okiewoman510 Posts: 1,288 Member
    Options
    Tracey - Good to hear from you!

Okie in the TX Hill Country
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,890 Member
    Options
    LisaInAR wrote: »
    Rebecca - it's time. If you've not already done so, reach out to his command and get their chain in motion. Eight months is far too long. If he didn't want to be embarrassed, he should have reached out long since to let you know he's alive.

Karen VA - and everyone who answered with advice - thank you for that. Not sure I have enough iron self control to handle the snake even once, but you're right that preparing for it and controlling the outcomes is better than the surprise factor, and will, as you noted, take the wind out of the sails of the jokers. Love the name Monty, but they let the 9-year-old name this one (also a ball python), and it's been called Fang. Not helping. We would have been staying in a hotel anyway (my husband really dislikes their dogs), and the rest will kind of fall where it may. Right now, if my daughter's C-section goes off on the scheduled time, we can't go. I've got labs and then a doctor's appointment I've been waiting for for three months. But my husband will try to get the following Friday off, and we'll drive up, see the baby on Friday and drive back Sunday after two nights in a hotel.

My husband's last day of his six days off today, then work a day, off a day for New Year's, work two days and so on. Have so enjoyed some quiet days with him with no pressure to accomplish anything--and then he got antsy yesterday and took down the wall between the spare bedroom and the half-bath. It needed doing, don't get me wrong, but the noise and mess drove me off to the stores--which is OK, I scored some really good deals at Joann's yesterday, and got stuck into an afghan in Girl Scout colors last night.

Love y'all,
    Lisa in AR

Have you held or touched a snake?

When I was a practice teacher, the class I was with went to an information session about reptiles and while we were there, the presenter passed around a snake to those who were interested in holding or touching one. I was curious so I held the snake.

In my head, somehow I had the impression that snakes were kind of limp slimy things but they aren't at all!! The skin was like very dry human skin and they are all muscle. I was surprised how heavy and muscular it was! I don't know if it helps at all, but it was similar to a very muscular arm.

Now while I didn't mind holding that snake, I'm very apprehensive about the ones here. I keep my distance!

M in Oz
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Rebecca Did I miss something? Is Athena sick? <3
  • LisaInAR
    LisaInAR Posts: 2,020 Member
    Options
    Here's the link to the Svalbard article. (https://www.nytimes.com/2019/12/30/travel/svalbard-norway-northern-lights.html?searchResultPosition=1) If you haven't read five NY Times articles already this month, you should be able to access it. :)
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    Tracy ~ So sorry for all have been through this past month. Prayers that this new month will be better.

Carol in GA
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,130 Member
    edited December 2019
    Options
    Lisa: Thanks for the link. What a wonderful article. Great to get a feel for Penny's home turf.

Back from my walk, and had lunch with DH who had gone back to his yoga class, for the first time since he had his problem with his knee. He's very upbeat about the whole thing, now that he's almost back to normal.

Have a leisurely afternoon planned. May watch a couple of Christmas movies.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,925 Member
    Options
    :)Lisa, Thanks for the link. What a great adventure. It reminded me of what Penny says, "There is no bad weather, just bad clothing."
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,708 Member
    Options
    that was an awesome article~ thanks for posting Lisa xoxox
    Alfie is staying close in my lap, I missed him alot..
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    ☀️👋😀
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,554 Member
    Options
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,347 Member
    Options
    Vince misread Jess’ itinerary. Her flight GETS INTO Maine at around noon so it leaves Charlotte at 9:10 which means we need to leave around 7:30. So no exercise for me today. The plan for tomorrow is to do Denise Austin’s Boot Camp DVD.

Barbara – we have 15 totes of extension cords. Do you know that Vince went and bought 7 more cords? After we finished putting up the decorations there was one 40 footer left and two 50 footers left. I say we’re going to need at least one more tote but Vince says we won’t. He can be the one to stuff them into the ones we have.

Tracey – I’m so sorry to read that your husband is having so many problems. There are people who feel “ignorance is bliss”. How nice that your youngest and hubby pitched in and did all the cooking for Christmas. I don’t know what I’d do without Jess helping me with Christmas dinner

I think the trigger finger is back on my right thumb. This time it’ll be surgery if I’m right about the trigger finger.

Well, Jess is at the airport. Her flight is delayed. I know she’s concerned about the fact that they’re having a snowstorm right now in Portland (Maine)

Lisa – thanks so much for the link. How interesting. I didn’t realize that no one is allowed to be born there. I do miss Penny, tho, and hope she’s well

Allie – you can wave to Jess. Her plane is over CT right now.

Carol – don’t you wish our pets were on our health insurance and that we can declare them as dependents on our income taxes?

Michele in NC
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    Athena is just fine. Its another cutie on here thats under the weather 😟🙏.

Yes today I shall reach out to the ombudsmen and put in an official health and welfare check. The ship will most likely not do it until after the New Year, but at least it will be in the beginning stages.👍

Well up a lb from yesterday. That's kinda frustrating! If course I had a turkey sandwich for lunch and then one again for dinner. It was wheat bread but maybe too much! I even sliced some cranberry jelly really thin and tucked that in. I showed my son and he made a face and shivered. Haahaa! Not often I can gross him out!

Well my back is so sore from leaning over cutting that darn strings of lights from the tree! But it got done, and now the tree is perfect. Awaiting next year.💖

Today I plan on just walking on the treadmill at the gym. My left hand is still kinda sore, and the idea of lifting weights is a no go.
    My new habit of not eating breakfast, and having my first meal at 1 pm, is going along nicely. I don't wake up hungry, have no headaches. 👍
    Today is a good day, for a good day!
    💖Rebecca
    Whidbey island
    Washington
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    As you can see Pastor yelling y pointing get out! Guy in grey shirt ranting on y on glasses on his head.