November 2019 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• ContraryMaryMary
    ContraryMaryMary Posts: 1,649 Member
    Options
    Teresa502 wrote: »
    On Friday night, I ran the Light the Way 5K held at Dollywood in Pigeon Forge, Tennessee. We rented a cabin in the mountains and made it into a girls’ weekend trip.
    aqsrgvb51qm0.jpg
    Packet pick-up was held at Splash Country which is closed for the season so parking was easy and the pick-up process was well organized and quick. In addition to the race shirt in the packet we also had a light-up Rudolph nose and a jingle bell necklace. The race started at 11:19 pm in one of the parking lots outside the park. It was around 35F so not too chilly. There were probably as many walkers as there were runners. It had a very generous cut-off time. All participants had to be finished by 1:00 a.m. We decided to take our time and enjoy the lights so we fell in towards the back of the crowd but then decided we would run a bit to get warm. This was easier said than done however since we were behind a lot of walkers and had to weave around them. The parking lot portion of the run was rather boring but once we were turned into the park there were lights everywhere and it was beautiful.
    51hjmemtdjgq.jpg
    I was disappointed that the course was short. (My non-runner co-workers do not understand the disappointment.) My Garmin read 2.80 when I crossed the finish line and my friends had similar distances so it wasn’t just me. The snack table had a good spread with an assortment of cookies, apples, bananas, granola bars, chocolate milk, juice and water.
    uebjfj3swil6.jpg

Totally get feeling ripped off by the short course, however it looks like a fun event and a great excuse for a girls’ weekend.
  • polskagirl01
    polskagirl01 Posts: 2,010 Member
    Options
    @mbaker566 This is exactly why I need a GF or wife... to "nag" me to be a better person.

But, but... I thought nagging made us into horrible witches!
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    @mbaker566 This is exactly why I need a GF or wife... to "nag" me to be a better person.

But, but... I thought nagging made us into horrible witches!

Depends on who you ask, I suppose. I don't speak for all men, after all.
  • noblsheep
    noblsheep Posts: 584 Member
    edited November 2019
    Options
    1119-5.2k total 56.4k goal-100k

Slow recovery run this morning. Not much to report.

-1 this morning. slept on the sofa due to a poorly child but still got up and went out. So feeling pretty positive, I took it slow with ice on the ground, have been given the frosty garmin badge.

(I dont pay any attention to garmin virtual badges normally but have noticed there is also a toasty badge for running in 100f. Part of me thinks this cant be a good idea by garmin).

Noticed that too last year when Garmin gave me my frosty badge. I dunno about anybody else, but I for one am not stepping outside for a run in 100F weather for anything.
  • Teresa502
    Teresa502 Posts: 1,709 Member
    edited November 2019
    Options
    kirstymn wrote: »

@Teresa502 What a fun looking race! I love Christmas lights, but because it's summer down here it doesn't get dark until 9-10pm we don't get to enjoy them as much as you northern folk. I also get annoyed when a race is short - I've been known to pause my watch at the finish, collect my medal, then finish the distance when I get out of the chute :)

That's exactly what I did too!!
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    November Goal – 100 miles

Nov 2 – 5 miles
    Nov 3 – 10 miles for @MobyCarp
    Nov 4 – 5 miles
    Nov 6 – 5.16 miles
    Nov 7 – 5.18 miles
    Nov 8 – 3.30 miles
    Nov 9 – 10.42 miles
    Nov 11 – 5.26 miles – Hug a Runner 5K challenge – Day 1
    Nov 12 – 3.30 miles – Hug a Runner 5K challenge – Day 2
    Nov 13 – 3.20 miles – Hug a Runner 5K challenge – Day 3
    Nov 14 – 3.21 miles – Hug a Runner 5K challenge – Day 4
    Nov 15 – 6.50 miles – Hug a Runner 5K challenge – Day 5
    Nov 16 – 3.22 miles – Hug a Runner 5K challenge – Day 6
    Nov 17 – 3.20 miles – Hug a Runner 5K challenge – Day 7
    Nov 18 – 5.14 miles – Hug a Runner 5K challenge – Day 8
    Nov 19 – 5.06 miles – Hug a Runner 5k challenge – Day 9

It was a nice 38F this morning. Yesterday, when I agreed to meet my friend who is also doing the 5K challenge we both agreed that we only wanted 3.1 miles. But old habits die hard so we set out on our usual 5 mile route only difference was we ran it in reverse today.

Monthly Total – 82.15 miles
    YTD – 1,038.85 miles

Sooooo how many hugs so far?
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,959 Member
    edited November 2019
    Options
    @katharmonic Sounds like you're doing great! I love the boldness of the outfit!

@username301 Hope your child is feeling better today!

@TheMrWobbly Sorry for your loss. That is an impressive way to honor her memory.

• Teresa502
    Teresa502 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    November Goal – 100 miles

Nov 2 – 5 miles
    Nov 3 – 10 miles for @MobyCarp
    Nov 4 – 5 miles
    Nov 6 – 5.16 miles
    Nov 7 – 5.18 miles
    Nov 8 – 3.30 miles
    Nov 9 – 10.42 miles
    Nov 11 – 5.26 miles – Hug a Runner 5K challenge – Day 1
    Nov 12 – 3.30 miles – Hug a Runner 5K challenge – Day 2
    Nov 13 – 3.20 miles – Hug a Runner 5K challenge – Day 3
    Nov 14 – 3.21 miles – Hug a Runner 5K challenge – Day 4
    Nov 15 – 6.50 miles – Hug a Runner 5K challenge – Day 5
    Nov 16 – 3.22 miles – Hug a Runner 5K challenge – Day 6
    Nov 17 – 3.20 miles – Hug a Runner 5K challenge – Day 7
    Nov 18 – 5.14 miles – Hug a Runner 5K challenge – Day 8
    Nov 19 – 5.06 miles – Hug a Runner 5k challenge – Day 9

It was a nice 38F this morning. Yesterday, when I agreed to meet my friend who is also doing the 5K challenge we both agreed that we only wanted 3.1 miles. But old habits die hard so we set out on our usual 5 mile route only difference was we ran it in reverse today.

Monthly Total – 82.15 miles
    YTD – 1,038.85 miles

Sooooo how many hugs so far?

Way too many to count!!!