Options

Replies

• shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,410 Member
    Options
    mbaker566 wrote: »
    Scott6255 wrote: »
    shanaber wrote: »
    Yes it looks like we have a 'disagree' button but also looks like all of the post controls, formatting and other functions are gone at least for me. No ability to post a picture or format the strike through on my completed races... What's up with that MFP?

All the formatting and usual functions are there if you use MFP in a web browser. Not sure about in the MFP app.

ETA: Yes, just check my MFP app....all controls are there too. Not sure what you are seeing @shanaber. Maybe my app isn't updated yet?? But I have the Disagree button, so I guess it is ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

i've been able to do all of it on the android app

You guys talking about these?
    2uiu23o6eth2.jpg
    They seem to be working for me, too... but maybe they were down briefly when you posted. I like the disagree button. Now one of you needs to post your opinion about hot dog condiments so I can use it!

Yep that is what I am talking about. I am on the Mac Safari browser and not seeing any of the controls even after refreshing. Hmmm... must be something with my browser.
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    JMNagain wrote: »
    @PastorVincent that looks like a great park for running! Love a run along a river. And the floating tiki bar looks fun as well.

Apparently, it is a BYOB bar, but you can reserve it and they sail out onto the river. Not sure I understand the concept of a BYOB bar, but there it is. :)

I probably will run there at least sometimes. Got more lunch exploring to do first though. :)
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    7lenny7 wrote: »
    7lenny7 wrote: »
    @MNLittleFinn is at the halfway point in his race and solidly in the middle of the pack.

51.2 miles
    14h:32m
    129th place out of 229 remaining.
    22 runners have already dropped out.

Now he has the great challenge of traversing the highly technical trail through the night.

The first place runner has gone 78 miles in the same amount of time.. Wow!

He made it through the night!

At 5:14 am he crossed the 77.9 mile checkpoint and was in 48th place out of 210! 22 hours and counting on the trial.

I see him 41st place at the same point in the race. They must have updated it. That kid sure made some huge progress through the night!

ETA: Depending on where I look, he's in 41st, 44th, or 49th place. The status seem to be a bit fluid as the updates come in. Regardless, he's killin' it!

Definitely!!! Beast mode for sure!
  • Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    9-1 4k recovery
    9-2 7k easy
    9-3 6k easy
    9-4 rest
    9-5 7k moderate
    9-6 rest
    9-7 7k moderate

September Total: 31k
    September Goal: 135k

January Total: 131k
    February Total: 159.5k
    March Total: 183k
    April Total: 126k
    May Total: 128k
    June Total: 161.5k
    July Total: 151k
    August Total: 133k

Monthly average: 146.6k

Next year when you pop in here claiming your December 2019 mileage, what accomplishments will you have made?
    Run at least 4 5k races.
    Get under 30:00 and a PR for 5k.
    Average at least 135k per month, which would put me over 1,000 miles for the year.

Run the Year Team: Five for Nineteen

Cloudy and cool today. Even managed to beat the raindrops home.
    Learned something to be filed under BFO (that's Blinding Flash of the Obvious): Riding in a golf cart for 18 holes is a lot easier on the legs than walking and dragging clubs around for 9 holes. Duh...

...and the other BFO? New shoes can really cure a lot of niggles.

@7lenny7: That's a great observation and my enduring challenge. I appear to be unwilling or unable to pay that price so far this year, and I think I have one more race to find the courage (and the speed) to make it happen.

2019 Races:

4-13 Shine the Light 5K - 31:12 chip time; First Place male 65 and older
    6-30 Strides for Starfish 5K - 31:34 chip time; 31/77 overall; second male 65 and older (no official category)
    7-27 Solon Home Days 5K - 31:11 chip time; 95/141 overall; 4/6 age group (male)
    8-31 Race for Freedom 5k - 31:39 chip time; 32:00 Garmin time; Third Place male 60 and older
    9-14 Gift of Life 5k - off the schedule; insufficient recovery time
    10-13 Haunted Hustle 5k
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 6,104 Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    @Lazy_Bones_85 That's a lot of steps! WTG! Enjoy your trip to London.

@PastorVincent Nice pictures!

@JMNagain Laughed out out at ".....and didn't see lots of colleagues that i don't like." There's usualy an upside to things that don't seem to go our way. Sorry you missed the race though.

@7lenny7 Good luck with your 5K! I'm sure you will kill it!