January 2020 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    Avidkeo wrote: »
    @Avidkeo I get up, have a cup of coffee, have a banana and another cup of coffee then run. Coffee doesn't give me GI issues, obviously. Sometimes someone eats the last banana the night before so I have to have a little cereal bar instead, don't really notice a difference much. That's enough for me for runs under an hour, if they're longer than that I take a gel after every 50-60 minutes.

I used to always have a banana before running, and porridge about an hr before a run of 10k or more. I was just testing the IF the last 2 weeks.
    I'm gonna go back to having a banana. I always thought I probably would but wanted to see. And yeah nope. Not for me lol

I did (and still do) IF back when I was running. I also found that you will need to fuel the runs. Hide those bananas in your car! I use to hide picky bars from everyone.
  • eleanorhawkins
    eleanorhawkins Posts: 1,655 Member
    Options
    Elise4270 wrote: »
    Avidkeo wrote: »
    @Avidkeo I get up, have a cup of coffee, have a banana and another cup of coffee then run. Coffee doesn't give me GI issues, obviously. Sometimes someone eats the last banana the night before so I have to have a little cereal bar instead, don't really notice a difference much. That's enough for me for runs under an hour, if they're longer than that I take a gel after every 50-60 minutes.

I used to always have a banana before running, and porridge about an hr before a run of 10k or more. I was just testing the IF the last 2 weeks.
    I'm gonna go back to having a banana. I always thought I probably would but wanted to see. And yeah nope. Not for me lol

I did (and still do) IF back when I was running. I also found that you will need to fuel the runs. Hide those bananas in your car! I use to hide picky bars from everyone.

LOL yeah I have learned to hide bananas.
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,388 Member
    Options
    @polskagirl01 - maybe one of your runner friends who isn't running the race could watch them or even a volunteer at the race? I hope it works out for you!
    @quilteryoyo - I think you may find the crowd at the AF HM exciting and a bit invigorating. All those people out there doing what you love too! The start can be a bit tough as @PastorVincent's meme suggests, lots of people just go to the finish time corral where they think or hope they might end up or they don't care. But after that you just run, just like in a smaller race but you almost always have company around you that you can run past, chase or run alongside and chat with.

@eleanorhawkins - I don't need to hide mine because no one ever eats my bananas they don't like them unless they are made into bread or a cake or something.
    @Elise4270 - Have you tried the new Moroccan Picky bar? It has ginger and turmeric. I got some from the Picky challenge on Strava and that was one I would never have actually purchased and it was delicious! Now I am looking everywhere for someplace that carries them so I don't have to order them online.
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,960 Member
    Options
    Thanks @shanaber . I'm already nervous about it and it's 9 months away. LOL

@kgirlhart Glad you are feeling better.

Today was a scheduled walk or XT day, so I did a 3 mile treadmill walk.

exercise.png
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,973 Member
    Options
    Thanks @quilteryoyo!
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    shanaber wrote: »

@Elise4270 - Have you tried the new Moroccan Picky bar? It has ginger and turmeric. I got some from the Picky challenge on Strava and that was one I would never have actually purchased and it was delicious! Now I am looking everywhere for someplace that carries them so I don't have to order them online.

I have tried them even before they were official. We had a subscription for a while and got some new "what do you think" flavors. I did vote for that flavor.
  • Camaramandy648
    Camaramandy648 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Slightly snowy here...
    mi7lqduoxvjn.jpg

@PastorVincent take out the cars and that photo is super creepy. Like a concentration camp kinda creepy
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    Slightly snowy here...
    mi7lqduoxvjn.jpg

@PastorVincent take out the cars and that photo is super creepy. Like a concentration camp kinda creepy

Such is my life I guess :smiley:
  • Camaramandy648
    Camaramandy648 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Slightly snowy here...
    mi7lqduoxvjn.jpg

Such is my life I guess :smiley:

@PastorVincent it's an ominous and beautiful photo
  • LoveyChar
    LoveyChar Posts: 4,335 Member
    edited January 2020
    Options
    I have been trying for a week to post my training plan because I do have questions some of you could/would answer but I'm having issues with it. I'm trying one last time.
  • LoveyChar
    LoveyChar Posts: 4,335 Member
    Options
    I think this will work...