Less Alcohol - JANUARY 2020- One Day at a Time

Options

Replies

• MissMay
    MissMay Posts: 3,548 Member
    Options
    I thought I'd follow the ideas of some of the posters and have AF "drink"

T&T (Slimline Tonic & Tonic) TBH I couldn't really tell there wasnt any Gin in them but I will be able to in the morning .[/img]

What beautiful drink accessories. Pewter garnish skewers? So classy. Enjoy your AF T&T.

• MissMay
    Options
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    I finally racked up some consecutive AF days This week. Currently sitting at 7 AF and 9 A for the month. With some of the other events - work and social I have for the remainder of the month I’m aiming for 12 AF.

Weekend plans - have a dinner party tonight and nervously watching football on Sunday, Go Chiefs!

Our team got bounced out of the wild card play offs. I will have to cheer for a different team in the superbowl this year. Congrats on your AF days in a row.
  • MissMay
    Options
    LoveyChar wrote: »
    @BuffMom84 My husband is from Milwaukee. He gets drunk pregame and stays that way bad you can hear him screaming down the road. Aaron Rodgers can't hear it, but the whole neighborhood can 😕.

To everyone meeting their goals, nice commitment! I had too many drinks on Tuesday. I'm either going to give up drinking altogether or buy those small bottles of wine, unless I have a person to share a big bottle with.

Th,e little bottles do work, give them a try.
  • MissMay
    Options
    I thought I was going to have a drink today as I have a rest day tomorrow, but it's past 7.30 and I'm not sure I can be bothered.

I need this tatooed on my forehead. Nice job.
  • dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,556 Member
    Options
    As usual, I am going to try for 16-20 AF days for the month.
    I just made it to 16 for December.

Wednesday January 01 - 3 drinks
    Thursday January 02 - 3 drinks
    Friday January 03 - AF
    Saturday January 04 - AF - Had to delay and delay and delay today, really wanted to have drinks...but I didn't.
    Sunday January 05 - 3 drinks
    Monday January 06 - AF
    Tuesday January 07 - 3 drinks. Although I have skipped some Tuesdays in the past, it is my designated drink day. I felt off the rails today and know that I need to make some changes with jobs, because the Tuesdays are increasingly just too much for me. Tough to find another job at 59, but the stress is ridiculous. That first sip of alcohol was nicely numbing. I know intellectually that it is not the best way to decompress, but it certainly is surefire and quick.
    Wednesday January 08 - AF
    Thursday January 09 - 3 drinks - worked early morning until 8pm today, started thinking by 7pm of having a drink when I got home after a grueling day...and I did. I sure am not racking up many AF days this month so far! I know that I won't get rid of that 5 pound gain over the holidays (which took me 7 months to lose!) unless I stop the alcohol. Work in progress.
    Friday January 10 - AF. Planned wine tomorrow evening with a friend.
    Saturday January 11 - Wine and Brandy. The conversation flowed so easily as those of you who have imbibed in alcohol know how that goes. I was pretty good about having a water in between each drink, that made me feel as if I was "drinking less". Ready to get serious about racking up some AF days soon.
    Sunday January 12 - AF
    Monday January 13 - AF
    Tuesday January 14 - 3 drinks. Pretty much 1 for 1. Going to try to do a little better. No regrets for having drinks tonight. I am never going to be an abstainer, but definitely want to drink less.
    Wednesday January 15 - AF - halfway to the lower end of my goal for the month.
    Thursday January 16 - 3 drinks - wanted the 4th, but knew that it would make me throw up, so didn't. I want to get back to trying to get 2 AF days in a row each time in between.
    Friday January 17 - AF
    Saturday January 18 - AF - It was touch and go there for a couple of hours, I really felt like having a couple of drinks. I am sure that I will be happy about it in the morning that I managed to resist.

Running tally: 10AF days out of 18 days so far.
  • helen_goldthorpe
    helen_goldthorpe Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    1 - 1 Belgian beer – on holiday in Belgium
    2 - 1 Belgian beer – on holiday in Belgium
    3 - 2 Belgian beers – on holiday in Belgium
    4 - 3 Belgian beers – on holiday in Belgium/overnight ferry home
    5 - AF
    6 - AF
    7 - AF
    8 - AF
    9 - AF
    10 - 1 glass wine – at OH’s parents’ house (sensibly sized glass – splitting a bottle between 4 of us)
    11 - 1 glass wine – at OH’s parents’ house (ditto)
    12 - AF
    13 - AF
    14 - AF (although I did put some wine in the risotto I cooked)
    15 - AF
    16 - AF
    17 - AF
    18 - AF

12/18. I'm expecting to make it through to Friday then that will be my last AF day of the month as we're off to Spain for a week.
  • looneycatblue
    looneycatblue Posts: 1,305 Member
    Options
    AF : 10 out of 18 days so far for Jan.
  • Lilylady3k
    Lilylady3k Posts: 3,814 Member
    Options
    January accountability ~ 18
    No Alcohol: 14 days
    Alcohol: 4 days (9 drinks)
    Goal: AF days 3 per week / 12 per month
    DH went DRY for January which is a real challenge for him as well … and I’m trying to be supportive.

