November 2019 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    Question for Ladies!

Best sports bra for running that doesn't dig in but gets the job done?

I tried to keep this question as generic as possible without too much detail since I know this is a co-ed forum. ;)

I wear Brooks Juno. If you get them on sale from REI they aren’t as expensive. No underwire but it is really, really not going anywhere. I also tried on a bra at lululemon that I really liked which had similar design and support but was more comfortable and had a zip front.
  • eleanorhawkins
    eleanorhawkins Posts: 1,655 Member
    Options
    mbaker566 wrote: »
    sooo, i was wondering if someone would like to nag me.
    my husband used to nag me to run. now i have no one and motivation is not enough. but being a people pleaser, i would hate to disappoint someone so i'll run.
    what it would look like is i'd have a plan i'd share and if i don't run, i get nagged.
    bf refuses to nag me.
    speed demon is just as happy on the couch as on a run. cuddler is old and likes staying in more. current foster doesn't need to run. trying to put weight on her.
    long term goals, improve my mke marathon time and do the fall 50 next fall. probably find a 50k someplace inbetween.
    i like running but funk and laziness has made me not tie on my shoes.
    please :(
    tenor.gif

@mbaker566 as the mother of a teenager I am well practiced in the art of nagging and would be happy to nag/bully/cajole you if you think it would help!
  • Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    Options
    @mbaker566 I'm a little out of practice but I'll be glad to help:
    Run run run run run run run run run run!!!!!!
  • JMNagain
    JMNagain Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Seconded for decathlon - cheap, do the job, last for ages! (Actually thinking about it mine might be 8 years old...)
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options
    Question for Ladies!

I tried to keep this question as generic as possible without too much detail since I know this is a co-ed forum. ;)

I like Oiselle, Brooks, and Under Armour. Old Navy also has some that are similar to the UA ones and more affordable. Although I think this is one area, like shoes, that it's best to find what works for you and maybe spend a bit more to get the best for you.
  • polskagirl01
    polskagirl01 Posts: 2,010 Member
    edited November 2019
    Options
    Question for Ladies!

Also check out the discussion thread on this topic over in the Monthly Running Challenges group. I can't see how to link right to it from my phone, maybe someone else knows how?
    I just commented on it to hopefully bump it up the list.
  • Teresa502
    Teresa502 Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    November Goal – 100 miles

Nov 2 – 5 miles
    Nov 3 – 10 miles for @MobyCarp
    Nov 4 – 5 miles
    Nov 6 – 5.16 miles
    Nov 7 – 5.18 miles
    Nov 8 – 3.30 miles
    Nov 9 – 10.42 miles
    Nov 11 – 5.26 miles – Hug a Runner 5K challenge – Day 1
    Nov 12 – 3.30 miles – Hug a Runner 5K challenge – Day 2
    Nov 13 – 3.20 miles – Hug a Runner 5K challenge – Day 3
    Nov 14 – 3.21 miles – Hug a Runner 5K challenge – Day 4
    Nov 15 – 6.50 miles – Hug a Runner 5K challenge – Day 5
    Nov 16 – 3.22 miles – Hug a Runner 5K challenge – Day 6
    Nov 17 – 3.20 miles – Hug a Runner 5K challenge – Day 7
    Nov 18 – 5.14 miles – Hug a Runner 5K challenge – Day 8

Monthly Total – 77.09 miles
    YTD – 1,033.79 miles

A nice 39F for this morning's run!

@somum – I’m so sorry about your ankle and your race! So proud of you for finishing the race and not giving up!

@rheddmobile – Hope you’re cold is gone soon and your leg spasms disappear just as quickly!

@noblsheep – Congratulations on your 10K race!

@ContraryMaryMary – Sounds like a really tough course. Congratulations!
    @samthepanda – You can do it! Commit to a plan and hold yourself accountable through posting here!

@emmamcgarity – so glad you are being wise and waiting until your thigh/groin is 100% better. Per @MobyCarp you should then give it another day!

• mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    I know, @T1DCarnivoreRunner hinge guy won't nag me even though i asked. But i figure, someone here will. Now I just need to put together a plan
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,979 Member
    edited November 2019
    Options
    Tramboman wrote: »
    mbaker566 wrote: »
    I know, @T1DCarnivoreRunner hinge guy won't nag me even though i asked. But i figure, someone here will. Now I just need to put together a plan

You mean that plan isn't finished yet?
    Let's get busy!!!

Way to get the nagging started. LOL

@Teresa502 Sounds like a fun weekend. Glad you enjoyed the run, even if it was a little short. Wonder why they didn't start the race inside Dollywood so that the entire 5K would be inside the park? It really is pretty with all of the Christmas lights.
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    Teresa502 wrote: »
    On Friday night, I ran the Light the Way 5K held at Dollywood in Pigeon Forge, Tennessee. We rented a cabin in the mountains and made it into a girls’ weekend trip.
    aqsrgvb51qm0.jpg
    Packet pick-up was held at Splash Country which is closed for the season so parking was easy and the pick-up process was well organized and quick. In addition to the race shirt in the packet we also had a light-up Rudolph nose and a jingle bell necklace. The race started at 11:19 pm in one of the parking lots outside the park. It was around 35F so not too chilly. There were probably as many walkers as there were runners. It had a very generous cut-off time. All participants had to be finished by 1:00 a.m. We decided to take our time and enjoy the lights so we fell in towards the back of the crowd but then decided we would run a bit to get warm. This was easier said than done however since we were behind a lot of walkers and had to weave around them. The parking lot portion of the run was rather boring but once we were turned into the park there were lights everywhere and it was beautiful.
    51hjmemtdjgq.jpg
    I was disappointed that the course was short. (My non-runner co-workers do not understand the disappointment.) My Garmin read 2.80 when I crossed the finish line and my friends had similar distances so it wasn’t just me. The snack table had a good spread with an assortment of cookies, apples, bananas, granola bars, chocolate milk, juice and water.
    uebjfj3swil6.jpg

Oh, we love Dollywood! We have not been there in a few years, and did not know about the 5k. Might do that one next year if I remember its existence!
  • katharmonic
    katharmonic Posts: 5,720 Member
    Options
    @Teresa502 that looks fun and very pretty! 11 pm - that would be a tough start time for me and require a lot of pre-gaming to stay up :) You and your friends look very festive. Glad you had a fun girls weekend.