My Turn to Overshare My Adventure

Replies

• charmmeth
    charmmeth Posts: 936 Member
    Thank you for sharing! I think you look pretty amazing in the photos before as well as after; you have (I find) a great dress/style sense. I am 56 and working my way down to 75kg with the intention of staying there this time, so am trying to find a sustainable balance of exercise that I can keep up, bascially forever, wherever I am. It looks like you have this, which is really inspiring.
    BTW i am in Germany at present and quite agree that the delicious breads and other bakery treats are a real challenge to keeping the calories under control. Today I have not managed at all, so will need to do some rowing after supper.. Fortunately, tomorrow is a new week!
  • 1poundatax
    1poundatax Posts: 228 Member
    Thank you for sharing your inspirational story! I needed to hear it today. You look amazing.
  • AshHeartsJesus
    AshHeartsJesus Posts: 460 Member
    Thanks for sharing! And I totally want your outfit 😎
  • Daisy_Girl2019
    Daisy_Girl2019 Posts: 209 Member
    What a beautiful transformation - mind, body and soul. Thank you for sharing and inspiring us.
  • ddavenport6962
    ddavenport6962 Posts: 17 Member
    You look amazing - i am 57 too and i would love to look like ur looking right now - fabulous !!!
    Thanx for sharing your journey it has been realy inspiring 😄😄😄
  • LINIA
    LINIA Posts: 1,045 Member
    Love the sparkly and shiny workout attire and you really do get the job done ✅ Hope today is a sunny & pretty start to your weekend!
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    @JeanneTops I could be mistaken but I think it was @springlering62 who said it on this forum relating it to us, the 10 lb thing. B)
  • IronIsMyTherapy
    IronIsMyTherapy Posts: 482 Member
    Wow, that's awesome. You deserved every minute of the "overshare" mic and stage.

That's truly inspiring. 👏🏼
  • lizh9
    lizh9 Posts: 12 Member
    You look fantastic! Thank you for writing this post!
  • TiredMom2021
    TiredMom2021 Posts: 25 Member
    edited March 2021
    @springlering62 I see your posts in a number of forums and I'm always impressed and inspired! (I showed my husband one not long ago...I think it's in the "Halp...Heavy Lifting" thread and he said, "look at those guns!")

Anyway, I was needing some inspiration and had already read through the current couple of pages of Success Stories so I just skipped to random pages and read - how fun to read your story after seeing bits and pieces in other threads.

So, let me say: WELL DONE!

And thank you for sharing. I am 53 and, while not retired (I still have 3 youngsters at home), I have a lot more time to focus on my own fitness lately and I am SO seeing how beneficial it would have been (for my whole family) if I had prioritized this years ago. I'm so glad you've shared your inspiring story!
  • Janatki
    Janatki Posts: 730 Member
    Inspiring!
  • NVintage
    NVintage Posts: 1,463 Member
    Me too! I think exercise is the one thing that I am seeing in common with most people that maintain weight loss. Also, I am trying to find if there's any difference in focusing on healthier eating habits rather than eating the same foods, but restricting calories...
    JeanneTops wrote: »
    Thank you (and @annptt77) for sharing this. As great as all your achievements are, I have to say that what I find most inspiring, are the times when you gained some weight back and then stopped regaining and re-lost the weight. That is a story very few people can ever tell and certainly not one I have ever been able to. In my opinion, stopping weight regain is the hardest thing of all to do. Weight loss, once you're on a roll, seems easy in comparison. Stopping weight regain is an enormous fight with your own negative thinking, your own guilt and self-disappointment and your own pessimism. Weight regain is what I fear the most - more than wrinkled or loose skin. And I've done it plenty of times. I would love to hear how you handled it.

• Spotteddingo
    Spotteddingo Posts: 95 Member
    Thank you for sharing. It is good to read the good and the not so of your journey and the pics are great! Very inspiring.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!