Beginning Nov 1, 2019, the free version of the diary will only save data for last two years

Options
12346»

Replies

• kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,940 Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Curiosity got the better of me and I came up with a way to export your entire food diary in one fell swoop. You just need to know what date to start with. Takes a bit of time, creates a CSV file. I need to put some finishing touches on it and do a little more testing.

I need a way to make source code and an executable available, don't have a website to host it on.

@PAV8888 are you able to assist with that ^ ?
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,705 Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Curiosity got the better of me and I came up with a way to export your entire food diary in one fell swoop. You just need to know what date to start with. Takes a bit of time, creates a CSV file. I need to put some finishing touches on it and do a little more testing.

I need a way to make source code and an executable available, don't have a website to host it on.

Well, other than gihub or just a shared google drive, or onedrive , or dropbox file that people would run at their own risk, may I remind that @EvgeniZyntx used to, for years, have an MFP Data Export and Many Interesting Calculations Tool for Excel that would scrape the same food diary page. He was hosting it using his MFP blog and would link to it via the thread he had started and from his profile page on MFP: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/EvgeniZyntx/view/mfp-data-export-tool-the-overview-659927 (and as it turns out he is just hosting it as a publicly shared file from his dropbox).

Plus any of the many free ~1GB to ~10GB file hosting plans that allow for public file sharing. <-hmm, I should get with the times: seems that dropbox has restricted this? Never had an issue doing it with google drive myself. pcloud seems to do this. OK: and dropbox still allows sharing individual files via public link, just not a complete public folder.

Some vague ~2 years back the tool stopped being able to import arbitrary time ranges and became limited to 365 days. Subsequent to that it became unable to get 365 days and the number of days kept going down till the excel reports were devoid of real meaning since they were only looking at a month or so.
  • x7x7x7x
    x7x7x7x Posts: 24 Member
    edited March 2020
    Options
    I love how I just found this out today. I have a 2615 day streak on here, and MFP couldn't even give me the courtesy of an email to let me know that my pre-2018 data was going to disappear in October?
  • aussie_girl_del_runner_5
    Options
    I knew about this in Oct but I've just fine and checked and I still have all my data from when I joined in 2015.

Here is a random date in 2016. I can see everything.

Yes I'm on the free version, always have been.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,705 Member
    Options
    But obviously, given the announcement, there is zero guarantee that this will continue to be the case.

Or at least that's what they announced.
  • aussie_girl_del_runner_5
    Options
    Very true, I just thought it was interesting I still have my data.