Women 200lb+, Let's Be Spooktacular This October!!!

Options

Replies

• mmccloy12
    mmccloy12 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Great job @aliciap0116 ! Enjoy your son's birthday, life is too short! And for the trip, well it sounds like you have a great mindset to remain steady!

Wish I could tag everyone specifically but out of time! Everyone is doing so good!! Let's finish October strong B)
  • speyerj
    speyerj Posts: 1,369 Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    @aliciap0116 , just came back from a conference, so I totally relate. Here are some tips I used:
    1) Bring those workout clothes, and visit the gym first thing when you wake up.
    2) Eat a high protein dinner before the evening receptions. The finger food is crazy fattening and tasty. I had a big seafood dinner before one of the receptions and wasn't even tempted by the food
    3) Cocktail choices- Vodka and soda water with lime. If they have flavoured vodka, even better. 0 carbs, about 90 calories .
    Good luck and have fun!
  • aliciap0116
    aliciap0116 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I wish there was a way to respond to posts specifically....

@mmccloy12 and @speyerj - thank you for the support, excellent advice and specific tips!

@getzet and @bluffgirl67 - you are inspiring; you are carrying heavy burdens but you are doing this - good for you!

@suziemaki8705 - welcome - you are not alone! Just focus on the short term goals for now. This meal, this week, this month. We are all on long roads.

@GroverBlue78 - I had to stop swapping exercise for calories. Doing the swap helped my transition (from my eating free-for-all to logging food) but I find I am better off with a set calorie goal. It's also nice to have a cushion if I go over. When doing the calorie swap for exercise, my weight was up/down each week.

@RavenStCloud - thanks for creating this awesome group! I am counting on it for November!!!

xo everyone!
  • stefsc1
    stefsc1 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    April start weight: 397.7
    October start weight: 322.1
    --
    Oct 9th: 317.9
    Oct 16th: 315.3
    Oct 24th: 316.4

October goal: 312

I know I've been staying on track, so I'm pretty sure this is PMS week. 316 is actually the nicest thing the scale has said to me in days (I only log my weight once a week, but I check in on it 2-4 times a week). This is usually the routine; high numbers out of nowhere and I just have to keep doing what I'm doing and trust that my progress will continue even if I can't see it.
  • amlundie
    amlundie Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Hi guys! Sorry for being MIA, I have been swamped with work and family stuff! Here's an update on me.... and I agree with @aliciap0116 I wish we could reply to specific posts!

I have changed my macros to reduce carbs, not Keto by any means, but trying to stay under 100 carbs per day and get those mostly from veggies or whole grain. My body just does better when I don't over eat carbs. It has been a couple of days and it seems to be going well, I am actually eating less that before...... I have a very small goal of 1 lb per week loss which gives me over 1900 calories a day and I am staying well below that without feeling like I am missing something. Before I was burning a lot of calories on pretty high carb stuff and it just wasn't a healthy thing for me to do.... like eat a high calorie dessert then be hungry for the rest of the day because i had to eat like a bird! By limiting my carbs I am eating more whole foods and also can have a sugar free treat occasionally. So that is going well, how is everyone doing?
  • bluffgirl67
    bluffgirl67 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    @ireallylikemuffins You can do it and this can be the last start. Your cardio workout sounds like a good plan. Elliptical is what I use too so we can encourage each other.

@christymarten Don't worry about whether you're the biggest person there or not. Remember most of the time everyone is worried about what they consider a personal flaw. Enjoy your swims and maybe make some new friends along the way.

@stefsc1 Yes, keep trusting the process and avoid the extra scale check ins since your are experiencing pms. Less stress is a good thing.

@amlundie I'm glad you have a found a balance that works for you. Being able to feel satisfied and not hungry all the time is a great feeling. Keep working what works.

I'm limiting carbs mostly as in baked type stuff because those often upset my stomach. Plus I was hungrier sooner so would be looking for the next thing to eat. However I love some veggies and all types of beans but those don't leave me wanting more. Main thing is I'm looking to lose weight without giving up any specific food. If I feel deprived of something that only makes me want it more. There are some family stresses coming up but I'm not going to eat my feelings. I'm going to use my elliptical and youtube yoga videos instead of food to move through the stress.
  • speyerj
    Options
    @amlundie, that's exactly what I started doing. Limiting myself to under 100 net carbs a day and hitting 100 grams of protein. It's easier than you would think. But it does take some planning. If you know you are going to have a carb heavy dinner, you have to make up for it with breakfast and lunch. But definitely not starving or feeling deprived.
  • christymarten
    christymarten Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    @bluffgirl67 I will try focusing on the swim and enjoying the warmth and movement rather than how I look in a bathing suit. And so agree with not giving up specific foods - for me, if it is forbidden, it is so much more tempting! Indulge in those Vegis and Beans. You can handle those stresses in a healthy way!
  • aliciap0116
    Options
    How do you guys get your protein? I was primarily vegetarian before this but started eating more chicken and fish because I realized protein is important to lose weight. But on average I get between 60-80 g of protein and my carbs are about 150! I eat a lot of veggies and fruit, so my fiber is usually between 30-40. Beans are great but they are also high carb.
  • speyerj
    Options
    Alicia, if you eat eggs, a carton of liquid egg whites could be your best friend. Mix in cheese and veggies and scramble it up. I make it in the microwave at work. Greek yogurt and protein powder smoothies are also good vegetarian options. My favorite smoothie is ice skim milk, vanilla protein powder, pb fit powder cocoa, and stevia. For non vegetarians, there's deli turkey, fish, shrimp and chicken breast and jerky.
  • aliciap0116
    Options
    @speyerj - Good ideas! I’ve been dodging oatmeal with fruit for breakfast so that’s probably the easiest meal to change. Thanks!
  • Sanriohippie
    Sanriohippie Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    You ladies are all incredible!! As always motivating!!!
  • Candyn617
    Candyn617 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Trying to decide whether to weigh on Monday or wait until Thursday for October challenge last weigh in?? Hmm.. what is everyone else doing? I am hoping there is a November challenge!!