Less Alcohol - DECEMBER 2019 - One Day at a Time

Options

Replies

• MissMay
    MissMay Posts: 3,548 Member
    Options
    Lost my darn long post!

Any ways.........everyone have a great day.
  • LoveyChar
    LoveyChar Posts: 4,335 Member
    Options
    MissMay wrote: »
    @dawnbgethealthy your mulled cider brewing or mulling (which ever is the correct term) looks delish. And that beautiful stem ware you teased us with.... GOURGOUS! I had iced tea last night in festive Christmas stem ware while people were over and they knew no better that it was AF. Lol

Did you suffer Christmas shopping headache @LoveyChar ?, UGH. 🤕

It wasn't too bad...the busiest place we walked into was Ross's. The line extended out half way through the store. We were buying shoes for my little guy and since it wasn't a Christmas gift, my husband just asked if he needed those today. I said no and we put them back and walked out. I can't stand shopping but when I'm buying anything for anyone, I take my sweet time. I was buying body wash as stocking stuffers (they get candy, face masks, lip glosses, all sorts of things...) and I smelled them all. You could see my husband getting more impatient by the second. This is the reason we seldom shop together. We finished yesterday, though, and kids can get whatever else they want with gift cards and money after Christmas.
  • dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,556 Member
    Options
    My goal is 16-20 AF days for the month.
    I didn't get there in October, ended up with 10 or 11AF days
    November tally 19AF days out of 30 days.
    New month : - )

December 01 - 3 drinks
    December 02 - AF
    December 03 - 3 drinks, Tuesday.
    December 04 - AF - Time to rack up a few AF days before all of the holiday festivities. Or at least try to get back to 2AF days in between drinks days.
    December 05 - AF
    December 06 - 3 drinks - I felt them more than usual, just 2 AF days, but they really hit me. Mind you, I barely eat during the day when I am running around working. I am thinking of you @Womona when you say that they are hitting you more strongly since you have cut down. Many glasses of water since the drinks, and off to bed soon.
    December 07 - AF - had the urge several times, just waited it out.
    December 8 - A bunch of drinks starting with a tree decorating at a friend's place. Tried to keep it at a half shot per drink to stay less alcohol. Kind of lost track, but they were all very small. All good. Planning on AF tomorrow. Tuesday is yet to be seen.
    December 09 - AF
    December 10 - AF - Yes, it is a Tuesday, my designated drinks day, but I am having a very busy week and have a party to go to on Friday where I might have drinks, so skipping the drinks tonight.
    December 11 - AF - Really fought that urge many times after work, but stayed AF. Trying to rack a few up before all of the holiday parties.
    December 12 - AF. Made up a pot of Mulled Wine to take to the party tomorrow night. Tasted it a few times with a fraction of a teaspoon and adjusted the sugar, but am not counting that. I really wanted to have a few glasses of it because it tasted so good, but I will have some at the party tomorrow. AF 4 days in a row for the first time @MissMay!
    December 13 - Mulled wine. So glad that I didn't give in to it Thursday night while cooking it, because it tasted amazing having sat 24 hours. Feeling a bit foggy today (the 14th).
    December 14 - AF
    December 15 - 3 drinks. Started with the leftover mulled wine that wouldn't fit in the vessel to take to the party (2 or 3 ounces), then kind of went "well, not going to be an AF day. That is how it goes for me. AF tomorrow for sure.
    December 16 - AF
    December 17 - Tuesday, 3 drinks. I definitely eat more, and different things when I have alcohol, which is one of the very big reasons to decide to cut back. At my own pace. Your post about other ways to de-stress @MissMay is so lovely and important. I am still using booze to numb myself and relax after stressful days. For sure I understand that deprivation leads to bingeing, so I am not depriving myself by giving myself "drinks days" but I still think that I can do better. I still eat sandwiches, but I only eat 1/2 of one now, for instance. By cutting back on drinking I am limiting the days that I do it. Work in progress.
    December 18 - AF - Planning on Champagne at midnight at a party in Northern Idaho with some close friends on NYE. I have decided that I am going to make and bring hot spiced cider to have around the bonfire and leading up to midnight. Not a heavy drinking crowd. I won't be AF for the last night of the year, but I will be less alcohol. Yes, planning in advance.
    December 19 - 2 drinks. Extremely long work day, I didn't even have the energy to pour my 3rd drink.
    December 20 - AF - Made a batch of mulled cider as a tester for a substitute to yummy mulled wine. It turned out pretty good and got me past a craving.
    December 21 - 3 drinks. Delayed 6 times and was in situations where drinks were offered, and then finally...caved. I have at least 4 more drinks days planned before the month is over (including NYE) so I really hope to scramble together at least 4 more AF days before the month is over. Made up a giant pot of Mulled wine for 2 of those, but didn't have any, just a quick taste and yet again needed to add more sugar. It is mulling, as am I.
    December 22 - AF - I made another substitute today, getting a repertoire of AF drinks together. I do love peppermint schnapps in hot chocolate when it is snowing like it was today, so I made Fry's Cocoa with peppermint extract and a bit of stevia. 20 calories total, and turned out pretty good! I will have to get some brandy extract too!

Running Tally: 13 AF day out of 21 days so far.
  • marcvb35
    marcvb35 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    @marcvb35
    I am also one who has struggled with sleep problems since I was 7 years old. I assure that it had nothing to do with Alcohol, I was 7.
    I do what you do, try to stay in bed and if not sleep then at least just rest my limbs. I have tried to get up and stuff, but that only gets my brain busy again.
    The best that I can do is try to think of funny things or beautiful places. Ah sleep, so illusive.
    Our busy world and our inner crap.
    Hope that you are doing okay.

i used to say i wish days were 36 hours long. then i could sleep for 12 hours and stay awake for 24 hours. if i am not drinking i am tinkering with something.

