Less Alcohol - OCTOBER 2019 - One Day at a Time

Options

Replies

• fitand50inSD
    fitand50inSD Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Aiming for a completely Sober October as part of the Last 90 Days Challenge.

19 out of 19 days AF
  • dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,554 Member
    Options
    October 16 - AF
    October 17 - AF
    October 18 - 1 wine, 2 drinks
    October 19 - 2 drinks. I did the "wait 6 minutes" thing 4 times, then kind of caved. However, I didn't go for the 3rd like I usually do. Bad to do 2 days in a row though. I was digging my heart out in the garden, still so much to do! The last 15 minutes of it I was like "how lovely it would be to sit in the tub with a cocktail and watch TV after this." (yes, I have a TV in my bathroom) I held out for about 1/2 an hour, and then dove in. Still not quite in the AF headspace.

Running monthly total: 6AF days out of 19 days so far.
  • dawnbgethealthy
    edited October 2019
    Options
    @MissMay
    I grew up in Eastern Canada, so have been to Maine quite a few times, but now I am in British Columbia, about 1/2 hour north of Idaho/Washington/Montana area. Still neighbours : - )
  • anglilacs
    anglilacs Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Got back this afternoon from a weekend at a cabin with no cell service. Nice to unplug for a while.

Had two drinks both nights. Yay me! Usually I go for that third drink, especially when I’m on vacation or with family.

14/20 AF days for me. It’ll be tough to get to my goal of 23 days AF but I’m going to try my best!
  • dawnbgethealthy
    Options
    October 16 - AF
    October 17 - AF
    October 18 - 1 wine, 2 drinks
    October 19 - 2 drinks. I did the "wait 6 minutes" thing 4 times, then kind of caved. However, I didn't go for the 3rd like I usually do. Bad to do 2 days in a row though. I was digging my heart out in the garden, still so much to do! The last 15 minutes of it I was like "how lovely it would be to sit in the tub with a cocktail and watch TV after this." (yes, I have a TV in my bathroom) I held out for about 1/2 an hour, and then dove in. Still not quite in the AF headspace.
    October 20 - Sip of wine and 2 drinks. Considering that I am calling Tuesday my drinks days, I had at least better be AF tomorrow!!

Running monthly total: 6AF days out of 20 days so far.
  • Womona
    Womona Posts: 1,596 Member
    Options
    @MissMay
    I grew up in Eastern Canada, so have been to Maine quite a few times, but now I am in British Columbia, about 1/2 hour north of Idaho/Washington/Montana area. Still neighbours : - )

I love BC! I used to live in Bellingham, WA and would go to Vancouver frequently. Love it up there.
  • Womona
    Womona Posts: 1,596 Member
    Options
    Good morning all, and happy Monday! 9/20 days AF so far. No drinks Fri or Sat, and only one yesterday at a party. But, it made me so tired! So did exercise, a big meal and a rainy day, but I think I would have lasted longer at yesterday’s party if I was AF.
  • dawnbgethealthy
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Womona wrote: »
    @MissMay

I love BC! I used to live in Bellingham, WA and would go to Vancouver frequently. Love it up there.

Bellingham is beautiful! And that whole Oregon coast underneath there too. One of my sisters lives in Vancouver. It is 12 hours away from me, I am in the Southeast corner of BC. It is beautiful too : - )
    What part of the country do you live in now?
  • dawnbgethealthy
    Options
    whitpauly wrote: »
    Everyone is doing well 👍 6:44 am in Vegas another 24 😍

Wow, you are doing so great! Las Vegas might prove too tempting for me to remain AF. Good for you!!!
  • jhanleybrown
    jhanleybrown Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Lapsed Saturday night (3 skinny margaritas and a glass of wine) Date night with spouse so I'm going to cut myself slack. Back to no alcohol and did 90 min spin class yesterday as "penance". Going for weight milestone in next two weeks (halfway there...) so trying to be strict about alcohol (non) consumption over next two weeks.