November 2019 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• somum
    somum Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much @emmamcgarity! Today I tried the spin bike so cycling feels ok but it was all in the saddle and I elevated and iced using RICE method. Hoping tomorrow I can get some road work in-maybe 😊
  • somum
    Options
    @emmamcgarity I hope you get plenty of rest as well and heal quickly! I tend to have tight hip flexors so I’m rolling and know now being off season I need to work on strength training which can help with road work and hopefully for the Shamrock prove to be an awesome race! Thanks again for all the love and support from everyone!
  • emmamcgarity
    emmamcgarity Posts: 1,594 Member
    Options
    somum wrote: »
    @emmamcgarity I hope you get plenty of rest as well and heal quickly! I tend to have tight hip flexors so I’m rolling and know now being off season I need to work on strength training which can help with road work and hopefully for the Shamrock prove to be an awesome race! Thanks again for all the love and support from everyone!
    Thanks! I’m thinking this is related to hip flexors. It’s the same side as the hip injury I had a few months back. I really need to put more effort into strength training. I’m considering training for my first half and a Shamrock race has my interest as well....
  • somum
    Options
    Ok so this community is SUPER AWESOME! I am still trying to get thru all the posts and truly am at a lost for words of all the love and support! Merci for all your kind words! You all are a blessing and inspiration and with that I recalled on more than just my physical training on yesterday as I pushed past the pain and recalled all the words from all on this forum and in my personal life from mentors knowing I could and would finish strong!
  • somum
    Options
    r5d9w0l7vco4.jpeg
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    somum wrote: »
    r5d9w0l7vco4.jpeg

This is so true. Running is like 90% a mental sport.
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    Found this thread a tad late. I'm trying to get back into running. I was doing really well last year until I went on vacation then stopped working out all together. I just recently learned how to run on my toes and not get horrible shin splints. I can honestly say that I now look forward to running at the gym now that I can go and not be so sore the next day. Took me a little bit to figure out and I have to work on my stamina, but I will get there :)

Welcome!
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,391 Member
    Options
    @samthepanda - welcome back!
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    No run Sunday, my husband and I both have colds. Hoping to get a run in Monday.

@noblsheep Congratulations on your 10k, that many people crossing the start line sounds wild!

@ContraryMaryMary Great job on your race, those slippery rocks scare me!
  • Camaramandy648
    Camaramandy648 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Question for Ladies!

Best sports bra for running that doesn't dig in but gets the job done?

I tried to keep this question as generic as possible without too much detail since I know this is a co-ed forum. ;)