January 2020 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• LoveyChar
    LoveyChar Posts: 4,335 Member
    Options
    @Avidkeo I have yet to stick with intermittent fasting long enough. I do 24 hour fasts here and there. I'm glad intermittent fasting is working for you. I plan to give it a real try. No, no harm in a banana before a run. I read that the riper they are (with the brown spots), the more sugar they have and they're easier to digest providing quicker energy and in my opinion, they're more delicious that way.

@Elise4270 I have a sugar addiction too. I had given up meat for 9 months and could have gone longer but I don't think I have ever given up sugar for more than a week. I obsess over it when I get none.
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    Well the new dog has a significantly faster pace than me. We went two blocks when I realized I would not be able to keep it up for long. He’s also very easily distracted and every spot is his and should be marked. It was pretty fun and he was SO happy to get to go out! I still took him home because I wanted to finish day 2 of the 10K trainer.

You will need to train him to run with you if you want to do that. Several people in this thread have done that with their dogs and can help you I am sure but most dogs do not know how to run with a runner just out of the bag but can learn. So do not give up yet. :)
  • kimlight2
    kimlight2 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    @TheMrWobbly - OMG! Love it!!!
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    hope you find childcare @polskagirl01

so very very true @PastorVincent