blue sky with sparkling glass-like water and some deep breaths. Sleep deprivation is crappy. I realize that booze probably doesn't help Anxiety, but it has somehow tonight numbed me and relaxed me. Still using booze as a crutch I guess, although I tried other things first. Not going to beat myself up. Us humans can be so fragile! If only I could skate every day... : - )
    September 06 - AF
    September 07 - AF - I didn't intend to be, but I burned over 1100 calories through exercise and didn't want that to be wasted, so stayed AF
    September 08 - 3 drinks - next planned drinks, Tuesday
    September 09 - AF
    September 10 - 3 drinks Tuesday. I didn't have enough to eat I guess and really felt it, thought that I was going to puke but didn't. I drank a lot of water after the drinks, so actually feel okay now. Time to rack up some more AF days.
    September 11 - AF - Skated today, but with having drinks last night I didn't really feel that steady.
    September 12 - 2 drinks, just couldn't have the 3rd which is unusual for me. Too tired to even make a 3rd drink. Long workday today, I must say that it was nice to have a couple of cocktails. Off to bed early.
    September 13 - 2 drinks + an AF beer. Really, I never drink beer, but am glad that I bought that 6-pack of Labbatt AF to put in the fridge. I think that I have had 2 of them now. I wanted one more drink but didn't really feel like having more alcohol, and definitely did not want water. Broke the "never have drinks 2 days in a row" thing. But also didn't have my 3rd drink 2 days in a row. Faulty thinking, but whatever. 2 weeks of barely any sleep, have a hard time shutting off my brain even though my body is super tired. Maybe my discipline goes out the window, although I have been low on calories. Perhaps I will make the 4 AF days per week this week, maintained the 5 AF days for the week last week. Weekend, no big pressing events to look good or feel sharp. Just need to continue to work on harvesting and processing my garden tomorrow.
    September 14 - AF - Felt like having drinks, but didn't.
    September 15 - 3 drinks. no reason to have drinks really, just did. I have had 2 glasses of water since. I have had a couple of weeks of sleep deprivation, not that it is an excuse, but the few days that I was able to actually fall asleep were days where I had alcohol. I hope to do well when I am in Dallas for 2 weeks. I had tentatively booked an all-inclusive (much cheaper than Dallas) but I struggle so much with my weight loss and putting in some AF days every week that I knew that the all-inclusive option was only going to be setting me up for failure. Not that I will never do an all-inclusive again, but maybe after another 20 pounds down on the scale. Anyone here live in Dallas btw? Or have been to Dallas and know some great places to visit? There are 8 arenas with public skating 2-3 times per day 7 days a week, so y'all know that I will be ice skating every day (packing my skates in my suitcase since rental skates don't make me skate my best, and people hear that you are from Canada and expect you to be steady on your blades). I would be tickled pink if someone is from the area and wants to skate with me : - )
    September 16 - AF
    September 17 - Tuesday. 3 drinks over quite a space of time. I was one and a half drinks in when a friend that lives far away called me, so I put that drink in the freezer lol. Talked for 2 hours, then made something to eat and had the rest of that one and another one. My Tuesdays really are too much. I worked 14 hours, and it was stressful. Still using booze as a sedative from time to time. So far not every Tuesday, but I have sort of designated Tuesdays as the days that I will have a few drinks.
    September 18 - AF
    September 19 - AF - that was a tough long day then a friend came by to take me out for an early birthday drink, but I declined. Bonus skating in the morning that I don't want to be wobbly for, and planned drinks tomorrow.
    September 20 - Martini, champagne, 3 other drinks.
    Sept 21 - AF
    Sept 22 - AF - I leave for Spokane tomorrow, then fly out of there to Dallas the next morning. I am not sure how I will do while away, but I don't plan on limiting myself too much. Definitely going to try Texas bbq! I have never had Brisket. I will be happy if I can accomplish 18 AF days for the month, so shooting for that. I will be checking in for sure.
    September 23 - AF - in Spokane, flying out to Dallas in the morning 24th.
    September 24 - 1/2 bottle of wine (2 6oz glasses). Very long traveling day, hardly any food, got lost in Dallas trying to find my motel...got there, went to the grocery store for some food and wine. Now I have a half bottle sitting there.
    September 25 - Well, I stared at that half bottle of wine and delayed and delayed. I went into the pool hot tub after dark without taking a glass with me even though I wanted to. I was doing well...but caved. I know that 2 days in a row leads to 3 days in a row and 4 days in a row etc. Still drinking way less than I would if I had gone to an all inclusive. Wine is not my drink of choice normally. Tomorrow night (and Saturday night) I am going to an NHL hockey game. Under my calorie limit the last few days, so that is good. In a bathing suit every day, so shouldn't be drinking because of the bloat. Whatever, I am on vacation, not going to go crazy though. Hoping to squeeze at least a couple more AF days in before the end of the month.
    September 26 - The NHL hockey game was so great, other than getting lost on foot afterward in the dark in downtown Dallas. I opted to take transit park n ride instead of my rental car because I didn't want to have to park so far away and walking at night by myself in downtown. Lol. Anyway, I finally found the way to the bus stop after asking people. then, the bus didn't seem to be arriving after 45 minutes and I feared that they had stopped running for the night. Then I saw a sign with a phone number for "DART" and there was one scheduled. It came in awhile and I was very glad to be on a bus safe, and got back to the park n ride 40 minutes later. Yep, stopped at Kroger and bought more wine. Had 2 glasses. Yes, drinking less, but another day not AF.

Running total: 14 AF days out of 26days so far