Less Alcohol - DECEMBER 2019 - One Day at a Time

Options

Replies

• LoveyChar
    LoveyChar Posts: 4,335 Member
    Options
    Words of wisdom, @NovusDies and @LoveyChar . Thank you for sharing.

The journaling [even though I had to hide it] and walking for hours got me through some really ugly patches in the past.
    I would even take a full bucket of water & a big sponge out into the back yard and throw that wet sponge against a tree as hard as I could, until I either ran out of anger or water. Beats the *kitten* out of drinking. The wet sponge method is best used if you live in Lower Boondock, or if you REALLY don't care if the neighbors think you are a loon.

No cracks about running chainsaws , @MissMay !! And stay strong during the invasion of the drink pushers....

Going back to AF beer for a few days, lest I get too comfortable with a little wine EVERY night. Tonight it's Belgian Chocolate tea with my panettone.

Some people keep their journals. I am not some people. I write it down, fill up the journal and throw it away. I don't want my loved ones reading all my frustrations, anxieties, insecurities after I pass. The tea sounds interesting and the panettone, oh my goodness...enjoy!
  • dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,556 Member
    Options
    My goal is 16-20 AF days for the month.
    I didn't get there in October, ended up with 10 or 11AF days
    November tally 19AF days out of 30 days.
    New month : - )

December 01 - 3 drinks
    December 02 - AF
    December 03 - 3 drinks, Tuesday.
    December 04 - AF - Time to rack up a few AF days before all of the holiday festivities. Or at least try to get back to 2AF days in between drinks days.
    December 05 - AF
    December 06 - 3 drinks - I felt them more than usual, just 2 AF days, but they really hit me. Mind you, I barely eat during the day when I am running around working. I am thinking of you @Womona when you say that they are hitting you more strongly since you have cut down. Many glasses of water since the drinks, and off to bed soon.
    December 07 - AF - had the urge several times, just waited it out.
    December 8 - A bunch of drinks starting with a tree decorating at a friend's place. Tried to keep it at a half shot per drink to stay less alcohol. Kind of lost track, but they were all very small. All good. Planning on AF tomorrow. Tuesday is yet to be seen.
    December 09 - AF
    December 10 - AF - Yes, it is a Tuesday, my designated drinks day, but I am having a very busy week and have a party to go to on Friday where I might have drinks, so skipping the drinks tonight.
    December 11 - AF - Really fought that urge many times after work, but stayed AF. Trying to rack a few up before all of the holiday parties.
    December 12 - AF. Made up a pot of Mulled Wine to take to the party tomorrow night. Tasted it a few times with a fraction of a teaspoon and adjusted the sugar, but am not counting that. I really wanted to have a few glasses of it because it tasted so good, but I will have some at the party tomorrow. AF 4 days in a row for the first time @MissMay!
    December 13 - Mulled wine. So glad that I didn't give in to it Thursday night while cooking it, because it tasted amazing having sat 24 hours. Feeling a bit foggy today (the 14th).
    December 14 - AF
    December 15 - 3 drinks. Started with the leftover mulled wine that wouldn't fit in the vessel to take to the party (2 or 3 ounces), then kind of went "well, not going to be an AF day. That is how it goes for me. AF tomorrow for sure.
    December 16 - AF
    December 17 - Tuesday, 3 drinks. I definitely eat more, and different things when I have alcohol, which is one of the very big reasons to decide to cut back. At my own pace. Your post about other ways to de-stress @MissMay is so lovely and important. I am still using booze to numb myself and relax after stressful days. For sure I understand that deprivation leads to bingeing, so I am not depriving myself by giving myself "drinks days" but I still think that I can do better. I still eat sandwiches, but I only eat 1/2 of one now, for instance. By cutting back on drinking I am limiting the days that I do it. Work in progress.
    December 18 - AF - Planning on Champagne at midnight at a party in Northern Idaho with some close friends on NYE. I have decided that I am going to make and bring hot spiced cider to have around the bonfire and leading up to midnight. Not a heavy drinking crowd. I won't be AF for the last night of the year, but I will be less alcohol. Yes, planning in advance.
    December 19 - 2 drinks. Extremely long work day, I didn't even have the energy to pour my 3rd drink.

