WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR OCTOBER 2019

Options

Replies

• SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,401 Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Happy Thursday!

Lisa - Your workout is impressive! Did you work with a trainer to get into that routine? By the way, how did you meet Corey? Your happiness with him makes me happy, lol.

Barbie - so neat you are easing back into strength training. I love reading your approach to life and exercise.

Yesterday I resumed my SWSY. 3# dumbbells and 2 1/2# ankle weights. Yes, they were easy, but as the book recommends, start out with really light weights to get the form and breathing down, then increase weights and begin getting some resistance. Light and slow. My plan is to keep at those weights tomorrow then gradually increase, doing a workout every other day.

Before my surgery I was at 8# dumbbells and 10# ankle weights, three times a week, and that was enough. I felt strong and in good shape, and was able to actually keep losing a little and my favorite pants were getting lose despite sneaking in treats.

Got some good walking in yesterday with the Hoka shoes, but my knees got a little grumpy. That will pass with time, slow break in, and the SWSY leg exercises I'm doing.

Rori (((HUGS))). I hope hearing aids help your DH. How is your brother doing? Still living at your house? Has Reuben finished everything in the bathroom remodel?

Katla - that's terrific news about your DDIL and grandson coming to visit after you get home from seeing the family/grandkids at the farm. <3

Since there appear to be several of us on this list that need a gal's weekend getaway, I emailed Elon Musk and told him I wanted to upgrade the teleporter on order from 2 seats to 6. He's not good at answering emails. Hope he doesn't accidentally book us on a trip to Mars! :#

Have been watching an interesting series on Hulu - "The Top of the Lake". (First Season) Co-written and directed by NZ gal Jane Campion of "The Piano" fame. Holly Hunter is/was in both. Beautiful scenery - though stark - and engaging plot twists. Now I want to see if I can find "The Piano" somewhere and watch it again. It came out in 1993.

Make it a fabulous day, supermodels! <3

Lanette
    SW WA State
  • Workoutahloic50
    Workoutahloic50 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Amber- Soo glad to see you,o was getting worried about you
    Debby In Va
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,926 Member
    Options
    Pg. 8 done
    Laters ladies!
    RVRita
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,661 Member
    Options
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    B)
  • SuziQ113
    SuziQ113 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie - HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!
  • suebdew
    suebdew Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options
    <3 Blessings, Vicki GI NE
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Kate UK <3