September 2019 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
    Options
    @PastorVincent whoop whoop! Go you!

@rheddmobile I'm so glad we don't have snakes. *shudder*

For me, well I've managed to get back to regular exercising. I've 2 weeks of my 8 week plan fully - well I've occasionally swapped a cardio in front of the TV session for a run instead but I count that as done. I'm getting most of my running form back and have found the fun again!

BUT my eating sux. I'll do really well for a couple of days, then "binge". I've only lost 600 grams (about 1.5lb) in 2 weeks. That sounds good in theory but the first couple of weeks of a plan after a long hiatus is usually a couple of kg loss due to water weight. So I get down. Technically I'm eating at maintenance atm. Sigh where is @mobycarp when you need him. Times like this I miss him so much.

Oh well, now the exercise is pretty much sorted, I can start getting the eating under control.
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    Avidkeo wrote: »
    Oh and for my financial situation, I've decided to split the difference. See if I can get a decent road bike for around $300, spend $100 on accessories (helmet, lights, i already have a bike lock, what else would I need?) and put the remaining on the debt. We are coming into summer, and the kids are loving getting out on their bikes, and I want to be with them.
    Not bothering with updating the watch. I'll pay off the debt, then if I really get into cycling, I'll save and upgrade later. That's what I did with the running (went from a cheap fitbit to a garmin, best move ever)

This sounds like a very reasonable choice. 👍
  • AlphaHowls
    AlphaHowls Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    Tramboman wrote: »
    AlphaHowls wrote: »

@AlphaHowls great to see you are getting more miles again. Good luck with your half tomorrow!

So much happier when I can spend more time out there just running...

Glad your dewclaw is better.
    ^dewclaws up^
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    AlphaHowls wrote: »

@AlphaHowls great to see you are getting more miles again. Good luck with your half tomorrow!

So much happier when I can spend more time out there just running...

YAY!
  • martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,063 Member
    Options
    This morning's run went better than I expected. But I didn't sleep well because my parents have a Cuckoo Clock. And the Cuckoo Cuckoos. EVERY THIRTY MINUTES!!

Haha! This reminds me of visiting my great-grandparents when I was a kid. My great-grandfather built clocks and they had several throughout the house. Small cuckoo clocks up to a massive grandfather clock with a loooong chime sequence on the hours. So, of course you were woken every hour to a cacophony of clock chimes and cuckoos every hour. All. Night. Long.
  • Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    Options
    This morning's run went better than I expected. But I didn't sleep well because my parents have a Cuckoo Clock. And the Cuckoo Cuckoos. EVERY THIRTY MINUTES!!

Haha! This reminds me of visiting my great-grandparents when I was a kid. My great-grandfather built clocks and they had several throughout the house. Small cuckoo clocks up to a massive grandfather clock with a loooong chime sequence on the hours. So, of course you were woken every hour to a cacophony of clock chimes and cuckoos every hour. All. Night. Long.

...and you loved it!!!!
  • MegaMooseEsq
    MegaMooseEsq Posts: 3,118 Member
    Options
    I slept in a few times this week and ended up missing a run, but at least partially made it up with back-to-back runs to the gym yesterday and today. Today I ran the direct route (1.62 miles) but yesterday I took a longer route around the back of one of the lakes for 3.47 miles. Great workouts at the gym both days, too.

I’ve been going back and forth on feeling ready for the TMC weekend races next week (SO SOON!). I’d definitely have preferred my mileage to be higher, but there’s nothing I can do about that now. Tomorrow I’m planning on an 8-10 mile run. I really enjoy that distance and haven’t been able to run it more than a couple of times this year, so I’m hoping that goes well and I can really take advantage of the beautiful fall weather. 52F and sunny this morning, which I call just about perfect.

ALSO! Not running related question: my husband has to go in for a colonoscopy on Monday. I swear I remember a conversation here ages about about how to make the prep more tolerable. Whether I’m remembering right or not, anyone have any tips?

September Total: 31.79 miles

September Goals: Run 50 miles, lift minimum 2x/week, 15 minutes/day of moderate cardio, 15 minutes/day of mobility.

2019 Races! (bold registered)

January 26: Securian 10K, St. Paul, MN Chip time: 1:05:07
    February 16: Half Fast 10K DNS - weather
    March 23: Hot Dash 5K, Mpls, MN Chip time: 0:28:39 (*PR!)
    May 19: Women Run the Cities 5K, Mpls, MN Chip time: 0:33:02
    June 8: PHRC Pensieve 10K (virtual)
    June 12: ESTRS French 5K, Plymouth, MN
    DNS - injury
    June 29 Lift Bridge 5K, Bayport MN Chip time: 0:32:51
    August 3: Beat the Blerch 10K, Carnation, WA
    September 2: MDRA Victory Labor Day 5K, Mpls, MN
    Chip time: 0:33:04
    September 8: Sioux Falls Half Marathon, Sioux Falls, SD Chip time: 2:47:13 (in memory of @MobyCarp)
    October 5: TCM 10K, St. Paul, MN
    October 6: TCM 10Mi, Minneapolis to St. Paul, MN

October 13: Loopet Loppet (5 mile pacer)
    November 28: Turkey Trot St. Paul 10K, St. Paul, MN
    December 14: Reindeer Run 10K, Mpls, MN