Calorie Counter

Message Boards Success Stories
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

My Turn to Overshare My Adventure

Replies

• caseydimplescaseydimples Member, Premium Posts: 111 Member Member, Premium Posts: 111 Member
    I've read your post before and now am reading your update. Thank you so much for sharing. I love your story and your words. Really appreciate you as I can't express how motivating your story is. I love hearing where you came from and where you are. You look amazing, BTW!
    I've struggled over the years, I mean who hasn't, but really enjoy MFP and people like you who share their success. It really helps motivate me and feel like I can do it too. Congrats and thank you!
  • weatherking2019weatherking2019 Member Posts: 846 Member Member Posts: 846 Member
  • Anahita4444Anahita4444 Member Posts: 81 Member Member Posts: 81 Member
    Wow! What an amazing transformation! I love the training outfit, too!

Fair play to you! You're an inspiration!
  • AnnPT77AnnPT77 Member, Premium Posts: 16,456 Member Member, Premium Posts: 16,456 Member
    Pretty sure I've said this of you before, but: You rock. And then you rock on. Excellent! :flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • L010L010 Member Posts: 139 Member Member Posts: 139 Member
    Amazing ! You are an inspiration.
    If you don't mind, may I ask you - How long did it take you to loose last 20 pounds. During that time, how much was you net calorie intake (total calories-calories from workout) .
    edited April 14
  • kickingitupkickingitup Member Posts: 38 Member Member Posts: 38 Member
    Thank you so much for sharing. I am starting over again for the 100th time. This time around i think I will definitely invest in a PT.
  • kickingitupkickingitup Member Posts: 38 Member Member Posts: 38 Member
    Also, way to go!!!! You look amazing!!!!!
  • janstewart62janstewart62 Member Posts: 75 Member Member Posts: 75 Member
  • PAV8888PAV8888 Member Posts: 7,485 Member Member Posts: 7,485 Member
    Well....

Just wow!

:smiley:

lovely leggings, by the way :)
  • Kathikay54Kathikay54 Member, Premium Posts: 3 Member Member, Premium Posts: 3 Member
    You are an inspiration!
  • vickywatkinson03vickywatkinson03 Member, Premium Posts: 2 Member Member, Premium Posts: 2 Member
    Amazing story and huge congratulations! Xxx
  • lisajamesmaclisajamesmac Member Posts: 31 Member Member Posts: 31 Member
    You look fantastic
  • springlering62springlering62 Member, Premium Posts: 1,388 Member Member, Premium Posts: 1,388 Member
    L010 wrote: »
    Amazing ! You are an inspiration.
    If you don't mind, may I ask you - How long did it take you to loose last 20 pounds. During that time, how much was you net calorie intake (total calories-calories from workout) .

It took me eight months to lose the first 68 pounds.

But I gained about ten pounds back on each of two extended trips. The next 20 (well, I guess you could say “40”?!) have taken nearly a year. The first time, the vacation weight easily came off within weeks. The second time, it did not, so I’m determined not to do that again.

I’ve spent most the past eight months at 2070 per day. This appears to be close to maintenance for me.

I’ve never eaten back exercise calories because I find a fixed number easier to keep up with.

I did increase to 2300 in February for recomp purposes, but cut back to 1900 when shelter at home started, to avoid gaining again. I’ve dropped slightly below my weight goal during shelter and am experimenting with raising it again. It’s a constant process of tweaking.

YMMV, depending on your own activity level. My aim during lockdown is to close my Apple “Move” circle (set at 300) at least three times.
  • nhaynie228nhaynie228 Member Posts: 10 Member Member Posts: 10 Member
    Your story is so inspiring! Thank you for sharing it with us!
  • springlering62springlering62 Member, Premium Posts: 1,388 Member Member, Premium Posts: 1,388 Member
    That you would wake up in the middle of the night, and realize that when you placed the order for exercise tanks, you had automatically ordered your “old” size.

WTF, brain?
    edited May 5
  • Sand_TIgerSand_TIger Member Posts: 318 Member Member Posts: 318 Member
    You are amazing - and I love seeing how happy you are. What a journey!
  • AnnPT77AnnPT77 Member, Premium Posts: 16,456 Member Member, Premium Posts: 16,456 Member
    Thank you for (not-over) sharing! You've lost a good lot of weight - more than I - and I think you look wonderful. I can think of few 58 year old women in my life whose bodies look that good. And those arms, woman - especially in your bonzer-good bench press PR photo, and hugging your trainer . . . you look so strong, just excellent!

I think that's so useful, that you're willing to be real. I still - as I said on the other thread - think that "the real", even the less perfect parts, are not as extreme as what many women are expecting, at the start or part way through weight loss, even at the beginning of maintenance.

I'd bet you're finding - or will find, if it hasn't come up yet - that people who meet you for the first time now will have difficulty believing - will show visible surprise if/as they learn - that you were materially overweight for years, and have so recently lost weight, and have so recently pursued enhanced fitness. So many forces, cultural and personal, try to set low expectations for us, as women (people) of a certain age. We don't need to live down to those expectations, and you haven't. Good show!

P.S. The ribcage thing: Me, too. I don't know whether it's weight related, or just a strange self-image thing since I'm used to the stuff below the ribcage being so much bigger than the ribcage.. It's not like I can study other never-fat women's ribcages as they relax/slump, suck-in, etc. 😆🤷‍♀️

ETA: BTW, congrats on the great anniversary!
    edited September 12
  • ggeise14ggeise14 Member Posts: 301 Member Member Posts: 301 Member
    Thanks for sharing and way to go!