Calorie Counter

You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Flavors of Childhood?

Replies

• pancakerunnerpancakerunner Posts: 2,931Member Member Posts: 2,931Member Member
    When I was a child, everyone loved root beer floats...not me, I really loved:

ginger-ale-float.jpg
    Ginger-Ale floats!

Another favorite of childhood of mine was sherberts:
    rainbow sherbet:
    rainbow_sherbet_fo_small.jpg

Lime sherbet:
    exps49523_SE866896D23A.jpg

orange sherbet:
    orangesherb.jpeg

Oh yes! Sherbert is my childhood! Lime in particular. Reminds me of when i got my tonsils removed haha
  • Sand_TIgerSand_TIger Posts: 126Member Member Posts: 126Member Member
    I have a few favorites from when I was a kid - tuna noodle casserole. My mom's meat pie. Blackberry cobbler made with blackberries I'd picked from the massive bushes on the side of the road. Thimbleberries and salmonberries. And my mom knew how to fry an egg like no other - all crispy on the edges and soft in the yolk. It was the best when we used to save our own bacon and meat grease in a can by the stove. She was pretty good with whole wheat pancakes too.
    edited March 14
  • 777Gemma888777Gemma888 Posts: 9,460Member Member Posts: 9,460Member Member
    Sand_TIger wrote: »
    I have a few favorites from when I was a kid - tuna noodle casserole. My mom's meat pie. Blackberry cobbler made with blackberries I'd picked from the massive bushes on the side of the road. Thimbleberries and salmonberries. And my mom knew how to fry an egg like no other - all crispy on the edges and soft in the yolk. It was the best when we used to save our own bacon and meat grease in a can by the stove. She was pretty good with whole wheat pancakes too.

I just got jealous of your childhood. Salmonberry pies with dollops of cream ( my sister k8eekins would add custard to it too with cream on top) ... Thimbleberry jam ... Omg!
    edited March 14
  • pancakerunnerpancakerunner Posts: 2,931Member Member Posts: 2,931Member Member
    Sand_TIger wrote: »

Thimbleberries! Yes!! Very common where I'm from
  • 777Gemma888777Gemma888 Posts: 9,460Member Member Posts: 9,460Member Member
    outjbvd3sotf.jpg

Mine - Gherkins and babybel cheese. Mid morning snack at school.
    wpr2gqyb2n2l.jpg

waffle wednesday!
  • kelly_c_77kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,606Member Member Posts: 5,606Member Member
    outjbvd3sotf.jpg
    I agree with a lot in this thread, but THIS was an absolute favorite of mine!!!!
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    outjbvd3sotf.jpg
    I agree with a lot in this thread, but THIS was an absolute favorite of mine!!!!

Same!! Usually with french fries or steamed broccoli
  • midlomel1971midlomel1971 Posts: 1,203Member Member Posts: 1,203Member Member

Oh yes! Sherbert is my childhood! Lime in particular. Reminds me of when i got my tonsils removed haha

YESSSS! I love Rainbow Sherbert SO MUCH! I still buy it occasionally.

• midlomel1971midlomel1971 Posts: 1,203Member Member Posts: 1,203Member Member
    40p38was3ne9.png

My husband bought one of these 4 days ago and we gobbled it up. That will be one of my kids favorites for sure.
    40p38was3ne9.png

My husband bought one of these 4 days ago and we gobbled it up. That will be one of my kids favorites for sure.

Reminds me of swim practice growing up... we'd get them after and eat in the car on the ride home. Ahh... nostalgia. Haven't had in forever. Love that they are individual portions!
  • Noreenmarie1234Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 4,929Member Member Posts: 4,929Member Member
    40p38was3ne9.png

Reminds me of swim practice growing up... we'd get them after and eat in the car on the ride home. Ahh... nostalgia. Haven't had in forever. Love that they are individual portions!

For me it was the Burger King apple pies after track practice hahah. Mmmmmm childhood.
    40p38was3ne9.png

For me it was the Burger King apple pies after track practice hahah. Mmmmmm childhood.

McDonalds apple pie was an after Cub Scouts thing :p