Less Alcohol - NOVEMBER 2019 - One Day at a Time

Options

Replies

• MissMay
    MissMay Posts: 3,554 Member
    Options
    Came across this article. Sounds very appropriate for the upcoming weeks. Every little tidbit helps

How To Increase Your Drinking Tolerance (So You Don't Make an Azz of Yourself at a Holiday Party)https://gizmodo.com/how-to-increase-your-drinking-tolerance-so-you-dont-ma-5962095

Not real sure I like how they worded the title of the article. At first glance I took it as, Let's see how much we can drink and still stay upright.
    Ideally setting a sensible goal limit per day when drinking is to me, my safe bet.

1q0l3sk50h4m.jpg
  • MissMay
    Options
    Found out that I need to have surgery next Wednesday. Was freaked for a bit and I overdrank last night. It was a planned drinking night but I had 1 too many. Only ended up getting 5 hours of sleep. Ugh. Hoping to sleep more tonight!

I didnโ€™t really set a goal for myself this month but I like to keep the drinking days to 2x/week. Going to try to only drink two more days this month.

15/21 AF days

Sorry to hear you need to have surgery. Hope you will have a speedy recovery.๐Ÿ˜Š
  • looneycatblue
    looneycatblue Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    This has been an interesting week so far... my tumble on Saturday, then last night while just sitting in my chair, I felt the room spinning so much, I was afraid to move. My husband took me to the emergency room, they ran a battery of tests, gave me some fluids, even a CT scan, everything came back in the normal / good range, except potassium was pretty low. But they didn't think that would cause my dizziness. They are fairly certain it is Vertigo, I had never felt this before, except when I drank too much... and I have not had a drop or even a craving since Saturdays escapades. Have any of you had Vertigo before? I would be interested in hearing about your experiences with it. Better today, back to work tomorrow thank goodness.
  • looneycatblue
    Options
    @anglilacs I am sorry to hear that you need surgery, do you mind me asking what for? I hope everything goes well for you, any surgery is scary!
  • MissMay
    Options
    This has been an interesting week so far... my tumble on Saturday, then last night while just sitting in my chair, I felt the room spinning so much, I was afraid to move. My husband took me to the emergency room, they ran a battery of tests, gave me some fluids, even a CT scan, everything came back in the normal / good range, except potassium was pretty low. But they didn't think that would cause my dizziness. They are fairly certain it is Vertigo, I had never felt this before, except when I drank too much... and I have not had a drop or even a craving since Saturdays escapades. Have any of you had Vertigo before? I would be interested in hearing about your experiences with it. Better today, back to work tomorrow thank goodness.

Oh no that is very scary not to know what it is causing the dizziness. I have never had diagnosed vertigo, only some dizzieness if I need to eat and I am burning up calories faster than taking in fuel.

Maybe....just maybe your fall last week was more fault of the unknown dizzy spell and not so much alcohol. ๐Ÿค”
  • dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,576 Member
    Options
    My goal is 16-20 AF days for the month.
    I didn't get there in October, ended up with 10 or 11AF days. Daily drinking is so very easy to slip back into!

November 15 - AF
    November 16 - A bunch of red wine (not my drink of choice) at a girlfriend's who invited me for Lasagna. Although I had one glass or two glasses each night in Dallas, it made me feel lovely. Did not feel lovely, thought that I was going to puke, did not feel well in the morning.
    November 17 - AF
    November 18 - AF
    November 19 - Tuesday, 3 drinks. I like my decision to allow myself drinks on stressful Tuesdays, I haven't always had drinks on Tuesdays since starting this, but mostly.
    November 20 - AF - getting towards that 16-20 AF days : - )
    November 21 - AF - really really felt like having drinks, had a long stressful workday. I managed to resist.

Running tally 13AF days out of 21 days so far.
  • MissMay
    Options
    @dawnbgethealthy your last post was informative and frightening at the same time. I never, never knew it was a crystal in the inner ear. WOW! Not to mention an inner ear Guru knew how to dislodge it for you. You are extremely lucky to have been refered to him.

Congrats on your 4AF days in a row.
  • looneycatblue
    Options
    @dawnbgethealthy thank you so much for sharing your experience, it helped me to understand mine more. I think mine was also due to a crystal floating around, it was so sudden, no warning, lucky for me I was sitting at the time. I am back at work today, a little drained, and feeling a little off, but so much better. I don't know how you dealt with it for 6 months and then a second round. So good that you found a doctor that knew exactly how to help you!

@anglilacs I am way past TOMs. I am sorry that you also get Vertigo, what do you do to make it better? (I also have that problem if I am trying to enter replies on my phone, gets so frustrating!

@MissMay I know that I drank way too much on Saturday, maybe I also had a Vertigo episode at the time, but I think it was mostly due to the TQ. Maybe the fall dislodged the crystal??? Don't know, just know I don't want to experience either of these again.

Thank you everyone for your kind words and your shares. It is nice to know that I can come here to sound off sometimes, and I will get some great feedback from you. I hope I can be of some support to you too! <3
  • looneycatblue
    Options
    @MissMay Wow, what a terrible ordeal for you to go through! Punched, Choked, and then, just sorry, they were drinking too much, and expected to come back in the morning to open gifts!!! I totally understand you not wanting to be anywhere near them! Your Husband should understand this too, and support your mental health.

Something similar happened many moons ago between my 1st husband had his father, his father started drinking as soon as I left to go play bingo with his step Mom. Husband, and our 2 very young Sons stayed at the house. When we came back home from bingo, his father had him on the ground, punching and choking him, by boys were hiding out in one of the bedrooms... we packed up and drove home. 9 hour trip from Northern back down to Southern CA. We did not see him again after that, until his funeral.
  • dawnbgethealthy
    Options
    My goal is 16-20 AF days for the month.
    I didn't get there in October, ended up with 10 or 11AF days. Daily drinking is so very easy to slip back into!

November 15 - AF
    November 16 - A bunch of red wine (not my drink of choice) at a girlfriend's who invited me for Lasagna. Although I had one glass or two glasses each night in Dallas, it made me feel lovely. Did not feel lovely, thought that I was going to puke, did not feel well in the morning.
    November 17 - AF
    November 18 - AF
    November 19 - Tuesday, 3 drinks. I like my decision to allow myself drinks on stressful Tuesdays, I haven't always had drinks on Tuesdays since starting this, but mostly.
    November 20 - AF - getting towards that 16-20 AF days : - )
    November 21 - AF - really really felt like having drinks, had a long stressful workday. I managed to resist.
    November 21 - 3 drinks - nope, haven't had 4AF days in a row yet since joining this challenge, hadn't really occurred to me. Kind of happy to get 2 in a row once in awhile though. I made a drink before I even got out of my work clothes today!

Running tally 13AF days out of 22 days so far.
  • dawnbgethealthy
    Options
    @looneycatblue

Wow, how traumatizing for your sons!! So sorry that happened!
    I am curious to know now how your sons view alcohol, I expect that they are fully grown now. Do they ever talk about the incident?
    Yikes!
  • dawnbgethealthy
    Options
    @ellie117
    Yes, the weight thing. I think that it has a lot to do with what @MissMay was talking about, toxicity. The body and liver is so busy dealing with the booze that it fails to process anything else.