Running Tally: 11 AF day out of 19 days so far.
  • MissMay
    MissMay Posts: 3,548 Member
    Options
    Do not like waking up to 11° weather outside like this morning.🤐

I will also add my 2 cents on sleep. When I would drink regularly and a lot, I had terrible sleeping habits. It was as if an alarm would go of in my head at the same time each night. And I would be completely awake.
    BUT, I would be awake mostly trying to recall what happened in the prevoius hours that I missed out on. Then when I remembered through the fog in my head an episode that was embarrassing, I would begin to get heart palpatations that kept me from getting to sleep because I thought I was having a heart attack and would die if I fell back to sleep. A vicious circle really.
    Now, I only need to remember to close the heat vent in the bdrm so the room is cooler. If it is to warm it wil most definitely wake me and ruin my shut eye.

Have a fantastic day (or evening depending on what part of the world you are in).
  • LoveyChar
    edited December 2019
    Options
    Drinking wine, well... I caved, but...I'm human and I'm enjoying the wine. I think, for me, everything is fine as long as what I'm doing doesn't affect everyone else and I can still accomplish my goals. I feel like I let myself or y'all down. I'm sorry. I'm still here and not going anywhere. I hope you all have a wonderful weekend.

@dawnbgethealthy I agree with you that deprivation leads to binging. And...also that we are all works in progress...
  • MissMay
    Options
    LoveyChar wrote: »
    Drinking wine, well... I caved, but...I'm human and I'm enjoying the wine. I think, for me, everything is fine as long as what I'm doing doesn't affect everyone else and I can still accomplish my goals. I feel like I let myself or y'all down. I'm sorry. I'm still here and not going anywhere. I hope you all have a wonderful weekend.

@dawnbgethealthy I agree with you that deprivation leads to binging. And...also that we are all works in progress...

It's all good @LoveyChar. You have not let any of us down. Enjoy you glass of wine. Cheers Hun.
  • MissMay
    Options
    It's the Friday night before Christmas and I've got two weeks off work ahead... And I haven't opened the bottle of wine someone gave me yesterday. I make that 13 AF days so far in december so far.

😊😊😊
  • MissMay
    Options
    @marcvb35 .....APRIL 2ND! WOW that is impressive. Congrats on your AF day you deserve a huge applause.
  • dawnbgethealthy
    Options

