Flavors of Childhood?

Replies

• NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    edited April 2020
    Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...
    Fried Bologna Sammiches & homemade french fries ( we used to makes fries with either crisco, peanut oil, coconut oil or lard or really old grease from on top of the stove and would drench them in hot sauce and ketchup). I so remember my first time having fried balogna sandwich. It was over a new friends house and she was preparing lunch and her mother asked me if I wanted one ( I was about 8 years old or so). It looked so strange and smelled kinda funny. We didn't fry our balogna--never heard of that...IT WAS SOOO GOOD and I've loved them ever since!

piciiMow7.jpg

Homemade-French-Fries.-.jpg
    fries2-735x577.jpg
    800x400-Condiments-HotSauce-Ketchup-ombnrpm56jfjoh7noqo8lr3buvwdb9q63bdtz57o9s.jpg

We also always had some ham around...I wasn't crazy about it--but I ate a LOT of ham and grilled ham and cheese like this growing up. I would usually have some hot potato chips and a piece of fruit with it.

Country-Ham-n-Apple-Sandwiches-22309_640x428.jpg

grilled-ham-and-cheese-sandwich-fp-400x400-c.jpg

We used to have a bakery outta this world that we shopped at a lot. They had these glazed donuts and strawberry short cakes that was....SOOOOOOOOOOOOO YUMMMMMMMMMMMY!

Old-fashioned-Donuts-25.jpg
    cGuQZW6DGxKzjqkaKVkOpZvhb-kpXBnurIecggYNXAFUbuwiHbdCIGCvGUH-AON9c1TArWQu-FEkncspeTmv2Lhy-103T7dOHKfPIE8z=w600-l68

08mutqn5ktjz.png

• ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    I used to have tuna salad sandwiches and stuff potato chips in them. :)
  • whitpauly
    whitpauly Posts: 1,483 Member
    jdkbutknahz9.jpg
    9wx8hxlxplvb.jpg
    jsqc93fna1kp.png

I still eat pizza rolls😆
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    whitpauly wrote: »
    jdkbutknahz9.jpg
    9wx8hxlxplvb.jpg
    jsqc93fna1kp.png

I still eat pizza rolls😆

now I'm tempted...
  • pancakerunner
    a54i8im6s41w.jpg
    vt1ty6f3f3oy.jpg
    eoikbjtxr56b.jpg

holy crap... anyone else vividly remember these???
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    a54i8im6s41w.jpg
    vt1ty6f3f3oy.jpg
    eoikbjtxr56b.jpg

holy crap... anyone else vividly remember these???

Omg YESSSSSSSS
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...
    Fried Bologna Sammiches & homemade french fries ( we used to makes fries with either crisco, peanut oil, coconut oil or lard or really old grease from on top of the stove and would drench them in hot sauce and ketchup). I so remember my first time having fried balogna sandwich. It was over a new friends house and she was preparing lunch and her mother asked me if I wanted one ( I was about 8 years old or so). It looked so strange and smelled kinda funny. We didn't fry our balogna--never heard of that...IT WAS SOOO GOOD and I've loved them ever since!

piciiMow7.jpg

fries2-735x577.jpg
    800x400-Condiments-HotSauce-Ketchup-ombnrpm56jfjoh7noqo8lr3buvwdb9q63bdtz57o9s.jpg

We also always had some ham around...I wasn't crazy about it--but I ate a LOT of ham and grilled ham and cheese like this growing up. I would usually have some hot potato chips and a piece of fruit with it.

We used to have a bakery outta this world that we shopped at a lot. They had these glazed donuts and strawberry short cakes that was....SOOOOOOOOOOOOO YUMMMMMMMMMMMY!

cGuQZW6DGxKzjqkaKVkOpZvhb-kpXBnurIecggYNXAFUbuwiHbdCIGCvGUH-AON9c1TArWQu-FEkncspeTmv2Lhy-103T7dOHKfPIE8z=w600-l68

08mutqn5ktjz.png

For me it was fried salami with mustard on white bread mmmmmm so good. It sounds good right now lol. We used to make our own fries in the microwave from potatoes too.
  • pancakerunner
    Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...

piciiMow7.jpg

fries2-735x577.jpg

08mutqn5ktjz.png

For me it was fried salami with mustard on white bread mmmmmm so good. It sounds good right now lol. We used to make our own fries in the microwave from potatoes too.

homemade fries with potatoes on the cast iron skillet was a staple for me!
  • pancakerunner
    ck5mzwdok3ft.jpg

weird craving for these...
  • pancakerunner
    y5823zxcmjr2.png

these are still bomb.com
  • I miss my Filipino grandmother's cooking. Especially lumpia, adobo and the kare-kare!
  • ...and, pancit! :p
  • SuzySunshine99
    SuzySunshine99 Posts: 2,983 Member
    Sounds gross to me now, but...I went through a phase around 3rd grade when I liked bologna, ketchup, and lettuce sandwiches.

One day, my mom told me we were out of bologna and she was going to make me a PB&J instead.
    I LOUDLY protested and said I still wanted the ketchup and lettuce on a sandwich, even without bologna.
    I ended up liking it BETTER without the bologna and went a whole school year eating lettuce and ketchup on white bread.

My mother HATED it, because she thought people would think we were poor.
  • pancakerunner
    Sounds gross to me now, but...I went through a phase around 3rd grade when I liked bologna, ketchup, and lettuce sandwiches.

One day, my mom told me we were out of bologna and she was going to make me a PB&J instead.
    I LOUDLY protested and said I still wanted the ketchup and lettuce on a sandwich, even without bologna.
    I ended up liking it BETTER without the bologna and went a whole school year eating lettuce and ketchup on white bread.

My mother HATED it, because she thought people would think we were poor.

I'm sorry, but that sounds so gross haha
  • pancakerunner
    8ey6nxmlea13.jpg

milk toast... want!!!
  • so_cal_fit70
    so_cal_fit70 Posts: 250 Member
    You mean that rice I can’t eat because of the carbs? :neutral:
  • pancakerunner
    lz0fm2k6kdy2.jpg

the memories...