What type of cheese do you guys eat?

Options
124»

Replies

• sokkache
    sokkache Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Smoked Cheese. I like smoked gouda but apple-wood smoked cheddar just takes my heart.
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,041 Member
    Options
    any.
    i have yet to meet a cheese i didn't like or will not eat. it is the most perfect food.

but if you want to zest up a grilled cheese, try provolone with some basil and tomatoes.
  • Eastern_Echo23
    Eastern_Echo23 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I dunno about you but i think america cheese is ****... its not even cheese its like rubber! I use to like sharp cheddar, colby jack, pepperjack, or swiss but cant get those here. So now i eat Gouda, Emmentaler, Bütterkäse, or Camembert. I think you can get those at the stores like Trader Joes. But warning, "Good Cheese" comes with a price, you can't have that good ole' cheese taste without the fat and calories. If I were you though and your not picky about having the fanciest of cheeses, go get some Pepperjack or Swiss
  • Hannah_Hopes
    Hannah_Hopes Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I don't eat a lot of cheese, but when I do, it's the stinky kind!

For a grilled cheese, good ol' cheddar, mild or old, slices of brie with a slice of ham and a few leaves of baby spinach or green apple slices would be nice. Havarti slice might not be a bad choice either.

Mm brie ham and spinach thank you I am going to have to try that! :bigsmile:
  • redheaddee
    redheaddee Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    Eat all the cheeses.
  • SuperSexyDork
    SuperSexyDork Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    For yummy grilled sandwich purposes, fry a couple pieces of bacon put between 2 slices of bread with 2 slices of provolone, thinly sliced avocado and thinly sliced tomatoes. Fry in the same pan used for the bacon.

I'm a big fan of eating all the cheeses (real cheese, not processed, pasteurized cheese product) but my favorites are:

Aged parmesan
    Havarti
    Feta
    Flavored goat cheeses
  • leaellenj
    Options
    ALL OF THE CHEESES

This.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Hey, ive been craving grilled cheese lately do you guys have any recommendations on what kind of cheese I should use? I have 35 calorie bread and light butter I just need cheese haha :)
    Cabot extra sharp cheddar. Yum.
  • youngdreamer
    youngdreamer Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Babybel! Great for grilled cheese! nomnom~
  • climbamnt
    climbamnt Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Spread a laughing cow wedge on the slices first, and then add another type. Sharp Cheddar would be good.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    I like to do a slice of American, Cheddar or Velveeta (yeah, I know it ain't cheese) and a couple thin slices of salami. Mmm.
  • chelledawg14
    chelledawg14 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    I use 2% American cheeses slices, preferably Kraft. I also use Pam Butter spray on the bread instead of the light butter, that saves me calories so I can have two grilled cheese with 1.5 slices of cheese on each.. then dipped into tomato soup. yum!
  • JenAndSome
    JenAndSome Posts: 1,908 Member
    Options
    Cheddar, Mozzarella, Bleu, Dubliner, Havarti, Gruyere, American, Provolone, Pepperjack, Colby, and f-ing nacho. I eat all the cheeses! However for a grilled cheese I usually do a pepperjack/American duo.
  • missdibs1
    missdibs1 Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Hey, ive been craving grilled cheese lately do you guys have any recommendations on what kind of cheese I should use? I have 35 calorie bread and light butter I just need cheese haha :)

I recommend that you make them how you like them. I use velveeta. I love cheese and will not give it up.

Enjoy your treat!
  • pastabelly
    pastabelly Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I use Borden's fat free pepperjack cheese. Its only 30 calories and melts really well. :) Just had grilled cheese a few days ago myself. yummy
  • JLN1974
    JLN1974 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Low fat or mild cheeses are just wrong. For cheese on toast it has to be a vintage mature cheddar or the like, I will occasionally use mature for cooking, but to eat it has to be extra mature or vintage. Pilgrims Choice or any vintage Somerset cheddar.
    Otherwise Stilton, Bleu d'Auvergne, Roquefort, Saint Agur, Brie, Camembert, Piéd'Angloys, Castello...

Cheese is my weakness so I have it very sparingly at the moment ;)
  • shazzannon
    shazzannon Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    ALL OF THE CHEESES

+1000 likes. I never met a cheese I didn't like. I have 6 different cheeses in my fridge right now. Which is probably why I'm here
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    ALL THE CHEESE! It puts me in my happy place.
  • trojanjoy
    Options
    Read "it starts with food" - it changed the way i will think about food for forever. enjoy your grilled cheese