Options
    klanders30 wrote: »
    happy birthday, Heather—you Egyptian goddess <3

I could not have said it better!

Karen in Virginia
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,147 Member
    Options
    Gingerbeericecold- I read your post and I’m not sure what name you go by. I live on old railroad tracks that they turned into tar bike and walking paths. It’s nice to be able to walk for miles in nature away from traffic! Great picture of the railroad bridge. As kids we also played on the tracks and climbed a very similar bridge. Thinking back we could have gotten killed...

<3

Mary from Minnesota/Arizona
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    🌸🌺🌼💜💛💚
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,037 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    Now ... homework.

Machka in Oz

I am usually the Queen of References when I write papers. I'm the one with 5 pages of references for a 10-page paper. :grin:

I don't usually lose marks for that, but often get comments indicating there might be a bit too many references.

For my 2nd assignment in this course, I decided to ease back a bit and try handing in a paper with a more "normal" (based on what I've seen others hand in) number of references. I did lose a few marks and got comments that I didn't have enough!!

Righto ... my first order of business on this final assignment is to gather up a stack of references and do my reference pages. I'm up to 6 pages of references. They want references ... I'll give them references!!

This is the way I usually write a paper ... do all the references first, then put some words and illustrations in the paper part. I shouldn't have deviated from my usual.

But, because my topic is "get moving at work", I'm finding all sorts of journal articles on health and fitness. :)

M in Oz
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,073 Member
    Options
    M in OZlove the flowers!
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    I’m here I’m here! Made it been busy busy busy with holiday planning to teaching JR to speak y count. Of course that backfired on me lol. He crumbled Oreo cookies dumped water in his bed when asked who did this?
    “No me’s”
    “Must have been (sisters name here )”
    Walked off cool as a cucumber 🥒

She’s in the Navy in another state we all know he made the mess good try 2yr old good try!

Put food in the table..”I want pancakes 🥞 “.
    😤 Lol Terrible 2’s but we’re learning when asked his fathers name he replies “DADDY!”

Sw 195
    Cw 153.8
    Amber Tx

Getting Christmas around to so much going on picked up a new game for my cellphone to distract me while I walk y dance around the house to ooose weight (The Trail Gane App). Lol JR runs in circles without me now lol
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Mom- Thankless Never Ending Job where the only reward is knowing your own sacrifices. Lol waiting for the others to see it too lol
    Same with being a wife etc to working woman.
    Hang I. There guys were strong were women
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,297 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to send hugs to those with unresponsive husbands. Everyone has to make their own decisions as to what they need in life, but for me an intimate relationship is paramount. I left my first husband because we just were not connecting in the way I needed. It was very, very hard and we parted as friends, but I now have the relationship I desired. I know I would rather be alone than live with an emotional stranger, but we are all different and have different priorities.
    Never, ever, put yourself last in life.

Love Heather UK XXXXXX
  • SuziQ113
    SuziQ113 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Now ... homework.

Machka in Oz

For my 2nd assignment in this course, I decided to ease back a bit and try handing in a paper with a more "normal" (based on what I've seen others hand in) number of references. I did lose a few marks and got comments that I didn't have enough!!

Righto ... my first order of business on this final assignment is to gather up a stack of references and do my reference pages. I'm up to 6 pages of references. They want references ... I'll give them references!!

This is the way I usually write a paper ... do all the references first, then put some words and illustrations in the paper part. I shouldn't have deviated from my usual.

M in Oz

Hi Machka.

I used the same methodology. But found all of my professors wanted a personal touch such as how the references support a/my point of view. :) I am a numbers person and being wordy for the sake of being wordy within a term paper was always tough for me.

Good luck and happy referencing!