• skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,841 Member
    Options
    <3
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,200 Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Good morning/afternoon/evening. Today we are going to a local National Trust Estate with our Garden Group to enjoy the Autumn Colour.
    Rita: So sorry. The poem has me in tears. (((Hugs)))
    Machka: Ackkk! And Yoghurt get everywhere!
    Allie: Brava!!! Fingers crossed.

My Reasons to be Grateful:
    1. I slept well
    2. I woke up! Much better than the alternative! 😂
    3. The day is set fair for our garden visit
    4. The scale is still dropping
    9nd8z83hmv9x.jpg
    October Daily Goals:
    [*] Start each day with Meditation/Reflection 😌
    [*] Log all food/drink/stay in the green/hydrate 😋
    [*] Weight less at the end than at the beginning ⬇️
    [*] 30+ minutes intentional exercise ; 7000 + steps 🔼
    [*] Continue work on improving strength⤴️
    [*] Keep on top of laundry/general housework/chores ✅
    [*] Spend quality time with DH ✅
    [*] Spend time outdoors ☔️
    [*] Work on completing crochet projects ✅
    [*] Declutter 15+ minutes per day ✅
    [/list]

I'm off to prepare for the day ahead.

☘️ Terri

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,927 Member
    Options
    LisaInAR wrote: »
    [*] You do get addicted - when your body starts moving more easily, hurting less, when you feel yourself striding into a store, instead of limping or walking slowly, it's pretty amazing. When you realize that you're actually happier, and that it's the flood of endorphins you're getting every single day from the gym. And when you simply cannot go on a given day and you find yourself cranky, ouchy and annoyed that your body just doesn't want to work right all dang day. Skipping a day of working out is like trying to run a car without motor oil after you've been doing it a while. Your body LIKES exercise - it's your brain that's telling you it doesn't.
    [/list]

OK, down off my soapbox. Those newly converted to the exercise addiction are the noisiest, you know. :)

Later, y'all,
    Lisa in AR

I enjoy a lot of exercise, but I'm not keen on core work. Nevertheless, when I do core work, my body does feel better, like you say ... I start to be able to stand straighter and hold my body in a better position and I think I look a kg or two lighter because I have the abdominal strength to hold things in a bit. :)

That's just my impression ... but it does make me feel better. :)

I've started doing core work again this week.

M in Oz
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,575 Member
    Options
    =
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,927 Member
    Options
    KJLaMore wrote: »
    For a year and a half I worked extended hours and had kids in my care from 6:30am-11:00pm and also on weekends. Those hours ended this past July (thank goodness). I am currently trying to make healthy choices about what I put in my body and trying to push myself into more activity (which is hard because my ankles and knees still hurt and I am tired). But I CAN walk. And I CAN do strength exercises. So this weight WILL come off if I persist.
    That is all. I gotta get my exercises in. love to all! ttfn xoxoxo KJ (Kelly)

I'm glad to hear you're not working such long hours right now. It is really difficult to keep that kind of pace going. I've been there from time to time. :heart:

M in Oz

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,575 Member
    Options
    Juju
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,360 Member
    Options
    Terri - I see Hurricane Lorenzo is going to hit Ireland. Is your boat in any danger? We get some mighty winds and torrential rains every decade or so here in the Pacific Northwest. Don't know if they are the tail-ends of hurricanes or what blowing up from Hawaii (Pineapple Express) but winds lay down trees like matchsticks and the flooding is devastating. In fact, we are overdue.

Pip - I noticed in that photo you posted of Kirby with Yogi taken 5 years ago, Kirby appeared to be heavier as well. Maybe he was just wearing bulky clothing. You both are an inspiration for sure, keeping up with your workouts and cycling.

Time to pull the Strong Women Stay Young book off the shelf and review it.

Lanette
    SW WA State
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    HEATHER Happy birthday 💝💝

RITA so sorry been there and poem made me cry

DEBBIE take care of yourself you are important

Kate UK ❤️