Are you over 200pds, let's diet together

Replies

• ladycopnh1
    ladycopnh1 Posts: 287 Member
    CathyRock - Are you packing for a snack break or lunch ? When I was working an 8hr job I had 2 toast for breakfast at 6am, a snack of baby carrots at 9am, my lunch of a yogurt at 11am, a fruit snack at 2pm, another snack of fruit when I got home at 3pm, a good healthy dinner at 5pm, and a healthy snack at 7pm, NOTHING to eat past 7pm. Your body is like a wood stove, you need to put a piece of wood in the stove every so often to keep your metabolism burning.

Decide when you need a snack to keep you going, don't over pack, cuz what you mentioned, if you pack it, you'll eat it. Great idea of keeping your box in the car, away from you, keep yourself busy and distracted from food if you can.
  • ladycopnh1
    estherpotter1 - welcome back, we missed you.

On a kilo chart 68kgs = 149pds, 200pds starts at 91kg
  • CathyRocky
    CathyRocky Posts: 64 Member
    Ladycopnh1, this week I'll be working second shift, 3-11:00. My normal hours are the overnight shift.
  • VeggieMeg71
    VeggieMeg71 Posts: 205 Member
    How do you all feel about the "If every day were like today" messages? The message only seems to appear on my lower-calorie days, and I imagine it's supposed to be inspiring, but I actually find it kind of discouraging because I know every day will NOT be like today.
  • How do you all feel about the "If every day were like today" messages? The message only seems to appear on my lower-calorie days, and I imagine it's supposed to be inspiring, but I actually find it kind of discouraging because I know every day will NOT be like today.

It only bothers me when the scale is sticking. (And then I'm like, "Yeah, okay, so why have I been 285 for the last two and a half weeks, huh?) It's sort of a reminder to myself that this is going the places I want it to go.

I will say that I haven't had trouble staying within my calorie limits; I prelog and then eat just what I logged.

• vtkayakgirl
    vtkayakgirl Posts: 11 Member
    I would love to join this group. Ladycopnh1 thanks for the invite! I am 5' 10" tall, 50 yo, and need to lose 51-75 pounds.
  • stella7x7
    stella7x7 Posts: 2,601 Member
    2/1-250.0
  • wren176
    wren176 Posts: 148 Member
    Hi everyone. I’ve had a super busy week but I did join the gym yesterday. I really liked the StrongLifts 5x5 program when I did it before and my goal is to do that 3x a week. It’s all I can fit in with my schedule. I had a 3.2 pound weight loss this week. I haven’t been watching my carbs as close as I could be.
    January 17 232
    January 24 228
    January 21 224.8
  • Morganafly
    Morganafly Posts: 22 Member
    Starting weight 01/28/20 228 lbs
    02/01/20 227
    02/08/20
    02/15/20
    02/22/20
    02/29/20
    02/07/20 My diary says I should weigh 219 lbs on this day, cant wait to see if its true. Counting kcals, 1200 a day. Its not been that bad so far (5 days lol)
  • eppen5
    eppen5 Posts: 32 Member
    2020 start Jan 1: 245.2

Jan 3: 243.2
    Jan 10: 238.8
    Jan 17: 235.4
    Jan 24: 233.2
    Jan 31: 232.8

Just getting around to posting my Friday weigh-in. I'm down about half a pound but for a week with so many challenges I was absolutely delighted to show any loss at all (I took my rings and earrings off before weighing myself this time :wink: ) ! There were only a couple of days in the week where I was completely "in charge" of choosing my own food so I am so happy to see I didn't derail myself.

C'mon February, bring it! I'm totally ready for you.
  • eppen5
    eppen5 Posts: 32 Member
    ladycopnh1 wrote: »
    Eppen - Eating out has been the hardest and scariest time for me, but as a friend of mine told me, "wherever you go out, be it home or buffet, always circle the table twice and decide what you REALLY want and what is GOOD for you. They will always keep making what you REALLY want ( bread, potatoes etc. ), fill half your plate with salad or 'right stuff" and take a LITTLE of the bad stuff. If you can't walk away from dessert, have a little and call it a day.

It's funny you should say this ladycopnh. I read this after going to my "celebration dinner" but this is kind of what I did! I had been to the restaurant before so I had a good idea what would be on the "unlimited salad bar". I wasn't worried about salads of course. I was worried about the pastas, breads, sushi, risotto (be still my heart) and so on that I would need to navigate through. So I made a plan ahead of time and picked just a couple of things that I really wanted and then when I got to the salad bar for real I was already prepared and didn't pay much attention to all the other treats. I think I did very well and I left the restaurant feeling pretty proud. I recommend to anyone that you do what ladycopnh suggests. It gave me a real feeling of control to have a plan before picking up my plate!

• CathyRocky
    CathyRocky Posts: 64 Member
    Well, it's been a month and I feel like things are getting easier. Isn't there a saying about "3 weeks and it becomes a habit"? I'm amazed at the volume of food I ate every day prior to the New Year. I'm really making an effort to eat more often, and smaller portions. Eppen5 and others mention having a plan before picking up your plate, and I'm finding that to be so important! I'm making a poster to hang on my refrigerator with suggestions of foods to pair to make complete meals. One column is protein, one is a measured amount of carbs, and a column of "free" foods. I wish I had done this a long time ago. I'm scheduled to return to work in a couple of days and I'm happy and bummed at the same time.

Are you all actually keeping track of everything you eat on your home page here? Did you choose a calorie amount and stick to it every day?
  • ladycopnh1
    First and formost, Welcome cbalagadde & vtkayakgirl, we are all here for you whenever you need us and we're excited to get to know you.

eppen5 - Here is a big hug to you (...hug...), I am so happy to hear how well you did, you should be proud B).
  • CathyRocky wrote: »

Are you all actually keeping track of everything you eat on your home page here? Did you choose a calorie amount and stick to it every day?

I do, but it's easier for me because I meal plan five weeks at a time. (No, it's not that hard. I can tell anyone how to do it.) So every evening I look at the meal plan and then I prelog. Prelogging helps me see if I get a roll and butter with dinner or not, if I'm going to need an afternoon snack, and other little things like that, and that way it's all settled when I get up in the morning. And if it isn't logged, I don't eat it, full stop.

• SarahMWong15
    SarahMWong15 Posts: 58 Member
    So I took a few days away, and I think I'll continue to do so as it did well for my mental health (which is always on edge about dieting and body image) but I wanted to pop in and see how well you all are doing and say how proud i am of every single one of you! For me my January went well:
    Jan 6th: 219
    Jan 31st: 211
    My fiance tonight unprompted stated how he could see a difference. He said my waist looks smaller, my tummy looks smaller, and the fat above my butt on my lower back looks smaller (my least fave part of my body. It stems from my PCOS hormone imbalance and it runs in my family. Yay me)

Anyways. Keep on keeping on ladies!!! I'm gonna stay low for most of Feburary as well. Kick lots of booty and do your best all month!!!
  • celticck77
    celticck77 Posts: 113 Member
    Hmm just found interesting research on Metabolic confusion. I am going to try it out combined with HIIT workouts.
    I am another 2 pounds down so at 248 from 262 starting here and 270 mid December. What I am doing is working so if this idea doesn't work I will simply come back to counting calories and working on on my total gym.
    I am going to stick with my total gym and add HIIT workouts 3 days a week.