Define a Curvy Woman PLEASE!

Options

Replies

• FarAway02
    FarAway02 Posts: 211
    Options
    I consider myself to be curvy and at 155 pounds & 5 ft 11 tall I'm not even remotely overweight. I could weigh an extra 20 pounds and still be classed in the healthy range.

I have wide hips and a set of boobs. I go in and out. I have curves. I'm not unhealthy, I'm not overweight and I'm certainly not obese/lazy/making excuses for my body shape.

My body is HOT...and it becomes more so every day :)
  • jbwilliams888
    Options
    I love THICK women! Something that I can hold on to. I have dated all shapes and sizes of women but there is nothing like a beautiful, full figured woman, that knows how to own her body shape and plays into it. Media has brain washed us into believing that overweight women are not sexy. I think it's a crock of poop! I do believe that we should strive to live healthy lives but baby gotta have back..lol!

To me, CONFIDNECE is the sexiest thing that a woman could ever wear. I have met women that are overweight and were the sexiest beings I have ever encountered. They were sexy because no one on this earth could tell them that they weren't. Not only did they believed it but they carried themselves accordingly.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    sweet. yet another thread where people try to get 100% agreement on a definition of a body type even though it's completely and utterly meaningless. if you're happy with your shape, who gives a damn what other people call it? if you're unhappy, start controlling your calories and exercising, change yourself, not the label.

pears, apples, hourglasses, curvy, whatevs. out.

:flowerforyou:
  • Tiffa0909
    Tiffa0909 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I think is more of the proportion of the body , I would consider a Hour Glass and Pear shape women curvy.
  • angelams1019
    angelams1019 Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    These days it seems like fat women use this term to try to justify there lazy/sedentary lifestyles.

I have to agree with you on that. It's an excuse.

This is a silly AND ignorant statement.

My suggestion to OP is to worry about yourself. What do YOU consider curvy? Thats really all that matters.
  • CaliforniaBarbie
    CaliforniaBarbie Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    These days it seems like fat women use this term to try to justify there lazy/sedentary lifestyles.

Thats pretty much what i was going to say.
  • Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options

If you think, after posting that comment, that your six pack will make you immune to the attack of MFP's women, you are in for a a big surprise!
  • DesiraeDoll11
    Options
    sweet. yet another thread where people try to get 100% agreement on a definition of a body type even though it's completely and utterly meaningless. if you're happy with your shape, who gives a damn what other people call it? if you're unhappy, start controlling your calories and exercising, change yourself, not the label.

I understand what you're saying, it's just that I'm insecure with myself. So it is very hard to roll with the flow. I'm just curious that's all. I don't mean to offend, like I said in my first post. Thank you for your response! I agree with changing yourself and not "labeling".
  • toutmonpossible
    toutmonpossible Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options

Curvy is a type of body [shape] that I read as being hour glass or pear shaped.

That's how I think of it. I'm normal/low weight, but curvy, which I don't like, in part because it makes it difficult to find clothes that fit. Although I try to exercise and maintain my weight, my body shape has gotten even more curvy because of hormonal changes that occur as one gets older.

I'm not "thick," which is an expression I hate, I'm petite. But I definitely store more fat in my lower body. Per my scale, my overall body fat percentage is average or low-average. One day I hope to get a scan in order to have a more accurate idea.
  • SoViLicious
    SoViLicious Posts: 2,633 Member
    Options

So what do you call a fat girl who is eating right and working out 6 days a week? I mean is she still lazy or is she just "Curvy"?
  • DesiraeDoll11
    Options
    In total agreement!
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options

I understand what you're saying, it's just that I'm insecure with myself. So it is very hard to roll with the flow. I'm just curious that's all. I don't mean to offend, like I said in my first post. Thank you for your response! I agree with changing yourself and not "labeling".

This topic comes up a lot on mfp and people can get really nasty and all kinds of drama happens. It's ridiculous. It goes on for pages and pages and days and days.
  • angelams1019
    angelams1019 Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    PS- I've lost 88 pounds. I'm still about 60-70 pounds overweight. I consider myself curvy. I know plenty of other people that consider me curvy. I'm sure there are PLEEEEEEEEENTY of people that would consider me a lazy fat *kitten* that is just trying to make myself "feel better" by calling myself "curvy." I'm pretty sure those people can suck it! :drinker:

867134_4261.jpg
  • jdm_taco
    jdm_taco Posts: 999 Member
    Options

lol!!!

I like curvy but not heavy. Damn I love a fat a55 and little waist
  • likearadiowave
    likearadiowave Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Okay, I hear women all the time say that they're not overweight but "got curves." Some women who say this are so unhealthy. So, I thought to myself if women seem to think that being overweight is actually them being curvy what do guys think about a curvy woman? As in what do guys consider to be curves.

I happen to think curves are women who have an hourglass shape and are "thick" but not overweight. The actress "Scarlett Johansson" quickly comes to mind when I think of curves.

I know guys say a confident woman makes them sexy, is that the case when an overweight woman thinks she's sexy and doesn't try to start being healthy?

And what do the women on MFP think?

I don't mean to offend anyone on here whatsoever, I am overweight and working towards my healthy lifestyle. I don't call myself curvy because I don't consider my extra weight curves. So, I feel comfortable thinking out loud with this thought.

A curvy woman is a woman who is not made out of polygons and right angles.
  • jbwilliams888
    Options
    PS- I've lost 88 pounds. I'm still about 60-70 pounds overweight. I consider myself curvy. I know plenty of other people that consider me curvy. I'm sure there are PLEEEEEEEEENTY of people that would consider me a lazy fat *kitten* that is just trying to make myself "feel better" by calling myself "curvy." I'm pretty sure those people can suck it! :drinker:

867134_4261.jpg

• SoViLicious
    Options

If you think, after posting that comment, that your six pack will make you immune to the attack of MFP's women, you are in for a a big surprise!

Meh I smell catfish and he reeks.
  • DesiraeDoll11
    Options

So what do you call a fat girl who is eating right and working out 6 days a week? I mean is she still lazy or is she just "Curvy"?

She is striving to be healthy! She isn't making excuses, she's doing work! All positive things.
  • SoViLicious
    Options

867134_4261.jpg

Back off bro....she's mine!
  • Mother_Superior
    Mother_Superior Posts: 1,624 Member
    Options
    Curvy Woman [kur-vee woom-uhn] (curvy - adjective, woman - noun) -

1. a female human being who is just smothered in parabola.
    2. an indefinable creature of near mythical proportions, as it would seem to mean something different to every person in the world.