Options

Replies

• MissMay
    MissMay Posts: 3,554 Member
    edited November 2019
    Options
    @dawnbgethealthy --- in this part of your post the other day
    -November 16 - A bunch of red wine-
    I misread A as A the abbreviation for alcohol. And was looking quickly for another A.
    One in a row, two in a row or three....all good 😊
  • MissMay
    Options
    @whitpauly that sounds horrible to have a drinking dream. More like a nightmare. At least you knew it was a dream. When I drank heavy I would not be able to tell if it were a dream or not. 🤐
  • MissMay
    Options
    ellie117 wrote: »
    Really struggling this month. October I went completely sober with my husband, and November we aimed to drink but much less than we used to. Unfortunately I have not been able to stick with it. No surprise my weight has gone up and my craving for bad/excessive foods have as well. Mentally my mood has been all over the place, and my only comfort still seems to be high-calorie, fatty foods that don't fit into my daily goals.

Thinking about going drastic for 2020 and being completely sober. I don't know if I can/want to do so, but it seems to be the most effective thing for steady weight loss and maintenance :/

All our bodies are different and react different when cutting back and wanting to drop the pounds. Don't lose faith yet.
  • whitpauly
    whitpauly Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    MissMay wrote: »
    Drinking sucks. It's a poison that can kill someone physically, emotionally and spiritually.

Welcome @Whydahdad71. It, like so many other things we put into our bodies are known to take a toll on us if we allow it to become out of control. That is why we choose to have less. Being mindful and responsible for our liquid consumptions.

Well said 💗 6:36 am in Vegas another 24,hope everyone has a wonderful day!
  • dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    @looneycatblue

Wow, how traumatizing for your sons!! So sorry that happened!
    I am curious to know now how your sons view alcohol, I expect that they are fully grown now. Do they ever talk about the incident?
    Yikes!

They were very young, 3 and 5, we never talked about it again, I am not sure if they remember, maybe I should ask them. They are 36 and 39 now. My oldest is very conservative, he enjoys making specialty drinks for his friends, but doesn't drink much himself, I don't think that he has ever been drunk. My youngest has been more experimental, starting around 16, got into some trouble, nothing too serious. However at 18 he became his father's punching bag, this was my last straw, and we separated and divorced. Unfortunately about 2 years later my Sons father passed away. My boys had and still have many emotions that they need to work through. Thank you for asking.

Oh geez, so it cycled, your ex's father beat him up, and then he did the same to his son, your boy.
    Thank you so much for sharing with us.
    Big hugs.
  • MissMay
    Options
    jc4meandu wrote: »
    i drank alcohol as a teenager and into my late 20's. I stopped drinking any alcohol March 5th 2001. Unfortunately I have struggled not with alcohol but food as a comfort. I was recently diagnosed with type 2 diabetes so it has really been a blessing in a odd way.

Welcome @jc4meandu. You have had more than your share of struggles in your life and also the sadness of seeing loved ones die from alcohol.
    Luckily you have picked a better path and your making room for a better you. Thank you for sharing.

• jc4meandu
    jc4meandu Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Yes ma’am God bless you. Ty ✝️
  • dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    My goal is 16-20 AF days for the month.
    I didn't get there in October, ended up with 10 or 11AF days. Daily drinking is so very easy to slip back into!

November 15 - AF
    November 16 - A bunch of red wine (not my drink of choice) at a girlfriend's who invited me for Lasagna. Although I had one glass or two glasses each night in Dallas, it made me feel lovely. Did not feel lovely, thought that I was going to puke, did not feel well in the morning.
    November 17 - AF
    November 18 - AF
    November 19 - Tuesday, 3 drinks. I like my decision to allow myself drinks on stressful Tuesdays, I haven't always had drinks on Tuesdays since starting this, but mostly.
    November 20 - AF - getting towards that 16-20 AF days : - )
    November 21 - AF - really really felt like having drinks, had a long stressful workday. I managed to resist.
    November 22 - 3 drinks - nope, haven't had 4AF days in a row yet since joining this challenge, hadn't really occurred to me. Kind of happy to get 2 in a row once in awhile though. I made a drink before I even got out of my work clothes today!
    November 23 - AF - 7 days left in the month only! That went by fast.

Running tally 14AF days out of 23 days so far.