Less Alcohol - JANUARY 2020- One Day at a Time

Options

Replies

• MissMay
    MissMay Posts: 3,548 Member
    Options
    @kali31337 good job keeping it together after your exam. Yes there is always a re-do 😊
  • MissMay
    Options
    Jan 2020
    AF 9/13
    Not dry, but better than December! ;)

Great way to approach it!
  • Lilylady3k
    Lilylady3k Posts: 3,814 Member
    Options
    Thank you @MissMay ! It feels good to be back in control and have evenings without a drink. I has really helped that DH is not derailing / sabotaging me by opening a bottle of wine every night!
  • MissMay
    Options
    Jan1 through to Jan 16 AF, YAY,
    From 4 to 5 A drinks a day, I thought why not try giving it a break,
    Sleeping better, more alert and dropped 6lbs
    1 dat at a time πŸ€—πŸ˜€πŸ€—

Great to hear from you again. And to hear you have done so well is fantastic and dropped some weight, and other super benefits. πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘
  • anglilacs
    anglilacs Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    8 AF days this month.

Work has been stressful and I am feeling it at home, especially before bed. Anxiety creeping in. Trying to work through my feelings instead of shoving them down with food and alcohol.

Thanks to everyone who has posted. Love reading through them all and coming here for support.

• dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,554 Member
    Options
    8 AF days this month.

Work has been stressful and I am feeling it at home, especially before bed. Anxiety creeping in. Trying to work through my feelings instead of shoving them down with food and alcohol.

Thanks to everyone who has posted. Love reading through them all and coming here for support.

I so hear you on that.
    At least one of my drinks days in the week is for numbing myself a little after big work stress, mine are Tuesdays, which are generally 12-14 hour days of ridiculousness. I do think of other ways to combat that, but...liquor is quicker. Going to be working on that.
    For me, other drinks days are days in which I know that I have nothing pressing for the next day and think of it as kicking back and having a few.
    We are all cutting back on here. I no longer consider myself to be a daily drinker, although I have fallen a couple of times in the past year where I jumped right back into that habit.
    At the end of the day it will be my vanity that saves me, since I look awful and bloated in the belly and face the day after drinking...if I have to be anywhere to be seen. So I have cut back/took an AF day, when I know that I need to be fresh and want to look good/professional the following day. More motivation on certain days where I feel like having drinks but don't because I would look terrible the following day. Where ever we can find a reason to drink less is a good place.
  • dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,554 Member
    Options
    As usual, I am going to try for 16-20 AF days for the month.
    I just made it to 16 for December.

Wednesday January 01 - 3 drinks
    Thursday January 02 - 3 drinks
    Friday January 03 - AF
    Saturday January 04 - AF - Had to delay and delay and delay today, really wanted to have drinks...but I didn't.
    Sunday January 05 - 3 drinks
    Monday January 06 - AF
    Tuesday January 07 - 3 drinks. Although I have skipped some Tuesdays in the past, it is my designated drink day. I felt off the rails today and know that I need to make some changes with jobs, because the Tuesdays are increasingly just too much for me. Tough to find another job at 59, but the stress is ridiculous. That first sip of alcohol was nicely numbing. I know intellectually that it is not the best way to decompress, but it certainly is surefire and quick.
    Wednesday January 08 - AF
    Thursday January 09 - 3 drinks - worked early morning until 8pm today, started thinking by 7pm of having a drink when I got home after a grueling day...and I did. I sure am not racking up many AF days this month so far! I know that I won't get rid of that 5 pound gain over the holidays (which took me 7 months to lose!) unless I stop the alcohol. Work in progress.
    Friday January 10 - AF. Planned wine tomorrow evening with a friend.
    Saturday January 11 - Wine and Brandy. The conversation flowed so easily as those of you who have imbibed in alcohol know how that goes. I was pretty good about having a water in between each drink, that made me feel as if I was "drinking less". Ready to get serious about racking up some AF days soon.
    Sunday January 12 - AF
    Monday January 13 - AF
    Tuesday January 14 - 3 drinks. Pretty much 1 for 1. Going to try to do a little better. No regrets for having drinks tonight. I am never going to be an abstainer, but definitely want to drink less.
    Wednesday January 15 - AF - halfway to the lower end of my goal for the month.
    Thursday January 16 - 3 drinks - wanted the 4th, but knew that it would make me throw up, so didn't. I need to get back to at least 2 AF days in a row every time.

Running tally: 8AF days out of 16 days so far.
  • helen_goldthorpe
    helen_goldthorpe Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    10/16. Recovering from a slow start!

1 – 1 Belgian beer – on holiday in Belgium
    2 – 1 Belgian beer – on holiday in Belgium
    3 – 2 Belgian beers – on holiday in Belgium
    4 – 3 Belgian beers – on holiday in Belgium/overnight ferry home
    5 – AF
    6 – AF
    7 – AF
    8 – AF
    9 - AF
    10 – 1 glass wine – at OH’s parents’ house (sensibly sized glass – splitting a bottle between 4 of us)
    11 – 1 glass wine – at OH’s parents’ house (ditto)
    12 – AF
    13 – AF
    14 – AF (although I did put some wine in the risotto I cooked)
    15 – AF
    16 – AF

Not my best month – I did sober October then continued until about 10 November, so I can get through a month with less drinking than this – but not bad and there are only two days where I’ve had more than one drink. I’m 2 weeks into a new training plan and the motivation to nail the workouts is definitely helping. Tonight some friends are going out for drinks but because I have a ride on the schedule for first thing in the morning I’m probably going to skip it and have another AF one.