• marcvb35
    marcvb35 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    MissMay wrote: »
    @marcvb35 .....APRIL 2ND! WOW that is impressive. Congrats on your AF day you deserve a huge applause.

just a guess but 2019 has had the most sober days in my adult life. i did 20ish days early on this year, not in a row but tried to only drink on weekends. i would like to get back to that. or just a night cap.

• dawnbgethealthy
    Options

December 01 - 3 drinks
    December 02 - AF
    December 04 - AF - Time to rack up a few AF days before all of the holiday festivities. Or at least try to get back to 2AF days in between drinks days.
    December 05 - AF
    December 06 - 3 drinks - I felt them more than usual, just 2 AF days, but they really hit me. Mind you, I barely eat during the day when I am running around working. I am thinking of you @Womona when you say that they are hitting you more strongly since you have cut down. Many glasses of water since the drinks, and off to bed soon.
    December 8 - A bunch of drinks starting with a tree decorating at a friend's place. Tried to keep it at a half shot per drink to stay less alcohol. Kind of lost track, but they were all very small. All good. Planning on AF tomorrow. Tuesday is yet to be seen.
    December 09 - AF
    December 10 - AF - Yes, it is a Tuesday, my designated drinks day, but I am having a very busy week and have a party to go to on Friday where I might have drinks, so skipping the drinks tonight.
    December 11 - AF - Really fought that urge many times after work, but stayed AF. Trying to rack a few up before all of the holiday parties.
    December 12 - AF. Made up a pot of Mulled Wine to take to the party tomorrow night. Tasted it a few times with a fraction of a teaspoon and adjusted the sugar, but am not counting that. I really wanted to have a few glasses of it because it tasted so good, but I will have some at the party tomorrow. AF 4 days in a row for the first time @MissMay!
    December 13 - Mulled wine. So glad that I didn't give in to it Thursday night while cooking it, because it tasted amazing having sat 24 hours. Feeling a bit foggy today (the 14th).
    December 14 - AF
    December 15 - 3 drinks. Started with the leftover mulled wine that wouldn't fit in the vessel to take to the party (2 or 3 ounces), then kind of went "well, not going to be an AF day. That is how it goes for me. AF tomorrow for sure.
    December 16 - AF
    December 17 - Tuesday, 3 drinks. I definitely eat more, and different things when I have alcohol, which is one of the very big reasons to decide to cut back. At my own pace. Your post about other ways to de-stress @MissMay is so lovely and important. I am still using booze to numb myself and relax after stressful days. For sure I understand that deprivation leads to bingeing, so I am not depriving myself by giving myself "drinks days" but I still think that I can do better. I still eat sandwiches, but I only eat 1/2 of one now, for instance. By cutting back on drinking I am limiting the days that I do it. Work in progress.
    December 18 - AF - Planning on Champagne at midnight at a party in Northern Idaho with some close friends on NYE. I have decided that I am going to make and bring hot spiced cider to have around the bonfire and leading up to midnight. Not a heavy drinking crowd. I won't be AF for the last night of the year, but I will be less alcohol. Yes, planning in advance.
    December 19 - 2 drinks. Extremely long work day, I didn't even have the energy to pour my 3rd drink.
    December 20 - AF - Made a batch of mulled cider as a tester for a substitute to yummy mulled wine. It turned out pretty good and got me past a craving.
    December 21 - 3 drinks. Delayed 6 times and was in situations where drinks were offered, and then finally...caved. I have at least 4 more drinks days planned before the month is over (including NYE) so I really hope to scramble together at least 4 more AF days before the month is over. Made up a giant pot of Mulled wine for 2 of those, but didn't have any, just a quick taste and yet again needed to add more sugar. It is mulling, as am I.
    December 22 - AF - I made another substitute today, getting a repertoire of AF drinks together. I do love peppermint schnapps in hot chocolate when it is snowing like it was today, so I made Fry's Cocoa with peppermint extract and a bit of stevia. 20 calories total, and turned out pretty good! I will have to get some brandy extract too!
    December 23 - Mulled wine and other things. Likely the same for today and the next day too.

Running Tally: 13 AF day out of 23 days so far.
  • dawnbgethealthy
    Options

December 01 - 3 drinks
    December 02 - AF
    December 05 - AF
    December 09 - AF
    December 14 - AF
    December 16 - AF
    December 23 - Mulled wine and other things. Likely the same for today and the next day too.
    December 24 - AF - I cancelled my plans for tonight because I didn't think that I could resist drinks, and want to feel awesome tomorrow. I am taking the mulled wine tomorrow.

Running Tally: 14 AF day out of 24 days so far.
  • dawnbgethealthy
    Options

December 01 - 3 drinks
    December 02 - AF
    December 05 - AF
    December 09 - AF
    December 14 - AF
    December 16 - AF
    December 24 - AF - I cancelled my plans for tonight because I didn't think that I could resist drinks, and want to feel awesome tomorrow. I am taking the mulled wine tomorrow.
    December 25 - Mulled Wine and other stuff.
    December 26 - 3 drinks - running out of days to make my goal

Running Tally: 14 AF day out of 26 days so far.
  • dawnbgethealthy
    Options

December 01 - 3 drinks
    December 02 - AF
    December 05 - AF
    December 09 - AF
    December 14 - AF
    December 16 - AF
    December 25 - Mulled Wine and other stuff.
    December 26 - 3 drinks - running out of days to make my goal
    December 27 - Mulled wine and other stuff.

Running Tally: 14 AF day out of 27 days so far.