VegjoyP Posts: 2,693 Member
    Cranberry from the can

I love(d) that stuff! Lol
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    fij0eej3v77e.png
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,553 Member
    I made tourtiere today. Haven't had it since I was a kid in Canada. Making it in individual ramekins cuts down on the pie crust needed. I used to eat this with ketchup but made an apple, onion and tomato chutney which has a similar flavour profile but more texture.
    4zqubespe5l8.jpeg

• pancakerunner
    acpgee wrote: »
    I made tourtiere today. Haven't had it since I was a kid in Canada. Making it in individual ramekins cuts down on the pie crust needed. I used to eat this with ketchup but made an apple, onion and tomato chutney which has a similar flavour profile but more texture.
    4zqubespe5l8.jpeg

that salad looks incredible
  • pancakerunner
    graham crackers and country crock :)
  • PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member
    ^^I remember Country Crock too...roczzmhjt04c.png
  • VegjoyP
    PAPYRUS3 wrote: »

Same! Wow memories!!!
  • VegjoyP
    Matza, jelly and margarine or butter!
  • pancakerunner
    PAPYRUS3 wrote: »

this container too... precisely
  • VegjoyP wrote: »
    Matza, jelly and margarine or butter!

Yes! Specifically Manishewitz with butter and salt. So good!
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    One of my favorite after school meals. I would have the whole bag to myself in a big white bowl. I hated the peas so I would eat everything besides the peas, lol.9sbefposzz27.png
  • pancakerunner
    One of my favorite after school meals. I would have the whole bag to myself in a big white bowl. I hated the peas so I would eat everything besides the peas, lol.9sbefposzz27.png

This reminds me of mine... Banquet chicken pot pie!
  • pancakerunner
    fjkobxfz63mm.png
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    I had that pot pie for lunch on Friday. lol
  • pancakerunner
    I had that pot pie for lunch on Friday. lol

i wantttttt
  • pancakerunner
    qzr97k9oqgao.png
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,572 Member
    A diss about white bread reminded me of pb&j (has to be grape j) on wonder bread.
  • pancakerunner
    glassyo wrote: »
    A diss about white bread reminded me of pb&j (has to be grape j) on wonder bread.

I used to roll white bread up into little balls lol
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,553 Member
    I watched Masterchef: The Professionals on BBC iPlayer. On the penultimate episode, the chefs were asked to cook something that brought back a childhood food memory. The guy from Essex remembered picking blackberries with his grand dad. The guy from the Netherlands remembered fishing with his dad, and the day he caught his first eel. The guy from Nepal remembered the tiffin box lunches his mother would bring to him down by the riverside. The presentor asked him what he was doing down by the riverside. Apparently. being a child labourer digging a canal.

What childhood food memories do you have? Here's mine.

I must have been less than 4 years old, because this memory was from my birthplace Taiwan and we immigrated to Canada after that. I remember being woken up in the middle of the night and being dragged downstairs, where to my surprise the house was heaving with people. I wondered whether this is what the grownups did, after I was put to bed. Someone shoved a sticky sweet rice cake into my hands. Those rice cakes called nian gao are traditionally served on New Year's Eve, and one of my parents guests must have convinced them to wake me up to see the fireworks. I am still fond of those cakes but haven't had one in many years.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    I have such a random craving for uncrustables right now. Takes me back to summer camp where I'd bring 2 every day for lunch lol.
    cuw0p6ivevif.png
    525q0pyao4tk.png