Women 200lb+, Let's Double Down This December!!!

Options

Replies

• bluffgirl67
    bluffgirl67 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Hi to all the new posters :)

@heavenlee3031 Just try a little farther every day and you will make to the top of those stairs.

@Aerohead21 Enjoy your new dumbbells. I love my little 3lb ones (heaviest I can use).

@torihudson6 Looking fab in your holiday dress!! Your confidence is shining with that smile. I think the scale is helping me learn what portion sizes look like. I eat quite a bit of peanut butter and now get 16g serving gram very close almost every time. In the future when I get to goal and have been able to maintain awhile I hope I can be good enough at eyeballing thanks to my scale experience.

@Christine4695 Sorry to hear about your dad. Right now just focus on taking care of yourself and spending time with him. Hugs

@lindaporter2018 Great job working out while on vacation. Enjoy your trip!

@aliciap0116 "You can't outrun your fork" love this!! I totally agree with the 80/20 thoughts. Food intake either helps me lose or packs on the pounds. Exercise is more about my heart getting healthier and my body used to doing more activity. I want to be able to do things outdoors without getting out of breath and tiring easily.

@Speyerj Great work on meeting weekly goals. Your dedication is inspiring.

@HurleyHurley Sometimes we gotta work a little harder for the yummies. I bet the bread was delish.

@gelatinouscube Glad you now have a reliable scale. Having one that is consistent will help so much.

Weekend has been busy. I got all my Christmas food/present shopping done except for lottery scratch offs for stocking stuffers. Hubby and I ate at the local Mexican place last night. It was so good and not over my daily calories even with a soft serve vanilla cone. Today is my cousin's 50th wedding anniversary party so need to plan for cake. Next week will be a rough one. Momma has another bladder biopsy in Nashville Tue 7am which means we need to leave home at 4am. I got a hotel room so we can stay overnight because she also two dr appts there Wed morning. No way was driving home and back again going to be a good thing.

It was great reading about all the week's losses and goals met. Everyone is doing wonderful. Reading here helps me stay on track so much better than on my own. Thanks for keeping it real.
  • aliciap0116
    aliciap0116 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Tori you look gorgeous, Candy and Pam terrific losses this week!

I bought a food scale but need to use it more often. I usually measure by volume and I know I go over.

Two questions for the group related to sodium and water retention (always an issue when I eat out or processed foods, especially on the weekend):

1. So water flushes our your system and helps you let go of water weight. When you have a low weight and it goes up 2lbs the next day even though you were well below maintenance calories, do you all feel like the lower weight is the true weight and you just have to wait for it to come back? I am reporting “as is” but it is so frustrating waiting for that weight to come back down when you know you are ok calorie wise
    2. Water is amazing for your body I know. But does it actually help you lose weight? Or is it just that it helps you accomplish #1 above?

Instead of obsessing over this I should just eat clean and drink more water but curious for others thoughts!
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,510 Member
    Options
    @speyerj thanks for the article. If I have a high sodium meal it takes several days for the water weight to disappear. I am definitely going to increase my water intake.
  • BrownSugar174
    BrownSugar174 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    How many of you use MFP Premium? What do you like/dislike about it?
  • gelatinouscube
    gelatinouscube Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    @lindaporter2018 I used the premium version with the free trial before actually properly starting to log everything, but the difference for my purposes is negligible.

So my 2nd weigh-in! Adjusting those previous numbers because new scale
    26/11: 108kg - > 106kg
    2/12: 106kg - > 104kg
    9/12: 101.7kg
    I've been logging everyday and staying under target... Except the days where I have dinner out. Still logged but man does that throw off my plans.
  • BrownSugar174
    edited December 2019
    Options
    @gelatinouscube thank you for the MFP information. I really like the regular but didn’t know if I was missing something.

Eating out for me really slowed my weight loss in the beginning. When my hubby and I first retired we’d eat out 3-5 times a week. While I was working out I was loosing weight sloooooowwwwwllllyyy. Living in the south means food that is high in salt and sugar. We decided to eat out 1-2 times a month. From 2/1/18 to 3/18/19 I lost about 15 pounds. From 3/18/19 to 12/3/19 after we stopped eating out I lost 31 pounds. I could not believe the difference.
  • BrownSugar174
    Options
    @torihudson6 When I started doing the elliptical I started with 10 minutes and worked my way up. I got an invaluable tip from a trainer. She told me that it is not about speed. It is about reaching my heart rate zone for as long as possible. I realized that raising my incline and resistance was the key to reaching/staying within my HRZ. I don’t use the elliptical machine with the arm handles moving back and forth. That movement takes to much energy. I also don’t lean on the machine because that makes me so tired. I try to maintain the same pace no matter how high my incline/resistance is. I also don’t towel off because it takes energy. The most important part, for me, is FitRadio! This app is awesome! They have so many playlists, DJ’s, coaches and the ability to set intervals. It is awesome.
  • nebslp
    nebslp Posts: 1,649 Member
    edited December 2019
    Options
    @Christine4695 I’m sorry you are going through so much right now. I hope you are feeling better and are able to spend some time with your dad. Taking it easy sounds like a good plan right now.

@mmdeveau You’re killing your December goals!! 100 consecutive days of logging is something I haven’t yet committed to, but I know it’s possible. Changes in routine are tough for me. It sounds like you’ve figured out how to handle your work schedule changes and you’ll be fine.

@gelatinouscube Great logging and congrats on staying under your goal most days.

@bluffgirl67 I hope your mom gets a good report from the biopsy. It’s hard dealing with loved ones who are suffering from illness of any kind. I’m sure she appreciates your support.

@lindaporter2018 I’m going to check into the FitRadio app. I don’t have easy access to a gym so work out at home and I could use a boost. Thanks.

@gamimafaf I’m not new to MFP but am new to this group. It definitely has an amazing support system!

I’ve been resisting working out for a long time now. Not sure why because I love the way working out makes me feel so much better. Maybe I’m anxious about Christmas coming and the plans that go with it. Mostly I am just being lazy, I think. Tomorrow I will report back with what I did to change that😌 This group is so inspiring!