November 2019 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• TheMrWobbly
    TheMrWobbly Posts: 2,531 Member
    Options
    Have a great run @somum

Wore new support socks today and my longest toe on each foot feel like they want to explode. I won't be using them again!
  • somum
    somum Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Thanks again Runners for your love and support! Ps. I didn’t take many pics but will have my medal and race blanket that was given at the finish line.
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    @somum Sorry about your ankle! Ugh they are the worse, take forever to heal, but you earned your medal and rest! Well done!
  • Camaramandy648
    Camaramandy648 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Lifting and long run today. I met my goal of getting started earlier so the entire day wouldn’t be eaten up with running. I didn’t take the dog because she puked last weekend and I promised her Id take her on a short, easy run tomorrow.

Total of 7.64 miles today! I only planned on 7, but per the usual, I was having fun and sort of exploring and then realized I didn’t know exactly where I was.... I worked on my pace a little but it is so hard for me to care about pace on a trail with a lot of changes in elevation. Plus I had already lifted and my legs were getting tired. I ran on the paved, flat trail for a little bit to see if I was faster on that surface and it shaved actual minutes off the splits. I went from 19 to 15 just from switching and that was with frequent stops to take pictures. I also found a deer, who met my gaze after I said hello. We stared at each other for a while and after several seconds, took off running in opposite directions. It was really quite a bit of fun but now I need to figure out what to eat. I don’t even feel that hungry....
  • Camaramandy648
    Options
    Lifting and long run today. I met my goal of getting started earlier so the entire day wouldn’t be eaten up with running. I didn’t take the dog because she puked last weekend and I promised her Id take her on a short, easy run tomorrow.

Total of 7.64 miles today! I only planned on 7, but per the usual, I was having fun and sort of exploring and then realized I didn’t know exactly where I was.... I worked on my pace a little but it is so hard for me to care about pace on a trail with a lot of changes in elevation. Plus I had already lifted and my legs were getting tired. I ran on the paved, flat trail for a little bit to see if I was faster on that surface and it shaved actual minutes off the splits. I went from 19 to 15 just from switching and that was with frequent stops to take pictures. I also found a deer, who met my gaze after I said hello. We stared at each other for a while and after several seconds, took off running in opposite directions. It was really quite a bit of fun but now I need to figure out what to eat. I don’t even feel that hungry....
  • Camaramandy648
    Options

• Camaramandy648
    Options

• mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    edited November 2019
    Options
    @durhammfp
    Negatives
    You can use a chair or jump into pull up/chin up position
    akz31bng3dgi.gif
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,981 Member
    edited November 2019
    Options
    @somum Sorry about your ankle! Ugh they are the worse, take forever to heal, but you earned your medal and rest! Well done!
    ^^^Agreed.

@Camaramandy648 Sounds like a great run! Glad the deer went in the opposite direction and didn't start chasing you.

@PastorVincent Sorry your run didn't go as planned, but at least you were able to get out and run.

@shanaber Sorry life issues happened this week. Glad you were able to get in a couple of runs.

Today was a scheduled rest day. I mowed the lawn and blew the leaves off of the porches and driveway again. It won't be the last time either. Oh the joys of living in the middle of a stand of deciduous trees.
  • somum
    somum Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much @PastorVincent
  • durhammfp
    durhammfp Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    mbaker566 wrote: »
    @durhammfp
    Negatives
    You can use a chair or jump into pull up/chin up position
    akz31bng3dgi.gif

Cool! That looks like a very elegant way to do them. I see what you mean by lowering yourself down from one.

thanks @mbaker566
  • Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    Options
    Well done, @somum !!!
    Never easy to gut through an ankle.