Favorite Halloween Candy?

Options

Replies

• Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    edited October 2020
    Options
    Will be making homemade nut goodies ASAP: http://www.foodandwinechickie.com/2016/01/27/nut-goodie-bars/

Omg, all my favorite things in one. Peanuts, chocolate and butterscotch. Send them to me!

LOL, it must be because I've never even seen them before. Looks like a pay day on the outside and those are one of my favorite (underrated) candy bars. Tempted to buy on amazon... might have to do it.
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    Options
    Will be making homemade nut goodies ASAP: http://www.foodandwinechickie.com/2016/01/27/nut-goodie-bars/

Omg, all my favorite things in one. Peanuts, chocolate and butterscotch. Send them to me!

LOL, it must be because I've never even seen them before. Looks like a pay day on the outside and those are one of my favorite (underrated) candy bars. Tempted to buy on amazon... might have to do it.

Actually nut goodies aren’t really butterscotchy... more maple ♥️🤗
  • o0Firekeeper0o
    o0Firekeeper0o Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Oh gosh, it’s hard to chose, but since no one’s seemed to mention it yet, one of my faves is the fruit-flavored Tootsie Rolls. I hate the normal ones (except inside Tootsie Pops) but the fruit flavored ones... I would only get a handful every year as a kid and saaavvvoorrr them lol
  • pancakerunner
    Options
    Oh gosh, it’s hard to chose, but since no one’s seemed to mention it yet, one of my faves is the fruit-flavored Tootsie Rolls. I hate the normal ones (except inside Tootsie Pops) but the fruit flavored ones... I would only get a handful every year as a kid and saaavvvoorrr them lol

I love the vanilla and the lime!!
  • pancakerunner
    Options
    lnlxgefeyyv5.png
  • o0Firekeeper0o
    Options
    lnlxgefeyyv5.png

I’m eh on the vanilla ones, but the lime ones are superior. I dunno if I’ve ever seen grape or blue raspberry!
  • pancakerunner
    Options
    lnlxgefeyyv5.png

I’m eh on the vanilla ones, but the lime ones are superior. I dunno if I’ve ever seen grape or blue raspberry!

I alos like the lemon!
  • o0Firekeeper0o
    Options
    59it9av6yq56.jpeg
    a6u5eem34xnx.jpeg
    6utg9hy46345.jpeg

CANDY CORN GANG CANDY CORN GANG
  • freda666
    freda666 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    I am glad to live in a country that does not really do Halloween so do not have to deal with the candy issue.

The shops do try to push it but it has never really taken off in a big way, in my part of the UK in any case.

But of course, in the UK, it is made up for (with bells on) by Christmas which is already in the stores.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    edited October 2020
    Options
    freda78 wrote: »
    I am glad to live in a country that does not really do Halloween so do not have to deal with the candy issue.

The shops do try to push it but it has never really taken off in a big way, in my part of the UK in any case.

But of course, in the UK, it is made up for (with bells on) by Christmas which is already in the stores.

The worst (and best? LOL) part is the after halloween sales when all the candy is like $.50-1 for an entire bag. :# So hard to resist.
  • PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member
    Options
    59it9av6yq56.jpeg
    a6u5eem34xnx.jpeg
    6utg9hy46345.jpeg

CANDY CORN GANG CANDY CORN GANG

I actually find this comical...why even bother going to the effort of consuming an organic item, when all the ingredients are nutritionally dubious! 🤣
  • pancakerunner
    Options
    freda78 wrote: »

The worst (and best? LOL) part is the after halloween sales when all the candy is like $.50-1 for an entire bag. :# So hard to resist.

I choose to stay out of the stores after any major holiday bc of this haha
  • o0Firekeeper0o
    Options
    PAPYRUS3 wrote: »
    I actually find this comical...why even bother going to the effort of consuming an organic item, when all the ingredients are nutritionally dubious! 🤣

I think it’s more about avoiding allergens than the nutritional value of the ingredients, because candy is candy. But if you or your child has a soy/gluten/food coloring/whatever sensitivity or allergy something like this can be a godsend. I actually like these a lot; they taste more like chewy nuggets of frosting than the “traditional” ones to me!
  • PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member
    Options

I think it’s more about avoiding allergens than the nutritional value of the ingredients, because candy is candy. But if you or your child has a soy/gluten/food coloring/whatever sensitivity or allergy something like this can be a godsend. I actually like these a lot; they taste more like chewy nuggets of frosting than the “traditional” ones to me!

ok - the sensitivity/allergy 'thing' I get. But Candy Corn, imho, is just awful any which way lol🙃
  • o0Firekeeper0o
    Options
    ok - the sensitivity/allergy 'thing' I get. But Candy Corn, imho, is just awful any which way lol🙃

And there we can agree to disagree, because candy corn is DELICIOUS :D
  • pancakerunner
    Options

And there we can agree to disagree, because candy corn is DELICIOUS :D

I like it... but have to be in the mood hha
  • nic_27_grassisgreener
    Options
    Reese's
    Tootsie rolls (why is everyone hating on these?? :smile: )
    Mr. Goodbar
    Kit kats

My mom brought over a big bag of Reese's the other day, proud to say I haven't opened it yet. That may be because she also brought over cheesecake and brownies.
  • pancakerunner
    Options
    Tootsie rolls are only good when you let them warm in your pocket haha
  • pancakerunner
    Options
    wnvxcuv0q2ot.png
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,592 Member
    Options
    wnvxcuv0q2ot.png

I need to print this out and stick it on my fridge. :)