Women 200lb+, Let's Double Down This December!!!

Replies

• Aerohead21
    Aerohead21 Posts: 333 Member
    I sometimes feel like my body likes to hold on to weight. I feel like no matter what I choose or how I choose to do it I can’t lose weight. I’m hoping that by having a goal of just 4 lbs in one month (which is painfully doable) I stand a good chance of success. My lack of discipline is my problem. I have solid nutritional education. I just don’t like healthy food choices. It’s not satisfying to me. I wish I liked good food.
  • aliciap0116
    aliciap0116 Posts: 231 Member
    @torihudson6 I am so happy for you!!! You have been working so hard and been so persistent. Making me teary now!

@bluffgirl67 I am loving that you want to exercise. You are my inspiration because you are doing it so cheerfully and now giving up even when your energy is limited.

@sharpdust that recipe looks amazing. I'm going to try that!!

@aerohead21 understand that it is so hard to get started. Think hard about why you want to do this. You have to be "ready" for it and want it for yourself to make it worth it. My aunt wanted me to join WW with her last spring and I promptly gained 6 lbs because my head wasn't in a place where I was ready to start (and there were a lot of gelato stops during our summer). Also I have found that eating better and minor cardio at the same time are key for me to make progress; adding in strength training makes it even better. Doing just one of those at a time really slows me down! So don't be discouraged by your past experience if it didn't work; just try to find out a way that works for you now. Maybe try to gameify it too - there's some type of satisfaction in tricking your old self into trying new things (like cauliflower pizza crust and low fat cheese instead of regular pizza) and being satisfied. Game the numbers and save your food for the end of the day if you have room in your budget. Intermittent fasting has also been super helpful for me! Once you see progress you will feel motivated to improve here and there. I know that I will have to do some version of this forever to maintain, so I really want to change the way I think about it and make it a positive part of who I am.

@mmccloy12 so nice to have your voice back on our thread after your break. And good for you for identifying sugar as a trigger for you. I am the same way; I lose all reason when I have it. I think you managed very well! And do track your measurements! Those changes can be significant and another source of affirmation!

@mmdeveau thank you for the article. I love the opening line about spreadsheets, distractions, and running from your problems. For me, the stress of knowing that you are running from your problems and procrastinating is so toxic. I have a few areas of my like I need to explore and clean up in that regard to be truly healthy. So much better than a bubble bath!