Options

Replies

• pizzamyheart
    pizzamyheart Posts: 1,836 Member
    Options
    J_NY_Z wrote: »
    And here is me about 7 years ago. "Fat Jesus"

eym40spcgzik.jpg

Your post here made me smile. I hope you dressed in robes and walked around your neighborhood holding a shepherds staff around Christmas.
  • J_NY_Z
    J_NY_Z Posts: 2,538 Member
    Options

Your post here made me smile. I hope you dressed in robes and walked around your neighborhood holding a shepherds staff around Christmas.

I used to work at a Christian college as a chef. Sometimes at the end of the night and I would take my hair down and walk around blessing people. Sometimes it didn't go well.
  • s131951
    s131951 Posts: 3,776 Member
    Options

I used to work at a Christian college as a chef. Sometimes at the end of the night and I would take my hair down and walk around blessing people. Sometimes it didn't go well.

Be thankful that wasn't 500 years ago.
  • J_NY_Z
    J_NY_Z Posts: 2,538 Member
    Options
    s131951 wrote: »

500? Try 50.
  • s131951
    s131951 Posts: 3,776 Member
    Options

500? Try 50.

True, but you may not have been burned at the stake 50 years ago, depending on what part of the world.
  • pizzamyheart
    pizzamyheart Posts: 1,836 Member
    Options

500? Try 50.

True, but you may not have been burned at the stake 50 years ago, depending on what part of the world.

Nothing worse than being burned at the stake. That should be in the I don't like thread.
  • MrAcavano
    MrAcavano Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I don’t like them. But I don’t like clean shaven either. @MrAcavano - his facial hair in his picture is imo the perfect length.

With that being said there are always men who can make them work.

Looks like now I have to grow it back :)
  • holly_roman
    holly_roman Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I like beards. I am not attracted to men without them. Not sure why that is but I instantly double look when a guy has a beard. I do like them maintained but I can't say that I don't love my SO' s Wildman look in the winter.
  • InspectorRed
    InspectorRed Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    bcfeargm7s4g.jpg

All the most important men in my life have beards; my soon to be son-in-law on the left, my 2 sons, and my hubby.

And below, my dad had the best beard! I only saw him without a beard once as I was growing up!
    raanpltz4c82.jpg

• KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options

eym40spcgzik.jpg

+ points for a beard and long hair. :heart:
  • NachoFriend_
    NachoFriend_ Posts: 4 Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    How do you reply with a picture?
  • RunsWithBees
    RunsWithBees Posts: 1,508 Member
    edited October 2019
    Options

Were they sneezing? :D

<3 beards are awesome! I suppose it depends on the guy but I usually prefer some facial hair.
  • _sw33tp3a_11
    _sw33tp3a_11 Posts: 4,692 Member
    Options
    tupkfi7rx3by.jpeg

I’ve had facial hair one way or the other since high school, and have shaved clean only a handful of times since then (That was more than 25 years ago). I don’t give 2 *kitten* if it’s trendy or not, and I don’t intend to ever get rid of it.

(The center photo is from this month).

This is some good stuff here 😍
  • hoppgeorge
    hoppgeorge Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    tupkfi7rx3by.jpeg

I’ve had facial hair one way or the other since high school, and have shaved clean only a handful of times since then (That was more than 25 years ago). I don’t give 2 *kitten* if it’s trendy or not, and I don’t intend to ever get rid of it.

(The center photo is from this month).

Damn dude! 👊🏼
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    I don’t like them. But I don’t like clean shaven either. @MrAcavano - his facial hair in his picture is imo the perfect length.

With that being said there are always men who can make them work.

100% agree with every word of this!

I most prefer what I'd call a super-short or close-trimmed beard (like MrAcavano's pic) on my husband, and fortunately that is his look - but ginger.

