Options

Replies

• polskagirl01
    polskagirl01 Posts: 2,010 Member
    Options
    mbaker566 wrote: »
    I got it done.
    I'm glad i have people to hold me accountable.
    It took awhile to find my stride. 2 miles is short. But i did it.
    cgjw9eqhqxfv.jpg
    Thank you guys

Great! What kind of fun thing are you doing for cross-training today?

@mbaker566 well done! I hope your cross-training is better then mine, which today will be ironing (grrr my family need to stop wearing clothes!)

I don't iron. i don't have clothes that need ironing. i may throw something in the dryer and tumble but that even is very rare :wink:

Dryers are not a thing anyone without a title to their name and a bank balance to match have here, due to the exhorbitant price of electricity. I rarely wear anything that needs ironing myself, since my lifestyle change I pretty much live in running/sports gear but my family is badly trained and gets mortally offended at the prospect of not wearing exactly what they want and it being pristine and wrinkle-free. My fault for allowing them to expect it, the same as everything else related to housework, cooking, etc., but if I dare to suggest they do it themselves then I'm that witch we were talking about the other day. **sigh**

I don't own a dryer, either. I do find I'm a LOT better at keeping up with laundry when I have to hang it up. Fortunately washers have faster spin cycles and stuff dries relatively quickly.
    I'm sorry you get stuck with extra stuff to do and it sounds like not much appreciation around the house.
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    Thankfully, we have a gas dryer. Way cheaper than electric. :)
  • greenolivetree
    greenolivetree Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    @shanaber Any kind of antihistamine whether it's Benadryl or a non-drowsy long-acting antihistamine gives me horrible dry mouth. I hope that's not the case for you but you may need extra water or something to suck on like Ludens if you get so dry it's hard to swallow :#

@eleanorhawkins I hate ironing and my husband likes his shirts ironed. I occasionally try to get a weeks worth done but usually I iron his shirt for the day after I make his breakfast before 6am :* He's not a butt about it or anything but I'm always putting others first.

I ran 2 miles on the treadmill after work. Maybe tomorrow I'll get outside but I have a couple of maintenance guys coming, one any time after 8am and the other around 1pm, so who knows how that will work out.
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,979 Member
    Options
    @T1DCarnivoreRunner Yuck! I'm glad you didn't step in it too. I usually feel really sorry for road kill.

@shanaber I have not guidance re Zyrtec, but I think I would go back and try to identify the plant. That might help you decide the best course of action to take. Hope it doesn't affect your race.

@eleanorhawkins Now I understand. I guess, as we all do, I assumed that your situation was similar to myself and those I am close to. (At least I hope I am not the only one who does this.) I grew up without a dryer, but really would have a hard time without one, now that I am used to it. It is hard to change a situation once it is ingrained in the family dynamic. It's possible. But it's hard. Good luck to you.

@PastorVincent Cuddler is adorable!
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    You probably do not mean that for me. I am just a crusty old man.

• mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options

I think me. Cuddler is my old girl
  • TheMrWobbly
    TheMrWobbly Posts: 2,531 Member
    edited November 2019
    Options
    Sadly my Browns running shoes are going to have to be put to one side. I bought them about 3 years ago as a pair to keep in another office so flying between I could stick to carry on baggage. At the time I was much heavier and not running at all. It turns out these are neutral and I pronate which is giving a pain in the inside of my left ankle especially. I want to go hunting for a new pair however I think I will go back to my Asics until Christmas and see if there are any gift cards under the tree. Normally I end up giving gift cards to my children or not using them at all. I wonder how much shops make from idiots like me not spending them?
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,979 Member
    Options

I think me. Cuddler is my old girl
    Yes @mbaker566. I did mean you. She is adorable. @PastorVincent , I'll bet Mrs. Vincent thinks you are a cute cuddler too! ;)

They cut down a bunch of trees next to the "secret military base" in the woods :/ looks like they've cleared a little plot out for something. Hmmm.
    Isn't it funny how they are never really secret. You'll have to keep us updated on what they seem to be doing. :smile:

Thanks @PastorVincent I'm not sure I am to the point that I need a hydration pack, but am hoping to get up to a HM next year. Will probably need it next summer, so may just make that a Christmas wish list item.
  • Teresa502
    Teresa502 Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    November Goal – 100 miles

Nov 2 – 5 miles
    Nov 3 – 10 miles for @MobyCarp
    Nov 4 – 5 miles
    Nov 6 – 5.16 miles
    Nov 7 – 5.18 miles
    Nov 8 – 3.30 miles
    Nov 9 – 10.42 miles
    Nov 11 – 5.26 miles – Hug a Runner 5K challenge – Day 1
    Nov 12 – 3.30 miles – Hug a Runner 5K challenge – Day 2
    Nov 13 – 3.20 miles – Hug a Runner 5K challenge – Day 3
    Nov 14 – 3.21 miles – Hug a Runner 5K challenge – Day 4
    Nov 15 – 6.50 miles – Hug a Runner 5K challenge – Day 5
    Nov 16 – 3.22 miles – Hug a Runner 5K challenge – Day 6
    Nov 17 – 3.20 miles – Hug a Runner 5K challenge – Day 7
    Nov 18 – 5.14 miles – Hug a Runner 5K challenge – Day 8
    Nov 19 – 5.06 miles – Hug a Runner 5k challenge – Day 9
    Nov 20 – 5.28 miles – Hug a Runner 5k challenge – Day 10 – Finished!
    Nov 22 – 3.59 miles

Monthly Total – 91.02 miles
    YTD – 1,047.72 miles

Missed most of the rain this morning. Just a few sprinkles and it’s been raining non-stop since then. Supposed to continue through tomorrow. May delay long run until Sunday.

@katharmonic – your running streak is getting right up there with @AlphaHowls! Good luck with your Spartan – hope it’s a fun one!

@shanaber – Good luck with your half this weekend!
  • polskagirl01
    polskagirl01 Posts: 2,010 Member
    Options
    They cut down a bunch of trees next to the "secret military base" in the woods :/ looks like they've cleared a little plot out for something. Hmmm.
    Isn't it funny how they are never really secret. You'll have to keep us updated on what they seem to be doing. :smile:
    We call it that, but I'm not sure it's technically "secret", as the trails around it are used by a lot of local people. It definitely LOOKS abandoned. However, my husband and child have seen it in use, and were quickly told to turn around and leave the area. There are no-trespassing signs and (old) fences and I'm pretty sure cameras on the place, so I pretty much just keep moving when I'm going through there. We did release a mouse nearby once (that we had caught in our house). The little guy took off in a straight line towards the fence, so he's probably living there too now. I'd love to explore, but also don't want to get arrested :D