Horror Movies

Options

Replies

• savannahs21
    savannahs21 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    I do find them easier to watch for some reason. I can watch up to 6 a day. Normal movies ( comedy, drama ect ) i cant. @amorfati601070
  • amorfati601070
    amorfati601070 Posts: 2,862 Member
    Options
    I do find them easier to watch for some reason. I can watch up to 6 a day. Normal movies ( comedy, drama ect ) i cant. @amorfati601070

Comedies are painful sometimes. I do enjoy some though, Black Books and South Park, some others come to mind. I’d probably rather gouge my eyes out and feed them to crows than go through the farce that is “romantic comedies”...*shudders*...maybe in my world they are the true horror movies.
  • savannahs21
    Options
    Totally agree!
  • savannahs21
    Options
    Thank you for the recommendation of patient zero. Loved it! @LyndaBSS
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    Options
    Does anyone else find horror movies oddly comforting? I can’t explain the psychology behind it properly. Some kind of catharsis for the darker aspects of life and the mind? It was also the last thing I ever spoke to my sister about...maybe that’s personal

Comforting? No.

They get my adrenaline going!

• LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Options
    I watch for the fear factor (probably adrenaline) and to see the special effects.

I remember when Hellraiser first came out. I was madly in love with Pinhead. 😂
  • thanos5
    thanos5 Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    Does anyone else find horror movies oddly comforting? I can’t explain the psychology behind it properly. Some kind of catharsis for the darker aspects of life and the mind? It was also the last thing I ever spoke to my sister about...maybe that’s personal

*raises hand*

while other people were watching game of thrones, i was looking up the latest horror movie releases on netflix. i'd rather watch an indonesian horror movie than just about any other genre.
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options

I don't think I find them comforting, but I find them more relatable and worthwhile than other genres in regards to watchability.

Sad thing is, I am more comfortable watching gore and murder scenes in film than I am watching sex scenes. Explicit sex scenes still make me extremely uncomfortable. I know, kinda messed up.
  • Reckoner68
    Reckoner68 Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    In general, my three favorite horror movies would be the original John Carpenter Halloween, Behind the Mask: The Rise of Leslie Vernon and probably Trick 'r Treat. This list also could be the first three movies that popped into my head.

Horror-comedy (if you're looking for something a bit lighter), my top three would probably be Undead, Tucker & Dale vs Evil, and maybe Zombieland.

So many great horror movies out there, though...*and* it's looking like we'll get more Joe Bob Briggs in October so that'll be fun :D
  • thanos5
    thanos5 Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    Reckoner68 wrote: »
    In general, my three favorite horror movies would be the original John Carpenter Halloween, Behind the Mask: The Rise of Leslie Vernon and probably Trick 'r Treat. This list also could be the first three movies that popped into my head.

Horror-comedy (if you're looking for something a bit lighter), my top three would probably be Undead, Tucker & Dale vs Evil, and maybe Zombieland.

So many great horror movies out there, though...*and* it's looking like we'll get more Joe Bob Briggs in October so that'll be fun :D

LOVE the bolded. about that time of year again!
  • savannahs21
    Options
    The strangers was great! @nooshi713
  • nooshi713
    Options

So scary right?

• savannahs21
    edited September 2019
    Options
    nooshi713 wrote: »

So scary right?

It was actually pretty realistic. I'm currently watching Hitcher.
  • savannahs21
    edited September 2019
    Options
    I haven't but if im able to i'll watch it. @FeelinFooFoo
  • savannahs21
    edited September 2019
    Options
    Just finished Case 39, good movie. Just in case anyone decides to watch it, there is one emotionally disturbing scene.
  • LyndaBSS
    Options

Did you guys watch the sequel, The Strangers Prey at Night? Watching now.
  • nooshi713
    Options
    LyndaBSS wrote: »

Did you guys watch the sequel, The Strangers Prey at Night? Watching now.

No.
    How is it?

• LyndaBSS
    Options
    Better than the first. Just finished. I'd definitely watch it again. 👍
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options
    13 Ghosts (2001)