When beards go much past collarbone I'm less into them, and if they're very curly-frizzy even less so.
  • Tinydancer106
    Tinydancer106 Posts: 3,678 Member
    Options
    Reckoner68 wrote: »
    Ok get ready for a sweet ride down my beard hall of...existence. Some ground rules, before we get started:

1) For most of my life, it's been a goatee. I don't care. I still call it a beard because seriously, who gives two craps?
    2) I have literally never once in my life done anything with any hair on my face to please anybody but myself *with a few notable exceptions that you will see below*
    3) I like facial hair. My dad had a beard for most of my time with him; about every five years or so, he would shave it off to "remember what his face looked like." I hated it. I'd always beg him not to shave it off. As such, I've never once been clean-shaven since I could grow facial hair. This is my face, I'm as cool with it as I'm gonna get :)

Now, without further adieu, I present you the museum of the facial hair of a super-normal guy!

1) The baby beard. I was so young! It was but a thin goatee, probably the best I could muster at the time. I liked it then.
    e9thiimcj210.jpg

2) Me with my beard inspiration, the last time I saw him before he died.
    1ry43ejcla3o.jpg

3) Remember when duck-lip selfies were so popular? My friends and I did the best we could, because we wanted to be cool too. Duck-beard.
    1wz7qdlgcc89.jpg

4) Look, show me someone who hasn't had a "ugh what was going on" beard moment and I'll show you someone who plans ahead. Had to rush to California and forgot a razor so after ten days or so I was sporting the grossest neckbeard. Not a great look, but you know what? Such is life.
    72hbja8r2osj.jpg

5) Almost done with the story/evolution ones, the fun starts shortly. Anyway, this was about thirteen years ago--I'll call this one "80-hour work weeks" beard. I was just starting to grow the goatee out a bit. Also, my teenager was so young and cute, dangit.
    jwka9bvehui6.jpg

Now we'll get movin:

6) Flower Beard
    ztg1b9xw5043.jpg

7) Christmas Beard (I WAS COERCED and I think it shows)
    nl304xmfupkk.jpg

8) Mud beard
    3ol3wne2v8iz.jpg

9) Warpaint beard
    sdlhmi90oee7.jpg

10) Werewolf beard
    56z7i92cryv9.jpg

11) Werewolf PIPE beard (it's different)
    nx4b3fnt0qfu.jpg

12) Zombie beard
    l7fb9ynmcdyw.jpg

...and holy crap this took me WAY too long to put together. I'm never doing it again.

(Standing ovation cuz you can't see my lazy *kitten* sitting but still clapping loudly and making whistle "sounding" noises because yup..my whistle game sucks.😒.....but the clapping and cheering and ovation stuff is spot on!!!!!)

That was amazing and not only shows what a good beard can do....it shows what a good dad and dude will do!!!💗💗💗💗🤗
    Well done sir!! Well done!

.((.....aaaaand saved 😉😁🤘👅))
  • Tinydancer106
    Options
    Taking inspiration from Reckoner. I've had facial hair since perhaps junior year in high school. Thin goatee and then thicker, then goatee with scruff and have worked on a full beard of sorts in the last few years. Since @LiftingSpirits demanded it.

9fwvnxevpyf0.png
    13 years ago-ish

awpsds60yc3x.png
    12 years ago

u764xf5poyn7.jpg
    8 years ago

g8ctrmyfzune.jpg

s6j1wf8z2cvu.jpg
    1.5 years ago

t4pw5crarkfk.jpg
    2 hours ago

I may need a minute here........😍
    Ok....I'm good.......I think if you were a chick I would be hating on the 12 yr ago hair.....but since you very obviously are not one....let me just say......
    giphy.gif

😍🤘😎🤗another impressive beardology💗
  • Tinydancer106
    Options
    Someone say beard?

Yes, Sir! Post away

Alrighty then....

ibj992p5m9wo.jpg

Extra points for purple and swagger and oh....right ....the beard yup nice beard!😉😎🤗🤘👍🌟