ducky133 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Wow that is fantastic @MissMay.
  • mamaeee16
    mamaeee16 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Ke22yB wrote: »
    Hi everyone
    I lurk here and post once in awhile. I was just in Boston for a long weekend and it caused me to reflect and I wanted to relate my thoughts here. I have been AF for over 11 years and 4 months now. When I first spent a lot of time in Boston I drank every day and was over 300 pounds. My daughter was a student and we brought here to school and walked around the city, enjoying the history, the freedom trail and the restaurants. It wasn't always easy for me to get around.
    This weekend over 19 years later we were here for my wifes 50th year homecoming at her nursing school and I was free to be out enjoying the city. Saturday I ran from North station near the TD Garden to the Charles river Esplanade and along the river and back almost 7 miles surrounded by runners of all types and ages ( I might have been the oldest) Sunday I went from the North End to Cambridge and then across to Charlestown and across the Charles town bridge back to the North End.
    The feeling of being alive and the realization of what being AF had become was overwhelming I had gone from 367 pounds where walking a few miles was a chore sometime to running miles at a time having lost over 170 pounds was as life changing an event as could be imagined
    I never have cravings anymore and the only regret I have is not starting till I was over 60.
    I used to tell myself its only a few drinks a day but each drink was 4 or more ounces of gin so about a pint a day of gin at my worse. I disregarded the amount I was really drinking by counting the number of drinks I had.
    I know when I started to be AF it was scary daunting aand the thought of never having a drink again almost overwhelmed the fear of my declining health. Fortunately I stuck to it and I have the benefits every day.
    I know that this isn't an easy decision for us to make but the long term results were well worth it for me.
    Excuse me if I am coming off preachy here but it felt so good I just had to relate how it benefited me over the long haul
    Ke22yB wrote: »
    Hi everyone
    I lurk here and post once in awhile. I was just in Boston for a long weekend and it caused me to reflect and I wanted to relate my thoughts here. I have been AF for over 11 years and 4 months now. When I first spent a lot of time in Boston I drank every day and was over 300 pounds. My daughter was a student and we brought here to school and walked around the city, enjoying the history, the freedom trail and the restaurants. It wasn't always easy for me to get around.
    This weekend over 19 years later we were here for my wifes 50th year homecoming at her nursing school and I was free to be out enjoying the city. Saturday I ran from North station near the TD Garden to the Charles river Esplanade and along the river and back almost 7 miles surrounded by runners of all types and ages ( I might have been the oldest) Sunday I went from the North End to Cambridge and then across to Charlestown and across the Charles town bridge back to the North End.
    The feeling of being alive and the realization of what being AF had become was overwhelming I had gone from 367 pounds where walking a few miles was a chore sometime to running miles at a time having lost over 170 pounds was as life changing an event as could be imagined
    I never have cravings anymore and the only regret I have is not starting till I was over 60.
    I used to tell myself its only a few drinks a day but each drink was 4 or more ounces of gin so about a pint a day of gin at my worse. I disregarded the amount I was really drinking by counting the number of drinks I had.
    I know when I started to be AF it was scary daunting aand the thought of never having a drink again almost overwhelmed the fear of my declining health. Fortunately I stuck to it and I have the benefits every day.
    I know that this isn't an easy decision for us to make but the long term results were well worth it for me.
    Excuse me if I am coming off preachy here but it felt so good I just had to relate how it benefited me over the long haul

Thanks for sharing! Yours is an excellent testament to possibilities ahead.
  • MissMay
    MissMay Posts: 3,554 Member
    Options
    Check in~
    October 2019
    24 AF
    5 A
    😏