Define a Curvy Woman PLEASE!

Options

Replies

• thickandcurvy79
    Options
    Would this be considered curvy, 36-31-44? Doesn't necessarily have to have big boobs but an hour glass shape or pear shape works to! When I was heavier, my curves had more curvature (does that even make sense?) but after 40lbs gone, I still have them and still turn heads. Yes, I agree some women use it as an excuse to avoid exercising. There's a big difference between curves and thickness vs. overweight and lazy.
  • SoViLicious
    SoViLicious Posts: 2,633 Member
    Options
    Curvy Woman [kur-vee woom-uhn] (curvy - adjective, woman - noun) -

1. a female human being who is just smothered in parabola.
    2. an indefinable creature of near mythical proportions, as it would seem to mean something different to every person in the world.

I'm pretty thick... can you handle all this?
  • angelams1019
    angelams1019 Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    PS- I've lost 88 pounds. I'm still about 60-70 pounds overweight. I consider myself curvy. I know plenty of other people that consider me curvy. I'm sure there are PLEEEEEEEEENTY of people that would consider me a lazy fat *kitten* that is just trying to make myself "feel better" by calling myself "curvy." I'm pretty sure those people can suck it! :drinker:

867134_4261.jpg

:flowerforyou:

Back off bro....she's mine!

Back off bro, I'm hers! :love:
  • likearadiowave
    likearadiowave Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    These days it seems like fat women use this term to try to justify there lazy/sedentary lifestyles.

So what do you call a fat girl who is eating right and working out 6 days a week? I mean is she still lazy or is she just "Curvy"?

In the eyes of society (since they don't know you and assume they do), still "lazy".

People assume they know the person just from looking at them. In reality, you don't actually know what part of their weight loss journey someone is on.

Also, everyone is automatically a doctor when they see an obese person.
  • DesiraeDoll11
    Options
    You are beautiful! I would say you're curvy. When I said overweight girls call themselves curvy I meant morbidly obese women who maintain an unhealthy lifestyle and in no way try to change it. WAY TO GO ON YOUR WEIGHTLOSS! CONGRATS!!!
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    OP: I understand your original post was in good faith. However -
    sweet. yet another thread where people try to get 100% agreement on a definition of a body type even though it's completely and utterly meaningless. if you're happy with your shape, who gives a damn what other people call it? if you're unhappy, start controlling your calories and exercising, change yourself, not the label.

pears, apples, hourglasses, curvy, whatevs. out.

tumblr_lpxvk9JhBb1qca5dp.png
  • toutmonpossible
    toutmonpossible Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options

sweet. yet another thread where people try to get 100% agreement on a definition of a body type even though it's completely and utterly meaningless. ...

These are not meaningless terms. They are clearly defined, although some people on MFP don't understand the definitions (they're not difficult to understand.).

They have an impact: If you're overweight it's considered healthier to be a pear shape rather than an apple because fat stored in the abdomen may be different metabolically than fat stored in the hips, butt,and thighs, or so the theory goes.
  • wildcatnyc
    wildcatnyc Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    Curvy to me means the classic hour glass figure...it can be a 32-26-32 or a 38-32-38. Curvy does not define body composition, size, health, etc. It's just a shape (in my opinion).
  • SoViLicious
    Options
    Curvy is a body shape- some athletic/model shapes are not curvy.

LIES I know athletes that are curvy. LIES
  • Alley919
    Options
    I don't have curves, I have speed bumps. To me curves are when a woman's female is proportionate. Bust and hips approximately the same size with the waist somewhat smaller. It doesn't have to be 36-24-36. My bust and waist are the same size and my hips are bigger.
  • angelams1019
    angelams1019 Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    PS- I've lost 88 pounds. I'm still about 60-70 pounds overweight. I consider myself curvy. I know plenty of other people that consider me curvy. I'm sure there are PLEEEEEEEEENTY of people that would consider me a lazy fat *kitten* that is just trying to make myself "feel better" by calling myself "curvy." I'm pretty sure those people can suck it! :drinker:

867134_4261.jpg

My bad!:ohwell:

hahahaha Awww...That face was so pitiful! Now I feel bad! :flowerforyou:
  • jbwilliams888
    Options

867134_4261.jpg

My bad!:ohwell:

hahahaha Awww...That face was so pitiful! Now I feel bad! :flowerforyou:

Now I feel better! :happy:
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    sweet. yet another thread where people try to get 100% agreement on a definition of a body type even though it's completely and utterly meaningless. if you're happy with your shape, who gives a damn what other people call it? if you're unhappy, start controlling your calories and exercising, change yourself, not the label.

/end thread

But, you know, arguing over meaningless definitions is important, very important...
  • Mother_Superior
    Mother_Superior Posts: 1,624 Member
    Options

2. an indefinable creature of near mythical proportions, as it would seem to mean something different to every person in the world.

edward_scissorhands_yes.gif
  • Jestinia
    Jestinia Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    I'm very reluctantly curvy. And I know this because once upon a time, when I was very young and foolish, I coveted the Twiggy body, one I could decorate with teensy lacy little dorito-sized bras and stringy panties sliding down jutting razorbladed hipbones. I dieted and dieted and exercised and exercised, but no matter how skinny I got the only angles I ever found were my cheekbones. Finally I realized I'd picked the wrong parents for having a Twiggy body, gave up, and went back to buying industrial strength bras and slightly more sensible than fashionable underwear.
  • DesiraeDoll11
    Options

LMAO NICE RESPOSE!
  • SoViLicious
    Options

Its bout to go done in here! LEGGO!
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    Round is a curve...right? That makes me curvy!
  • tonytedesco
    tonytedesco Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    These days it seems like fat women use this term to try to justify there lazy/sedentary lifestyles.

I just wish they would stop using the word on dating sites... Did they think I wasn't going to notice when we met?

Sorry for being so politically incorrect.
  • DragonSquatter
    DragonSquatter Posts: 957 Member
    Options

867134_4261.jpg

:heart: :drinker: