September 2019 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 6,104 Member
    Options
    Great race @7lenny7 ! Seems like I've heard of a song that says "Two out of three ain't bad." :wink:
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    WEll done @7lenny7!
  • Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    Congratulations, @7lenny7!!
  • Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,445 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the 5K AG win @7lenny7!
  • 7lenny7
    7lenny7 Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    To put my age group win in perspective, there were only 72 people in the race, of which only 39 had times under 40 minutes.

That's the smallest this race has ever been. I do hope they can get the numbers up. It's for such a great cause and the girl who organizes it is truly a special person. I think at the peak there were 125.

• autumnblade75
    autumnblade75 Posts: 1,661 Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    7lenny7 wrote: »
    To put my age group win in perspective, there were only 72 people in the race, of which only 39 had times under 40 minutes.

That's the smallest this race has ever been. I do hope they can get the numbers up. It's for such a great cause and the girl who organizes it is truly a special person. I think at the peak there were 125.

If I were talking to a group of runners and trying to advertise for a race I felt was a good cause and needed more participants, I think I would mention the name of the race, and a general geographic location, like what country you're even in.

I tried to creep your profile to find a location, but it's not even public.

Now I gotta come in here and ASK. Where do you live? What race was this?

Edited to add:
    And then I go and scroll back to see I missed the photo that answers: http://www.andersonraces.com/new-events/2019/9/7/outrun-homelessness-5k-runwalk

It's a little far for me, but I love me a small race.