Happy Birthday,Heather!!!!🎊🎈🎊🎈🎁
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    :heart:
  • Workoutahloic50
    Workoutahloic50 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    grandm-I’m sorry you feel bad and terribly sorry for your friend.Im happy Chester is doing better.
    Debby In Va
  • sh0tzz99
    sh0tzz99 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    Felicia - I live with the same kind of man....doesn't really have much empathy for me or anyone else. So, I feel I am not allowed to have any sort of "episode," get upset about anything or have any type of strong reaction to anything. If I do, he "punishes" me for days by essentially ignoring me...which is better sometimes. He actually used to be somewhat empathetic with me, but not anymore. I guess it has a time limit.

Virtual hugs to all who need them and even if you don't need them.
  • Workoutahloic50
    Workoutahloic50 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    You look Fantastic!!!
    Debby In Va
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    You look Fantastic!!!
    Debby In Va

I second that! :)

• LisaInAR
    LisaInAR Posts: 2,020 Member
    Options
    Heather, glad it was amazing... And you look a treat, very Egyptian princess. Happy birthday, dear heart!
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,384 Member
    Options
    Heather - you look a very svelte and fabulous 70. Perfect dress & tiara. I'll bet no one could believe you were 70! Happy Birthday and many, many more! <3
  • sh0tzz99
    sh0tzz99 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    Heather You look great! Can I have your dress when you're done with it???
  • trucker743
    trucker743 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    NYKaren, those sand sculptures are really powerful. They may be fleeting, but they evoke feelings of compassion beautifully.

SuziQ, i am a post-Bariatric surgery patient. One thing my dear dietician emphasizes is to log EVERYTHING - for the rest of your life, if need be. I’m a bit ICD, so I even log my meds (Yes, most of them are in there under one name or another.), my fluid intake, my steps and my other exercise. It’s helped immeasurably in keeping my nutrients in track for my best health as well as weight loss.

Karen In VA, is there a GoFundMe page for that child and her parents? Ronald McDonald House is amazing, but there’s still the utilities to pay while off work.

Lanette, our trumpet vine here on the hill is regularly subject to below freezing temperatures and just laughs as them. Is there a reason you haven’t planted it in-ground?

Matcha, Lanette and anyone else following communication changes - both the “reach out” replacement for “contact” and the addition of “go ahead” and “today” were suggested in one of the trainings we received. The first was seen as more personal and gentler. The two additions were along the lines of “Hey! We’re ON this for you!”, meaning that we’re actively involved in your best interest.

I suspect they’ve caught on because people intuitively strive for connection.

Sharon Near Seattle
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    happy birthday, Heather—you Egyptian goddess <3
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,226 Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Heather: I hope your day was filled with joyful surprises. I know you sparkled through them all.
    https://images.app.goo.gl/7E3rWwdL8tZWoZLh6

Lanette: boat is safely tied up in an enclosed, sheltered Marina in Belfast Lough, on the Eastern shore of Ireland. Many large ships use the Lough as a safe anchorage during storms.

💕 💖 💕 all the bios and updates, but tired after doing grocery shopping after lunch, and doing a spot of line dancing to cheer myself up after the funeral. Tommy is distraught. He and Kay found each other late in life and only married in June 2017. Tragic loss!

See y’all in the morning.

☘️ Terri #waitingforLorenzo #introspective
  • LisaInAR
    LisaInAR Posts: 2,020 Member
    Options
    Terri - I'm so sorry for the loss of your friend, and for Tommy's loss. It's my greatest fear, losing Corey. I've only had 10 years with him, and it's not enough!

He kind of takes it all in stride, though. I was down on my self about my last marriage at the particular moment, and told him once (he's nine years younger, for those who don't know) that apparently my "forever" promises only last about 27 years. He said, "Well, by then, you'll be 77, and I figure you won't be able to outrun me."

One hopes that we'll split the difference and shuffle off this mortal coil about the same time. I just don't want to outlive him. That would in no way seem fair.

Lisa
  • SuziQ113
    SuziQ113 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Hello one and all.

Heather - You look gorgeous! Happy birthday!

Sharon - It's great you have stuck to the habit of recording all intake. I have found time and again the only way for me to stay on track is to record everything (the good, the bad and the ugly). In the past I would get sloppy once in maintenance, but as long as I kept the journal the weight stayed off. Thank you for the motivation to stick with it.

GingerBeer - Love the train story and pictures. It sounds like you live in a very peaceful place.

GrandMallie - Oh, your dear friends. Sending positive thoughts and prayers.

October goals are moving along. I am doing a 30-day plank challenge. Yesterday was tough. Who would think 2, 30-second planks would make me feel like I was running the last 10 miles of a 90 mile run! LOL. Today, completed 3, 20-second plank sets. It was a little easier even if I kept my eye on the timer! 3 more days to go before a "plank rest" day.

September Goal Recap
    Weight Loss Goal 5+ Pounds: September Loss 8.6 pounds
    Cardio Goal Minimum of 60 Minutes/Week: Averaged 90 Minutes/Week
    Strength Training Goal Minimum of 30 Minutes/Week: Averaged 30 Minutes/Week
    Water Minimum Per Day 8, 8 oz Glasses: Missed a few days by 1-2 glasses.

September was the baby step month for me. I went from a total couch potato to walking during commercials and finally getting outside for walks. I am actually looking forward to doubling the exercise goals during October.

I signed up for an annual community yoga gathering scheduled for New Year's day. I am really looking forward to it and being around so many practicing yoga. It should be a peaceful way to start the first day of the new year.
    j8bxvgmx99sr.png

Best to all.
    SuziQ - Broward County, FL
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,618 Member
    Options
    lhscapil wrote: »
    Terri - I see Hurricane Lorenzo is going to hit Ireland. Is your boat in any danger? We get some mighty winds and torrential rains every decade or so here in the Pacific Northwest. Don't know if they are the tail-ends of hurricanes or what blowing up from Hawaii (Pineapple Express) but winds lay down trees like matchsticks and the flooding is devastating. In fact, we are overdue.

Pip - I noticed in that photo you posted of Kirby with Yogi taken 5 years ago, Kirby appeared to be heavier as well. Maybe he was just wearing bulky clothing. You both are an inspiration for sure, keeping up with your workouts and cycling.

Time to pull the Strong Women Stay Young book off the shelf and review it.

Lanette
    SW WA State

Wearing baggy clothes lolol