December 01 - 3 drinks
    December 02 - AF
    December 04 - AF - Time to rack up a few AF days before all of the holiday festivities. Or at least try to get back to 2AF days in between drinks days.
    December 05 - AF
    December 06 - 3 drinks - I felt them more than usual, just 2 AF days, but they really hit me. Mind you, I barely eat during the day when I am running around working. I am thinking of you @Womona when you say that they are hitting you more strongly since you have cut down. Many glasses of water since the drinks, and off to bed soon.
    December 8 - A bunch of drinks starting with a tree decorating at a friend's place. Tried to keep it at a half shot per drink to stay less alcohol. Kind of lost track, but they were all very small. All good. Planning on AF tomorrow. Tuesday is yet to be seen.
    December 09 - AF
    December 10 - AF - Yes, it is a Tuesday, my designated drinks day, but I am having a very busy week and have a party to go to on Friday where I might have drinks, so skipping the drinks tonight.
    December 11 - AF - Really fought that urge many times after work, but stayed AF. Trying to rack a few up before all of the holiday parties.
    December 12 - AF. Made up a pot of Mulled Wine to take to the party tomorrow night. Tasted it a few times with a fraction of a teaspoon and adjusted the sugar, but am not counting that. I really wanted to have a few glasses of it because it tasted so good, but I will have some at the party tomorrow. AF 4 days in a row for the first time @MissMay!
    December 13 - Mulled wine. So glad that I didn't give in to it Thursday night while cooking it, because it tasted amazing having sat 24 hours. Feeling a bit foggy today (the 14th).
    December 14 - AF
    December 15 - 3 drinks. Started with the leftover mulled wine that wouldn't fit in the vessel to take to the party (2 or 3 ounces), then kind of went "well, not going to be an AF day. That is how it goes for me. AF tomorrow for sure.
    December 16 - AF
    December 17 - Tuesday, 3 drinks. I definitely eat more, and different things when I have alcohol, which is one of the very big reasons to decide to cut back. At my own pace. Your post about other ways to de-stress @MissMay is so lovely and important. I am still using booze to numb myself and relax after stressful days. For sure I understand that deprivation leads to bingeing, so I am not depriving myself by giving myself "drinks days" but I still think that I can do better. I still eat sandwiches, but I only eat 1/2 of one now, for instance. By cutting back on drinking I am limiting the days that I do it. Work in progress.
    December 18 - AF - Planning on Champagne at midnight at a party in Northern Idaho with some close friends on NYE. I have decided that I am going to make and bring hot spiced cider to have around the bonfire and leading up to midnight. Not a heavy drinking crowd. I won't be AF for the last night of the year, but I will be less alcohol. Yes, planning in advance.
    December 19 - 2 drinks. Extremely long work day, I didn't even have the energy to pour my 3rd drink.
    December 20 - AF - Made a batch of mulled cider as a tester for a substitute to yummy mulled wine. It turned out pretty good and got me past a craving.

Running Tally: 12 AF day out of 20 days so far.
  • dawnbgethealthy
    Options
    puwh2r1oo5fo.png

no4j4upj4rfr.png
  • dawnbgethealthy
    Options
    Good going @marcvb35 !!
  • dawnbgethealthy
    Options
    LoveyChar wrote: »

Sorry that you feel that you let yourself down by having some wine. You certainly didn't let us down.
    We are all just trying to moderate our eating habits on MFP, and our drinking habits by being on this forum and drinking less.
    Let us know how you feel tomorrow ; - )
  • LoveyChar
    Options
    I feel fine today. Hubby and I had fun last night. Drinks, yes, with good movies and we enjoyed each other's company. Today AF and we shopped all day, like 7-8 hours. So not fun, but I'm glad it's over. I'm exhausted... calling it an early night today. Hope everyone is having a nice weekend...
  • dawnbgethealthy
    Options
    So, shopping for 7-8 hours seems extreme lol.
    I suppose that it is due to the time of year. Hope that you are all stocked up now and have no more shopping to do except for a few forgotten items.
  • dawnbgethealthy
    Options

December 01 - 3 drinks
    December 02 - AF
    December 05 - AF
    December 09 - AF
    December 14 - AF
    December 16 - AF
    December 20 - AF - Made a batch of mulled cider as a tester for a substitute to yummy mulled wine. It turned out pretty good and got me past a craving.
    December 21 - 3 drinks. Delayed 6 times and was in situations where drinks were offered, and then finally...caved. I have at least 4 more drinks days planned before the month is over (including NYE) so I really hope to scramble together at least 4 more AF days before the month is over. Made up a giant pot of Mulled wine for 2 of those, but didn't have any, just a quick taste and yet again needed to add more sugar. It is mulling, as am I.

Running Tally: 12 AF day out of 21 days so far.
  • LoveyChar
    Options
    So, shopping for 7-8 hours seems extreme lol.
    I suppose that it is due to the time of year. Hope that you are all stocked up now and have no more shopping to do except for a few forgotten items.

It's due to waiting until the last minute...
  • MissMay
    Options
    @dawnbgethealthy your mulled cider brewing or mulling (which ever is the correct term) looks delish. And that beautiful stem ware you teased us with.... GOURGOUS! I had iced tea last night in festive Christmas stem ware while people were over and they knew no better that it was AF. Lol

Did you suffer Christmas shopping headache @LoveyChar ?, UGH. 🤕