November 2019 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    Photos from our Turkey Trot are up - this is my husband and me at the finish. I think this is the first photo I’ve ever seen of myself running where I wasn’t wearing sunglasses and you can see my eyes. I look so serious! By the way I love my jacket, the vents on the front zip open when you get hot and there are vents over the back, under the arms, and on the forearms.
    y3jgxcfw9bep.jpeg

Since @mbaker posted a shot of the donut line at her trot I got curious and looked at the photos to see if there was one of our line. This is about half of the donut line - the time stamp on this photo is 11:15 and the gun time was 9:30! By 11:15 I think my husband and I had gone home already!
    7ctj1wh5x2pk.jpeg

• noblsheep
    noblsheep Posts: 584 Member
    edited November 2019
    Options
    @mbaker566 it's the middle of the night and you've successfully made me want donuts! Congrats on your race and sorry about the little kids. Most races over here have a 16 year old age limit and I'm quite thankful for that :D
  • eleanorhawkins
    eleanorhawkins Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    @mbaker566 well done for getting out there. I want donuts too now 😂
  • polskagirl01
    polskagirl01 Posts: 2,014 Member
    Options
    Photos from our Turkey Trot are up - this is my husband and me at the finish. I think this is the first photo I’ve ever seen of myself running where I wasn’t wearing sunglasses and you can see my eyes. I look so serious! By the way I love my jacket, the vents on the front zip open when you get hot and there are vents over the back, under the arms, and on the forearms.
    y3jgxcfw9bep.jpeg

Since @mbaker posted a shot of the donut line at her trot I got curious and looked at the photos to see if there was one of our line. This is about half of the donut line - the time stamp on this photo is 11:15 and the gun time was 9:30! By 11:15 I think my husband and I had gone home already!
    7ctj1wh5x2pk.jpeg

I don't want donuts, but the people in that line look cold!
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    mbaker566 wrote: »
    noblsheep wrote: »
    @mbaker566 it's the middle of the night and you've successfully made me want donuts! Congrats on your race and sorry about the little kids. Most races over here have a 16 year old age limit and I'm quite thankful for that :D

they are very good donuts too made by a local bakery.

donuts for everyone!

You know I don't eat donuts... but back when I did, I would have totally been able to eat most of those!
  • Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    Options
    y3jgxcfw9bep.jpeg

7ctj1wh5x2pk.jpeg

Looks like you and your husband had a good Turkey Trots, too.
  • Teresa502
    Teresa502 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options
    @quilteryoyo – Beautiful waterfall. Glad you had a nice visit with your family.
    @rheddmobile and @mbaker566 – Congratulations on your races!
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 6,076 Member
    Options
    @dreamer12151 Glad you got out and did your own walk. Sorry you were feeling down. Hope the walk helped.

@rheddmobile Nice photo of you. I would not have stood in that line for a "free" donut either. I'd rather go have a nice breakfast somewhere.

Thanks @Teresa502 .

@kgirlhart Sounds like you had a great run. Either way, that's a fantastic time.
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 6,076 Member
    Options
    Great insight @kristym . I have my first real race in a long time this coming Saturday. My goal is to make myself run as I have trained and not obsess over time. We shall see.

Thanks for setting up the Dec thread @katharmonic !

@Tramboman Great job on your fastest 7K! Those faster runs always feel great.