November 2019 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• polskagirl01
    polskagirl01 Posts: 2,010 Member
    Options
    @polskagirl01 You saw some very interesting things on your run/during your day. I have been running on the treadmill lately, just because of time constraints and darkness, so nothing interesting on my "route."

To be honest I'm kinda scared to leave the house now. Who knows what other weird stuff is out there! ;) But alas, gotta pick up the kiddos from school.
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,391 Member
    Options
    So in memory of my Mum, who we said our final farewells to a year ago today, I have registered for my first ever marathon in April 2020. My daughter has joined me. I know this is a mere stroll for many of you however the picture below (which may offend or disgust) was me in May this year. I do love a challenge!
    wotu2i9dqrbd.jpg
    @TheMrWobbly - no disgust or offense. Many of us have been there. Just think how great it will be to have that before and after picture once you hit your goal! I think getting in shape and running a marathon is a great tribute to your mum!
    Also I love your profile picture/meme!

@mbaker566 - have you considered getting a used treadmill? Sometimes you can find barely used ones pretty inexpensively. Then it would be right there when you are contemplating not running because it is too cold outside and you really don't want to drive to the gym.
  • JulieS3103
    JulieS3103 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    @dreamer12151 I found the Trail Sisters group online, it's a facebook group :) if you search trail sisters waukesha it should pop up and then you just need to request to join. It's all paces and a pretty nice group of ladies. @mbaker566 I'm going to try my first Kenosha running company event this Saturday in Lake Geneva. I'm in Salem so we can definitely meet up sometime. I signed up for my first 50k, I'm doing Hennepin in October and a couple of timed races too.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    JulieS3103 wrote: »
    @dreamer12151 I found the Trail Sisters group online, it's a facebook group :) if you search trail sisters waukesha it should pop up and then you just need to request to join. It's all paces and a pretty nice group of ladies. @mbaker566 I'm going to try my first Kenosha running company event this Saturday in Lake Geneva. I'm in Salem so we can definitely meet up sometime. I signed up for my first 50k, I'm doing Hennepin in October and a couple of timed races too.

Brian and his team are nice people. i try to do their races when i can. especially the canicross races.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    shanaber wrote: »
    So in memory of my Mum, who we said our final farewells to a year ago today, I have registered for my first ever marathon in April 2020. My daughter has joined me. I know this is a mere stroll for many of you however the picture below (which may offend or disgust) was me in May this year. I do love a challenge!
    wotu2i9dqrbd.jpg
    @TheMrWobbly - no disgust or offense. Many of us have been there. Just think how great it will be to have that before and after picture once you hit your goal! I think getting in shape and running a marathon is a great tribute to your mum!
    Also I love your profile picture/meme!

@mbaker566 - have you considered getting a used treadmill? Sometimes you can find barely used ones pretty inexpensively. Then it would be right there when you are contemplating not running because it is too cold outside and you really don't want to drive to the gym.

i don't really have a place to put it. but i wish
    and i don't mind the cold. it's that our sidewalks and trails get iced over and it's not safe to run.
  • Teresa502
    Teresa502 Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    @polskagirl01 You saw some very interesting things on your run/during your day. I have been running on the treadmill lately, just because of time constraints and darkness, so nothing interesting on my "route."

To be honest I'm kinda scared to leave the house now. Who knows what other weird stuff is out there! ;) But alas, gotta pick up the kiddos from school.

Especially those carrots and the broccoli! :D
  • polskagirl01
    Options
    Teresa502 wrote: »

Especially those carrots and the broccoli! :D

Almost a whole salad! I think they must've fallen off of trucks.
  • polskagirl01
    Options
    mbaker566 wrote: »
    I got it done.
    I'm glad i have people to hold me accountable.
    It took awhile to find my stride. 2 miles is short. But i did it.
    cgjw9eqhqxfv.jpg
    Thank you guys

Great! What kind of fun thing are you doing for cross-training today?