can I get opinions on the keto diet vs. just counting calories and staying under 1200?

do y'all think keto is more effective or low calorie? and why? im not sure which would be better

Replies

• 3v0l1s0m1283
    3v0l1s0m1283 Posts: 8 Member
    kshama2001, im about 5'4, 130lbs and I don't exercise except at work I basically walk or stand for 8 hours out of the day. is 1200 not good for me do you think? I never put much thought into that. im trying to lose 30 pounds, I've gained a lot of weight this year and have no clothes that fit :(
  • whitpauly
    whitpauly Posts: 1,483 Member
    I tried it and it didn't work out for me,I got really sick to my stomach from all the fat but some people really do great on it,just a try and see kind of thing I suppose
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 28,053 Member
    kshama2001, im about 5'4, 130lbs and I don't exercise except at work I basically walk or stand for 8 hours out of the day. is 1200 not good for me do you think? I never put much thought into that. im trying to lose 30 pounds, I've gained a lot of weight this year and have no clothes that fit :(

5’4” at a weight of 100 lbs would be a BMI of 17.2 which is medically underweight. Your current BMI is right in the middle of healthy weight. Although I didn’t flag your post someone did and that’s probably why. To give you an idea of what you’re talking about, some countries have made it illegal for a model to walk the catwalk unless she has a BMI over 18, because they don’t want to promote anorexia.

If you aren’t satisfied with your current appearance, there are ways to improve your shape without losing weight to unhealthy levels. Check out some of the threads on recomp.

Here's one of the thread on recomposition, which @AnnPT77 helpfully just posted on another thread: https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10177803/recomposition-maintaining-weight-while-losing-fat
  • 3v0l1s0m1283
    you know what... I believe I will just delete this app or just not use this part. I was genuinely curious, shared what I was trying to do, and literally got bashed for it. I don't care if you people think I am "promoting anorexia" bc im not. I've always just been a small person. I started eating a huge amount of fast food recently and just blew up. so much for trying to be like everyone else here and ask for advice. you people are just so judgemental for no reason. I'll lose this weight on my own with no advice or help it's cool. flag or report my post or whatever. I don't give a damn
  • 3v0l1s0m1283
    like thanks to the people that actually answered my question but the ones judging me?... you just wasted your time is all im saying lol
  • 3v0l1s0m1283
    so when a fat person wants to lose 30 pounds it's cool, people want to help. but when I ask simple questions it's "seek help" 😂😂😂😂
  • missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    Choose whatever works best for you. No matter which plan you choose, the only way to lose weight is to consume less calories than your body burns.