Define a Curvy Woman PLEASE!

Options
Okay, I hear women all the time say that they're not overweight but "got curves." Some women who say this are so unhealthy. So, I thought to myself if women seem to think that being overweight is actually them being curvy what do guys think about a curvy woman? As in what do guys consider to be curves.

I happen to think curves are women who have an hourglass shape and are "thick" but not overweight. The actress "Scarlett Johansson" quickly comes to mind when I think of curves.

I know guys say a confident woman makes them sexy, is that the case when an overweight woman thinks she's sexy and doesn't try to start being healthy?

And what do the women on MFP think?

I don't mean to offend anyone on here whatsoever, I am overweight and working towards my healthy lifestyle. I don't call myself curvy because I don't consider my extra weight curves. So, I feel comfortable thinking out loud with this thought.

Replies

• rebeccalee1986
    Options
    I guess my definition of a curvy woman is a Kelly brook type big boobs wide hips small waist but beauty is in the eye of the beholder
  • Stump_Likker
    Stump_Likker Posts: 2,059 Member
    Options
    How about 5'8", 42D-33-40.
  • DesiraeDoll11
    Options
    I guess my definition of a curvy woman is a Kelly brook type big boobs wide hips small waist but beauty is in the eye of the beholder

You are so right about "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder"! I didn't mean to sound so vain in my post! I'm just very curious about the topic.
  • DesiraeDoll11
    Options
    How about 5'8", 42D-33-40.

Oh my! There's an image! :happy:
  • chubaway
    chubaway Posts: 1,645 Member
    Options
    I found this on the internet, and couldn't say it better . . .

"Curvy does not mean fat, obese, thick, overweight, plus size or full figure. It just means there is a curve definition and healthy."
  • shutupandlift13
    shutupandlift13 Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Okay, I hear women all the time say that they're not overweight but "got curves." Some women who say this are so unhealthy. So, I thought to myself if women seem to think that being overweight is actually them being curvy what do guys think about a curvy woman? As in what do guys consider to be curves.

I happen to think curves are women who have an hourglass shape and are "thick" but not overweight. The actress "Scarlett Johansson" quickly comes to mind when I think of curves.

I know guys say a confident woman makes them sexy, is that the case when an overweight woman thinks she's sexy and doesn't try to start being healthy?

And what do the women on MFP think?

I don't mean to offend anyone on here whatsoever, I am overweight and working towards my healthy lifestyle. I don't call myself curvy because I don't consider my extra weight curves. So, I feel comfortable thinking out loud with this thought.

Curvy is a type of body frame that I read as being hour glass or pear shaped. Curvy is not a definition of body composition.
  • Skeletor666
    Skeletor666 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    These days it seems like fat women use this term to try to justify there lazy/sedentary lifestyles.
  • Adrianachiarato
    Adrianachiarato Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    To me, curvy = chubby
  • learnerdriver
    learnerdriver Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Curvy is a body shape- some athletic/model shapes are not curvy.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Curvy =/= overweight. You can be "not overweight" and still curvy.
  • DesiraeDoll11
    Options
    These days it seems like fat women use this term to try to justify there lazy/sedentary lifestyles.

I have to agree with you on that. It's an excuse.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    To me, curvy = chubby

:noway: :noway: :noway:

I am curvy and not chubby...38-32-40...those are curves...and this girl has a butt (thank you squatts)

Marylin Monroe...need I say more...
  • SoViLicious
    SoViLicious Posts: 2,633 Member
    Options
    Does this matter?
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    To me, curvy is this:

142285669447421881_JkGWSIVI_c.jpg
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    There are all different ways to be curvy. I'm tiny, but I have a curvy figure. Other woman are bigger than me and very curvy. Curvy can apply to the breasts, the hips, the booty, and a small waist. Usually a 10 plus inch difference between the waist and the curves. But, curvy can be hourglass or pear shaped. I'm sure some big boobed women with straight body types are curvy also (not sure what that body type is, maybe apple).

Edit: this topic usually causes a lot of drama on mfp. People have strong opinions and arguments on the word curvy and some people are possessive over it. It doesn't matter to me how people use the word.
  • Stump_Likker
    Stump_Likker Posts: 2,059 Member
    Options
    To me, curvy = chubby

I'm 5'8", 42D-33-40, and I wear a size 8. How is that chubby?
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    Why on earth do you care so much to where you need strangers to define what a curvy woman is?
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    sweet. yet another thread where people try to get 100% agreement on a definition of a body type even though it's completely and utterly meaningless. if you're happy with your shape, who gives a damn what other people call it? if you're unhappy, start controlling your calories and exercising, change yourself, not the label.

pears, apples, hourglasses, curvy, whatevs. out.
  • DesiraeDoll11
    Options
    To me, curvy = chubby

:noway: :noway: :noway:

I am curvy and not chubby...38-32-40...those are curves...and this girl has a butt (thank you squatts)

Marylin Monroe...need I say more...

LORD HAVE MERCY! lol
  • Keto_T
    Keto_T Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    To me, curvy is this:

142285669447421881_JkGWSIVI_c.jpg

i want that body :ohwell: