Women 200lb+, Let's Double Down This December!!!

Options

Replies

• IsETHome
    IsETHome Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Aerohead21 wrote: »
    I love my husband so much but he’s an athlete. He grew up wanting to be an athlete so he never struggled with food or exercise. He does not understand what I am going through 😭 since I’m still in the beginning days of all this I’m still working really hard to avoid temptation and fall back into old habits. I have had a particularly rough day today emotionally and I want to eat. It’s how I would have solved all my problems before. Instead I’ve binged episodes of My 600 Lb Life and lifted some weights (that finally came in the mail yay). Only 3 lbs but boy did my arms quiver! 🤣 I need to build that muscle as a develop new strategies to cope with difficult news in life.

Athletes often struggle with food ~ he may have a higher metabolism, and stays active. That being said, I like that show as well, it makes you realize that yes a large person can survive on 1200 calories a day and that our portions can be perceived as normal, when they are really out-of-whack. Food has become an addiction for various reasons - but we have choices to not put things in our mouths - keep the end game in our sights and end result. I like Dr. Nowzaria's approach - as individuals, it's our own accountability. Doesn't make it easy, but sometimes there are issues we have to resolve as we move forward. I didn't think I had an emotional eating issue - but when I reflect back, I think that being alone is a trigger a bit. However, being with people who eat a lot is also bad for me, so I have to find that balance. When I was younger, I think my friends were more active, but we've all slowed down a bit. Unfortunately in our 40's/50's - our social lives often center around food and or cocktails.....
  • mmccloy12
    mmccloy12 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Nice @speyerj! Thank you! That's great you were able to change those numbers! I have read similar things on the fat and sugar. I have always leaned toward higher fat and protein but there are so many opinions, not sure what would work for me. I am going to adjust a bit and see if I see any changes. Thank you again!
  • shorepine
    shorepine Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    @Reeneeroo wow, great loss this week! You should be so proud.

@parkerpowerlift I hate it when my weigh in day is right when I'm starting my cycle- it feels unfair. On the bright side, you'll probably have a great loss next week when things get back to normal.

@mmccloy12 emotions and loneliness for me also equals eating. I'm sorry that you had one of those weekends, and this time of year just feels so frenetic it only adds to it. I don't pay much attention daily to my macros, but maybe I should. Regarding the exercise thing- I used to use my Fitbit with MFP and I stopped because I felt that it gave me way too many calories when I did. I just have my baseline set to sedentary and I add in focused exercise.

@speyerj that is really great about your numbers once you focused on less sugar. Really cool.

@Aerohead 21 I love snacking too. I didn't realize "they" say no snacking. For me, I love snacking so much that sometimes I just make snacking my meals and don't eat formal meals. I don't do this everyday (I have kids to think about for meals, after all), but if I'm traveling for work sometimes I love to indulge in this. :)

It's a rainy day here and totally busy for me at work. I'm really hoping to get a workout in, somehow. It's going to have to be inside, and it's going to have to be after work, which is a recipe for failure for me usually. Wish me luck!
  • parkerpowerlift
    parkerpowerlift Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    @VoicedJoy22 I normally don't bother weighing in around my cycle. It almost always spikes anywhere from 2-5+ lbs during. I really do know better, but I just can't help it. I've gotten into this habit of weighing daily. I just am scared that if I am not watching my weight on a regular basis, that I will get out of control and that it will spike by a significant amount. I just don't trust myself yet, but I'd love to get to a point where I could only weigh in once a week or even more seldom. This is my 2nd real attempt of losing weight (I've once lost 50 lbs in 2014-2015).

@shorepine It is so frustrating! Lol, ughhh. I knew my period was coming but STILL. I'm just trying to flush my system and down tons of liquids this week. I've been able to lose after the end of a cycle before but it's extremely difficult. I already know I'll be over my calories for today. No excuses. Just will need to dial it down later this week.
  • BrownSugar174
    BrownSugar174 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    @torihudson6 I’m so proud of you! One step at a time! You can do it!