"Don't lose any more weight!"

Options
1111213141517»

Replies

• ge105
    ge105 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    That's pretty mild really. My grandma tells me my SO is going to leave me if I lose any more cause I already don't have curves anymore. Yeah it's kind of annoying just like the comments about being too fat to find a guy in the first place were but I just try and laugh it off, what else can you do?
  • Aemely
    Aemely Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Answer: Thank you for the awesome compliment! Feel free to join me jogging anytime! :happy:
  • RHachicho
    RHachicho Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    Well honestly this depends from person to person. And bmi is a very poor yardstick for obesity. Honestly we only really use it because a better standard doesn't exist.

Honestly I think in your case it's over reacting. People don't like it when you change, even for the better. But if I saw someone who was on the path to anorexia you would bet your *kitten* id tell them to go eat something.
  • LINIA
    LINIA Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    (C & P )
    This is the best answer/reason:

"People with normal BMIs are abnormal in today's society. It's almost unusual to see someone who is a healthy weight"

I've heard this is a cultural issue (in the US) because we are so used to seeing people overweight. Someone at a normal, healthy weight may appear as "too skinny" to others.
  • RHachicho
    RHachicho Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    (C & P )
    This is the best answer/reason:

"People with normal BMIs are abnormal in today's society. It's almost unusual to see someone who is a healthy weight"

I've heard this is a cultural issue (in the US) because we are so used to seeing people overweight. Someone at a normal, healthy weight may appear as "too skinny" to others.

Or perhaps media and celebrities have taught us an unrealistic standard of healthy weight? there is that too.
  • meganjcallaghan
    meganjcallaghan Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    i have a friend who emails me asking for advice on how to lose weight, but then calls me anorexic every time she sees me.
  • CassieReannan
    CassieReannan Posts: 1,479 Member
    Options
    Yep, I get that comment all the time even before my goal weight. It's pretty annoying. There have been a few people question that I have an eating disorder because I pick healthier options and go out of my way to live healthier than them.
  • 70chevellegsp
    70chevellegsp Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I've been getting the comment pretty frequently and I really don't care. I just say 'thanks!', 'ok' or my favorite is a sarcastic "DONE!, I won't lose another pound now that we've talked!". The only person that would concern me with that comment would be my wife, because we've been at it together since January and have a good understanding of our path. Those comments to me are similar to me giving a rocket scientist advice :0 Anyway the one comment that concerns me (not bother), and I do address, is when people are concerned about my health. My nephew asked my daughter if I was sick and if everything was ok. Nice to know people care and I can understand. But in the end, it's my journey, I control it and it will end on my own terms. People will be people, don't let them get to you.