You’ll never change your life until you change something you do daily. The secret of your success is found in your daily routine. - John C. Maxwell

Including December in my weekly view.
    Dec 30 - 2 glasses wine
    Dec 31 - AF
    Jan 1 - AF
    Jan 2 - AF
    Jan 3 - AF
    Jan 4 - AF
    Jan 5 - AF
    6 AF days out of 7 this week!!!

Jan 6 - AF
    Jan 7 - AF
    Jan 8 - AF
    Jan 9 - AF Virgin Bloody Mary & water at happy hour. Water at Bunco!
    Jan 10 - 2 glasses wine
    Jan 11 - AF
    Jan 12 - 3 glasses wine … DH & I visiting my sister
    5 AF days out of 7 this week.

Jan 13 - AF LSU National Champions GEAUX Tigers! 😊💜😊💜😊
    Jan 14 - AF
    Jan 15 - AF Book Club usually split a bottle of wine with DD but she is doing Dry January so it worked this month
    Jan 16 - AF
    Jan 17 - 2 drinks @ fishing camp
    Jan 18 - 2 glasses of wine @ fishing camp
  • MissMay
    Options
    7fgcqc1woiah.png
  • MissMay
    Options
    Yea @whitpauly I have to get a grasp on this. Winters are looooonnnggggg up this way and we have two and a half more months of white stuff to put up with.

We got this!!
  • dawnbgethealthy
    Options
    As usual, I am going to try for 16-20 AF days for the month.
    I just made it to 16 for December.

Wednesday January 01 - 3 drinks
    Thursday January 02 - 3 drinks
    Friday January 03 - AF
    Saturday January 04 - AF - Had to delay and delay and delay today, really wanted to have drinks...but I didn't.
    Sunday January 05 - 3 drinks
    Monday January 06 - AF
    Tuesday January 07 - 3 drinks. Although I have skipped some Tuesdays in the past, it is my designated drink day. I felt off the rails today and know that I need to make some changes with jobs, because the Tuesdays are increasingly just too much for me. Tough to find another job at 59, but the stress is ridiculous. That first sip of alcohol was nicely numbing. I know intellectually that it is not the best way to decompress, but it certainly is surefire and quick.
    Wednesday January 08 - AF
    Thursday January 09 - 3 drinks - worked early morning until 8pm today, started thinking by 7pm of having a drink when I got home after a grueling day...and I did. I sure am not racking up many AF days this month so far! I know that I won't get rid of that 5 pound gain over the holidays (which took me 7 months to lose!) unless I stop the alcohol. Work in progress.
    Friday January 10 - AF. Planned wine tomorrow evening with a friend.
    Saturday January 11 - Wine and Brandy. The conversation flowed so easily as those of you who have imbibed in alcohol know how that goes. I was pretty good about having a water in between each drink, that made me feel as if I was "drinking less". Ready to get serious about racking up some AF days soon.
    Sunday January 12 - AF
    Monday January 13 - AF
    Tuesday January 14 - 3 drinks. Pretty much 1 for 1. Going to try to do a little better. No regrets for having drinks tonight. I am never going to be an abstainer, but definitely want to drink less.
    Wednesday January 15 - AF - halfway to the lower end of my goal for the month.
    Thursday January 16 - 3 drinks - wanted the 4th, but knew that it would make me throw up, so didn't. I want to get back to trying to get 2 AF days in a row each time in between.
    Friday January 17 - AF
    Saturday January 18 - AF - It was touch and go there for a couple of hours, I really felt like having a couple of drinks. I am sure that I will be happy about it in the morning that I managed to resist.
    Sunday January 19 - 3 drinks. Definitely will be AF tomorrow, Tuesdays are usually a very busy day for me.

Running tally: 10AF days out of 19 days so far.
  • dawnbgethealthy
    Options
    1 - 1 Belgian beer – on holiday in Belgium

12/18. I'm expecting to make it through to Friday then that will be my last AF day of the month as we're off to Spain for a week.

Love hearing about your exotic trips! So, Belgium = great Belgian beer. Spain?